• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Acquire QB Case Keenum

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 13, 2019

REDSKINS ACQUIRE QB CASE KEENUM

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have acquired quarterback Case Keenum from the Denver Broncos. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

In addition, the team announced that it has released linebacker Zach Brown and defensive lineman Stacy McGee.

Keenum (6-1, 215) is a six-year NFL veteran who entered the league as an undrafted free agent with the Houston Texans in 2012. He has appeared in 57 career regular season games with 54 starts, completing 1,144-of-1,844 passes (62.0 percent) for 12,661 yards with 64 touchdowns and 42 interceptions for a passer rating of 84.5. He has also rushed 122 times for 416 yards and five touchdowns in his career.

In postseason play, Keenum has started in the two games in which he has appeared and registered 589 passing yards with two touchdowns.

Last season, he started all 16 games for the Denver Broncos and accumulated single season career-highs in passing yards (3,890) and completions (365) to complement 18 touchdowns.

In 2017, Keenum started 14 games recording single season career-highs in completion percentage (67.6) and touchdown passes (22). He recorded 3,547 yards passing and led the Minnesota Vikings to an NFC North division title and an appearance in the NFC Championship.

Keenum played collegiately at Houston and was named a second-team All-America selection in 2009 as a junior. He was named the Conference USA Most Valuable Player and earned Offensive Player of the Year honors twice.

Keenum, 31, attended Wylie H.S. in Abilene, Texas. He was born February 17, 1988.

A smart, solid move.

Still think Colt is the week 1 starter. But having a vet backup in the house is a good thing.
Regardless who starts.

A smart, solid move.

Still think Colt is the week 1 starter. But having a vet backup in the house is a good thing.
Regardless who starts.

Getting my positive post quota in for the week.

I agree! :)

Keenum is a better qb.

Colt starts Week 1 in my mind only if Gruden plays favorites -which he has been known to do.

Keenum has started 52 games and had two seasons with 18 and 22 touchdowns in 2017 and 2018 with 3,500 yards plus.

What numbers has Colt put up?

Other than being a backup for the past 4-5 years and getting hurt shortly after coming on the field in relief other starters McCoy in re NFL stats has been largely invisible since starting some games in Cleveland years ago.

There's no one more popular than the backup qb on a losing team.

And that is what Colt has been.

I say Colt, week 1, because he knows Grudens entire playbook. And, Gruden LOVES his playbook more than life itself. Keenum may well be the eventual starter. But unless he really grasps the GruScheme quickly, Colt will start.

Week one.

well, as Doc Walker said recently there have been too many players here that have been given spots rather than having to earn them.

If that doesn't change the record will stay the same.

Case Keenum has not been introduced to the public yet. DRC had a public signing. So did Landon Collins. AP was signed last summer, so he doesn't need such an intro.

Keep a watch on the Keenum situation.

My $0.02.

It's a little peculiar but I have also wondered if they were keeping it low profile out of respect for Colt McCoy. Hold a big press conference and it sort of implies he's the anointed starter even though they've said he's not. Could be something more than that though for sure.

However QB plays out I know two things have to happen given what is in front of us and the apparent FO priority for today over tomorrow:

1. Create a fearsome pass rush that is also strong against the rush: need an edge rusher or a top tier LB faster than the wind. This will take pressure off the secondary (i.e., can't stock the defense with all-stars end-to-end...among other things, wouldn't be able to keep it together very long once contracts ran out).

2. Get the o-line restocked with depth. Gruden notwithstanding, to me it looks like we're headed to one of those offenses that is run first, play action second, capable of 21-24 points a game - not one of these high-scoring 28 to 30+ points a game offenses. Get our ourselves a very fast WR in the draft who can run run precise routes and actually catch the ball with regularity to keep defenses guessing. It'ld be nice to get a top tier TE but I don't see that happening this year - not enough resources. Whatever, get the o-line fixed...now (after drafting that top tier edge rusher)!!!!

Strengthening the Oline, both with a legit NFL LG, along with upgrading depth at every Oline position, will make it possible for the offense to be consistent.
Regardless of whether it's Colt, or Case, under center.

Strengthening the Oline, both with a legit NFL LG, along with upgrading depth at every Oline position, will make it possible for the offense to be consistent.
Regardless of whether it's Colt, or Case, under center.
Cody Ford or Jonah Williams if they're there @15 please! Either one could play guard or tackle.

Forgot, also a TE, who can at least, block a one legged blind man.
If he can catch a ball or two, every other week?...………………………………………….BONUS!

Forgot, also a TE, who can at least, block a one legged blind man.
If he can catch a ball or two, every other week?...………………………………………….BONUS!

I think just as important than OL depth, and an LG, is the blocking TE who can create nightmares for DB's, one who can change a game. We need not look any further than Gronkowski to see the value in that; it's why the Pats have been so good w/out a premier WR.

If we could end up with Hockenson, sign an LG and get some depth along the interior of the line in the draft in the middle rounds...it would go a long way to making our offense pretty damned good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.