BGObsessed
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

Default insult to injury

since 1992 how many Redskins have there been who had a hall of fame worthy career? I was arguing with a cowpies fan and he asked me that and I honestly cannot name a single redskin from post 1992 who was worthy of a HOF nod. honestly I think I might stop watching football if we do not get some very good players and soon.

and no samuels wasn't a HOF calibre LT. bailey was not a HOF corner and Portis was not a HOF running back. Taylor would have been a HOF safety.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Re: insult to injury

Last edited by Fear The Spear; 01-05-19 at 01:14 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Coast Guard North Carolina

Oh, come on - no Desmond Howard '92, Heath Shuler 94. Michael Westbrook '95, LaVar Arrington '00, Rod Gardner '01, Carlos Rogers or Jason Campbell '05, LaRon Landry '07, or the lovely Robert Griffin III '12...

Damn, I don't know what hurts more - my eyes from reading this GARBAGE or my brain for remembering them. UGH SMH
    0 1 0 0

"As long as I own this football team and long after I'm gone, they will always be the Washington Redskins."
    Jack K. Cooke

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LaVar is in the Arrington HoF...
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would argue that the Hall is still pretty demanding with it's inclusion criteria, and I prefer it that way. Even the 10 year dynasty that was Gibbs 1.0 only produced four players who made it in, and two non-players (Gibbs and Beathard). I can think of at least two or three others who are certainly deserving but will probably never get in. Se la vie. It is what it is. My point brother is that over a decade of dominance that saw a sum total of over 500 players - granted a lot of those rosters were filled with a lot of the same guys year in and year out - but out of more than 500 we produced FOUR. At least that's what the experts say. When you consider that the fact that we haven't had a HOF caliber player in the last 26 odd years isn't THAT unusual IMHO. Cheers.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

London Fletcher.
    0 1 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How many Hall of Fame players do you think the Eagles had on their roster in 2017 when they won the Super Bowl?

Fletcher Cox and Carson Wentz may develop into HOF caliber candidates over time but right now I can't think of anyone.

Who on the 2016 Patriots other than Brady that beat Atlanta is a HOFer?

I think the HOFer argument takes us too far from where we have to go.

You can win the Super Bowl in a watered down, modern free-agency league with B+ and A- players.

You don't need consensus A+ all pros to win.

Where the Redskins currently have it wrong is that we are paying some B level players and even some C level players in terms of performance A money and deluding ourselves into thinking they are A players.

Norman, Kerrigan, Reed, Thompson, Smith, Moses.

We are paying these guys as if they are all-pros but they are at least a level below that if not two.
    0 2 0 0

NFL Pickem Champion 2017 BGO Ballers Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    High Point

Default insult to injury

Bulldog makes a good point about overrating the value of a hall of famer in your team. It’s about having a good team, not a collection of great players. Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 hall of fame players that have been on the Redskins in the Snyder era: Deon Sanders, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Jason Taylor. I may have missed some since the mantra of the early Snyder era was to sign great talents who were past their prime. Just because you have a hall of fame player or two or three doesn’t mean you will be great. It’s all about your team and how well they play together.

Having said that, it does point to the awful drafting the Redskins have done the past 26 years. If you have really good players, you will get some guys worthy of a discussion. But other than Samuels and Williams at LT, they haven’t had any consistent greatness.

Posted With Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; 01-07-19 at 08:49 PM.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

none of the guys you mentioned were hall of famers with us, just money guys at the end. taylor and smith were decent at least sanders was done. reed was hot garbage. yes teams are about the team but the absolute best teams are solid across the board with a couple hall of famers srinkled in and several guys who would at least be in an argument as HOF
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Bulldog makes a good point about overrating the value of a hall of famer in your team. It’s about having a good team, not a collection of great players. Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 hall of fame players that have been on the Redskins in the Snyder era: Deon Sanders, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Jason Taylor. I may have missed some since the mantra of the early Snyder era was to sign great talents who were past their prime. Just because you have a hall of fame player or two or three doesn’t mean you will be great. It’s all about your team and how well they play together.

Having said that, it does point to the awful drafting the Redskins have done the past 26 years. If you have really good players, you will get some guys worthy of a discussion. But other than Samuels and Williams at LT, they haven’t had any consistent greatness.

Posted With Tapatalk
    I would settle for consistently decent at this point
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Rymanofthenorth View Post
    none of the guys you mentioned were hall of famers with us, just money guys at the end. taylor and smith were decent at least sanders was done. reed was hot garbage. yes teams are about the team but the absolute best teams are solid across the board with a couple hall of famers srinkled in and several guys who would at least be in an argument as HOF
    Not London Fletcher!
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.