• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 BGO NFL Pickem Contest: Final Results!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
It's finally over. The most competitive NFL Pickem contest anywhere has finally wrapped up, and in what we believe is a BGO first, our winner ran the season table.

Brother @Om is our 2018 BGO NFL Pickem Champion - and he lead all comers from Week 1 all the way through to the Super Bowl. @Om tried to make it interesting during the playoffs, allowing defending champ @Kel Varnsen to draw within a single game, but that's as close as it got. BTW, even if it had been the Rams who'd proven victorious in the Super Bowl, @Om would've prevailed on the basis of season tie-breaker points.
@Om finished the 2018 contest with an astounding 176-89-2 record, a 50.57% accuracy rate in one of the most challenging seasons to predict ever.

Congrats to @Om for winning our grand prize, and kudos to @Kel Varnsen for once again finishing at or near the top, this time as runner-up.

Rounding out our prize winners, it was @IronMike and @SkinsOrlando in 3rd and 4th place respectively.

The remainder of our 2018 top 10 finishers included @DixieFlatline, @redskins26, @RobinTom, @Posse Lover, @Ax, and @China.

Thanks to all who participated in 2018 and we hope to have an even bigger contest in 2019!

To see all Super Bowl Sunday Results, log in to your Pocket Office Pool account, open the 'Recap Report', and sort to 'Weeks Record'.

To see final Season to Date Results, log in to your Pocket Office Pool account, open the 'Recap Report', and sort to 'Season Record/Pts'.

Nice job, Om. Wire to wire...truly impressive.

Thanks for running it again, Boone. You da man.

Congratulations to the winners! This was a very challenging season and contest. This contest proves to me that I would lose my shirt if I had to bet with point spreads and real money in Vegas!
Just send the Brinks truck with my third-place $$$ winnings! :)

Thanks, brothers.

Confession: I ended up caring about winning this thing WAY too much--a clear character flaw. Toward the end I found myself actually rooting for teams I'd generally not be caught dead supporting.

Kel, you were right there man. At one point I found myself considering going back over the weeks to see what teams you tended to pick in certain situations ... and then I thought Dude. Just stop. Have a bourbon.

So I did.

Cheers and Hail.

It stayed competitive throughout the season which definitely helped keep my interests, cheers to all, let's see how next year shapes out.

Thanks, brothers.

Confession: I ended up caring about winning this thing WAY too much--a clear character flaw. Toward the end I found myself actually rooting for teams I'd generally not be caught dead supporting.

Kel, you were right there man. At one point I found myself considering going back over the weeks to see what teams you tended to pick in certain situations ... and then I thought Dude. Just stop. Have a bourbon.

So I did.

Cheers and Hail.

Congrat Om. You deserved to win. I could get close, but never could catch you. Great job this year to the new champ!

And thank you Boone for running the contest again this year. It is always fun and anyone reading this that did not play, you need to play next year. Play all the contests. They are all easy and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SkinsOrlando and @Kel Varnsen - your prizes are enroute to you. We hope you like them! @IronMike - we still need your name/mailing address brother so we can get your prize in the mail to you. PM me so we can settle up.

Om, is there anything you don't excel at? I already knew of your wordsmithing prowess, but a master prognosticator as well? I think you circled back and got in line twice on the good Lord's handout day...well done.

Boone, I know it's way too early for you to have considered - probably - when exactly that day arrives, but I have to tell you I am eagerly awaiting my opportunity to sign up for this season's contest. I look forward to competing against what, as shown by the percentages, seems to be quite formidable opposition.

Om, is there anything you don't excel at? I already knew of your wordsmithing prowess, but a master prognosticator as well? I think you circled back and got in line twice on the good Lord's handout day...well done.

Boone, I know it's way too early for you to have considered - probably - but I am eagerly awaiting my opportunity to sign up for this season's contest. I look forward to competing against what, as shown by the percentages, is formidable opposition.

I usually set up the contest in July- August and we will be glad to have you. We also run a couple of Fantasy Football leagues every year if you are interested in that as well.

I usually set up the contest in July- August and we will be glad to have you. We also run a couple of Fantasy Football leagues every year if you are interested in that as well.

Dang, that was quick. Replied before I saved the edit lol. Thanks you for the 411. Not much of a FF guy, mainly because the metrics and numbers that participants must evaluate will almost certainly break my brain...but I'm down for a simple yea or nay weekly, yessir.

Om, is there anything you don't excel at?

And he does it all with such grace...

state-of-grace.PNG.b5b738b4a55a78cd158aecf718cd4610.jpg

Damn, a Hail! magazine sighting! I'm not sure I have any idea what that column was about ... which is probably a good thing given how that particular history played out.

All old news, though. I caught lighting in a bottle in this year's Pick 'em--I have zero illusions about my NFL prognostications skill. One of you bastiges will grab it next year I'm sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.