• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Week one starting Qb for the redskins. Pick it.

No worries brother. I just wanted to make it clear that if it seems like we prefer rah rah members that this isn't the case. On drafting a first round QB - I guess it all depends on whether conventional wisdom (that none of these QBs are future stars) is correct or wildly wrong. Historically, the ‘experts' have been wrong as often as they've been right on who'll make it vs. who won't. I'll grant you that the predictive track record has been more accurate in recent years. But it's still wrong as often as it's right.

I don't think we should draft a guy just to draft a QB. But if they really like a kid in this draft they'll likely get him at a bargain since what you're arguing is the majority belief (that there are no special QB talents beyond Murray in this draft) and also because the top of the draft boards are dominated by defensive prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take:

Colt McCoy cannot stay healthy and has now TWICE failed to come in and stay on the field in relief of the starters, in 2014 and again in 2018.

Hence the trade for Case Keenum who has started 52 games in the NFL and is durable and comes in as cheaply as Colt.

So, I see Washington having a pseudo-competition between these two with Keenum emerging as the starter while a player picked in Round 2 or 3 is groomed for 2020.

AJ McCarron was just released by the Raiders...vet minimum!

n all seriousness, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to groom as a backup behind Keenum and/or whomever else we get. At this point, I think we should just move on from McCoy.

I would assume we're looking for a future starter before the offseason is over. But if we were looking for a backup I'd grab Blake Bortles.

I actually think we might have found the only QB with a lot of starting experience that we could both afford, and who'd be an immediate upgrade over McCoy. Props to the front office for being aggressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.