• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Health update.

I'm hanging in. Thank you for asking, Win and Boone especially I try to get on but even typing is exertion enough to get me short of breath. I do check facebook occasionally. I hadfollow up echocardiogram and MUGA scan last week and, to quote the doc, my cardiac function has "minimally improved". I have tried to get back to work and I'm lucky if I can finish one full shift. Luckily I've been there 8 years and they are r\pretty much letting me work when I can. I'have to go have pacemaker checked sometime next week. Where it is is awkward as it's implanted right under my left clavicle and if I move my shoulder too much backward, it hurts.

I am definitely looking forward for football season...s

Not sure what future holds, regarding both my health and whether I'll be staying here in WV.

Thanks again for everyone's support, prayers and good thoughts. It means alot that my online "family" thinks of me.

Hugs and love to all, and of course, HTTR.

We're all thinking about ya Doc and praying for you as well.

Thanks Win. It's been scary especially when it all started. Seems like yesterday and it's been almost 10 months.
A long overdue update. Since I last wrote there has been some substantial changes .... apparently the 2 heart attacks played havoc with myy system. I had to quit my job so now my sole income is social security. Ive had several episodes of "forgetfulness" and actually had two episodes of going out for a walk and walking into someone else's house. That's scary. I have periods of time where I'm prone to falling .. without warning and have had several falls where give come to on the floor with no recollection of what happened.

I'm trying to make plans to get back to Maryland where the majority of my family is plus i have not the resources to get the house ready or even weed the front yard.

I've been okay for a couple weeks now but cannot go out in heat or even go up or down stairs.

I'm not asking for pity... this whole situation simply has me a little frightened. I am looking forward to football season and game chats.

So bring it on!!!! HTTR!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Bless your heart Sandy! We have been worried about you because we know you are typically around here when things are good. Those falling episodes make me wonder if you're having some dysrhythmia issues. Sounds like getting closer to family where you can get some support would be a good thing. We love you and hope this all calms down and your health situation improves <3

Boone said it perfectly Sandy, we're all worried about and praying for you to get well.

Thanks Boone and Win.... your posts mean a lot. While i haven't worked for 2 weeks... yesterday was may last day at work after almost 9 years. Was somewhat bittersweet when i went in to clean my desk out when this wasn't a choice i made.

In any event I've said so many times i feel like you all are family and i cant wait to be back to cheering on the redskins with the best group of fans i know and love.

We always hope the best for you, Sandy. Hopefully, there will be some good Samaritans around to help you as needed. Maybe the Redskins will have a good year - that kind of medicinal healing would be awesome.

Keep us up to date when you can.

Our dear friend Sandy had to be hospitalized yesterday. She was a gamer yesterday sitting in on a pretty woeful game chat, but wasn't doing well later and had to be admitted. Please join me in sharing your thoughts and prayers for her!

Sandy - hope this is just a little speed bump and that you are back with us asap! :love_heart:

I'm sorry to hear this. Sandy, I'm sending my prayers your way! Much love being sent from the west coast. ~ Katie

Heart problems suck. Sorry you're going through this, Sandy. Hang in there and we'll try and win this one against the Pats. :)

I'm home but no where near 100%. Finally.agreed to transfusion which did bring up my hemoglobin from 7.5 to 9 (normal 11 and up,). But there's still fluid and of course the transfusion added fluid. They don't want to dry me too much cuz they dont want to put me into kidney failure.....

Bottom line im home and i feel like im between a rock and a hard place.

I should be in chat on sunday.

Take care and thanks to all good wishes and prayers...you all are the best!!

HTTR and luv you peoples....

Missed your update! Sandy - so glad you got some help and are feeling better. We love ya!

Sandy contacted me this morning and, unfortunately, she had to be transported to a hospital in WV this morning. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We are thinking about you Sandy :love:

I don't want to violate Sandy's privacy too much by sharing details - she can do that when she's able if she likes. She was hospitalized for an event she experienced but she and her niece have been communicating with me. I think she is probably reading on the site some if you want to post here or send her a PM. We are thinking of you Sandy and sending our love your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for recovery, Doc.

Let's hope our boys send you a big hug with a win Thursday night.

Hey Doc! Missed you in the chat on Sunday. Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly.

Hope you recover quickly and can rejoin us soon!

Hi all. Thanks for the good wishes. I hope to be in chat Sunday...I am currently in rehab recovering from a stroke I suffered, leaving me with left sided weakness.. and being prone to falls. Things are going slow but I am improving. I plan to be in chat tomorrow but it depends on whether I can get a good wifi connection. If I'm not there assume that I couldn't get a connection and I'll keep track of the game thread.

Great to hear you're recovering Doc, make sure to take it easy and not get too worked up. Just remember, watching this year's skins team may in fact be harmful to a recovery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.