• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jay Gruden back for 2019

DieselPwr44

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jay Gruden has officially been told he's back as Redskins coach for 2019, per source. This has been expectation among many for weeks.</p>— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1081301802568613890?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh, yeah. We can all bitch and moan about how the organization needs to change, practices have to get harder, more vigorous leadership from the top including HC, but the reality of it is Snyder likes Allen and Allen doesn't want to hire any HC or GM that has an established reputation indepedent of him.

I expect the team may shuffle some deck chairs, Manusky may lose his job. Allen may create a VP of Football Ops but that person will still end up reporting to him as Team President.

15 years ago Snyder wanted too much change all the time.

Now the Redskins are like the old British Civil Service, any meaningful changes are heretical and go against ‘tradition'.

What a mess.

Take a deep breath Bulldog.

You love picking things apart. You should be in 7th heaven.

Anyway, not the answer I wanted, and it shouldn't have taken 2 seconds to just tell everyone a week ago, but, it's the 1st thing that needed to be settled.

Now, let's make lemonade.

I think these lemons have already been squeezed pretty hard.

Five years of coming up short in big games even when healthy and the poor clock and game management that helped contribute to the losses.

I have seen enough.

Evidently Dan and Bruce have not.

Not the first time we have disagreed 😜

Well, at the beginning of this season I was ready to give the NFL and the Redskins one more season before I completely gave up. While there were some calls by the referees that changed the course of games, it was not as egregious as I'd seen in the past this season so I will watch through the playoffs.

The Redskins, though? Until there is a change in direction...meaningful change in leadership, I'm done watching. Which means my participation in this forum is probably going to wane. No sense investing time to learn of the moves in the off-season if I'm not willing to invest another season with Gruden and Allen.

I've invested enough. I'm, done!

The NFC east is applauding this move wholeheartedly. We're not catching a break until Dan sells

Fedex field attendance, or lack of will be a top headline every week now.

Of course he's returning. He's controllable, let's the FO determine who's active on game-day and is no threat to the Snyderallenarchy.

In one regard, the return of Gruden could be a blessing in disguise.

The harsh reality is that this team has not fallen hard enough or sunk deep enough to the bottom of the tank.

You are not going to become a dominant winner in this league when you are consistently in the 6 to 9 win range, and hovering in the 11 - 17 range in the draft.

We essentially need to swallow the bitter pill of accepting 3 to 4 win seasons for several years in a row. That is our best hope of landing a generational, franchise-changing player that can rescue us from the choke hold that Dan and Bruce have on this fanbase.

With the roster as currently constructed, and the return of Jay Gruden, we might well be on the way to bottoming out. Long term, that might not be such a bad thing.

Dear Dan...why are you such a supporter of the Cowboys? The one thing that reaches to the core of any Redskin fan. You are an epic fail in this regard. Jones, like him or not, plays the game to win. The inference should be obvious.

On to Dan's excellent off-season adventure! Let' see now...

1. A playoff quality QB
2. Receivers who can actually run precise patterns and separate
3. Some guards and tackles
4. Some OLBs
5. LBs who can cover
6. TEs who can block, catch, run precise patterns, not get injured every other day
6. Back to needing starting caliber safeties
7. DBs who can cover man on man
8. Coaches who can make intelligent game time adjustments (i.e., understand what the opponent is doing and creatively force their wil on the opponent)
9. Drafting talent in the mid to lower rounds that stick with the team
10. running back depth
11. 3rd down players on offense who can get open

Yea, you and Bruce have done a truly fine job Dan! Count me me all in! I at least know what to expect - decisions that enhance the probability that the Cowboys, Fecals, Gints will kick our arses up and down the field year in and year out.

You da man!

Last edited by a moderator:
In one regard, the return of Gruden could be a blessing in disguise.

The harsh reality is that this team has not fallen hard enough or sunk deep enough to the bottom of the tank.

You are not going to become a dominant winner in this league when you are consistently in the 6 to 9 win range, and hovering in the 11 - 17 range in the draft.

One would have thought seeing that disgusting sea of green in the last game might have driven the point home, but I guess not. Either Snyder doesn't care and simply enjoys the revenue from the team and the NFL or he asked around and no one else in the league wants to work for him.

I suspect a combo of both.

Perhaps it's time for "Operation Fanless Stadium" next year. Yeah, he still makes money for resold seats and other revenue streams, but it's long past time Skins fans seriously hit him where it hurts.

One would have thought seeing that disgusting sea of green in the last game might have driven the point home, but I guess not. Either Snyder doesn't care and simply enjoys the revenue from the team and the NFL or he asked around and no one else in the league wants to work for him.

Perhaps it's time for "Operation Fanless Stadium" next year. Yeah, he still makes money for resold seats and other revenue streams, but it's long past time Skins fans seriously hit him where it hurts.

No taxpayer funded stadium.

He still has Bruce, Joe T and his blow dryer and Cooley to tell him things are actually ok and that these are just 8-game home outliers every season.

He should be. He's the only coach in the history of the NFL, including about a dozen who attempted to do so, who was able to cause this reaction from this player, with a depleted offense that was probably less talented than any other offense, he played for.

Snyder is well on his way to being as reviled as Bill Bidwill and Art Modell were back in the day.

I remember a couple of years ago a guy who was a former Browns fan was arrested for pissing on the grave of Art Modell

When he was arrested he said that Modell ran the team into the ground before finally moving it to Baltimore and deserved it 😈

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.