• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Reuben Foster: Latest Charges Dropped

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Well, looks like the latest domestic violence charges were dropped. We'll see how the league handles this, there should be no consequences if there weren't in the legal arena, but they hate us, so...

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/domestic-violence-charges-against-former-49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-dropped/1684904453

Edit: This guy has one more chance at this...as a member of the Redskins, let's hope he makes the most of this opportunity. If so, we just got an all-pro for free.

Ruben Foster: Latest Charges Dropped

I'm glad the charges were dropped, because that most likely means what was said to happen didn't happen quite like it was portrayed in the media. But that doesn't guarantee he won't be suspended by the NFL. Elliott had all his charges dropped and he was still suspended for 6 games. The NFL can do what they want and aren't bound by the legal system. If they feel he did something they don't like even if it wasn't criminal, they can suspend him. I expect some sort of suspension for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ruben Foster: Latest Charges Dropped

I am glad the charges were dropped. Especially if it was just to ruin the guys career because it would have. Lets hope he turns out to be a assets and not a bust. Anyone to replace Mason Foster in mid field coverage would be good.

Well, let's pump the breaks a bit.

SF fans I have talked to indicated Foster was a guy like LaVar that liked to freelance and play outside of the called defense.

He was disciplined several times by the staff for that.

So, he is going to need some work in terms of maturity and development to play effectively in the NFL.

And let's remember the Redskins are in the spot of having to gamble because the draft has failed to deliver any impact players at LB.

This is good news.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">**UPDATED NFL NEWS**<br>Source: Reuben Foster's DV charges dropped due to inconsistency in story of his accuser, also witness came forward with some kind of recording (audio) where accuser planned to setup him up if he didn't pay her CCard bills and other intangible items. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a></p>— IB 💵 🔌 (@incarceratedbob) <a href="https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1080866072734113792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If this is true, alot of folks owe the young man an apology.

Doubt all the flame throwers in the media do it...but they should.

I wonder how long the NFL is going to be able to get away with suspending players that are found not guilty in court or who are not charged because the authorities believe there isn't enough evidence to prosecute.

The NFL and other sports leagues do a poor enough job policing OWNERS and front office executives despite alleged incidents that are repeated over the years.

With people saying he'll still get suspended. up to 6 games, based on what, since his charges were dismissed ?
I don't know the whole story. Is there other evidence ?
What's the burden of proof for the NFL, and what proof do they have ?

It doesn't matter in the eyes of “The Shield” (tm). Weren't the charges against Ezekiel Elliot also dropped?

The NFLPA isn't going to tolerate a player being suspended when law enforcement has found no substantiation for the claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the move by the Skins. Per another post, I also think it's good that Trent now has someone to deliberate with over the best pot to buy.

It doesn't matter in the eyes of “The Shield” (tm). Weren't the charges against Ezekiel Elliot also dropped?

Optics...he was on video in a dispensary.

Let's hope he doesn't get suspended and being around other ex-Alabama players helps his alleged immaturity and discipline issues

Roll Skins

'With the Foster incident, she has accused him once before, and she is likely to continue to do so until she gets 'justice' (read money). She dropped the charges the first time, but she has accused him again.'

See what I mean!

The NFL want to have their share of 'blood' and will still suspend Foster, even though ALL charges have been dropped (read: made up). If the NFL don't suspend him, how long in to the season will Jay make him sit? Will he even make the final player roster?

He will go the way of Ray rice

I don't think so...it was not nearly as egregious as a sucker punch to her face, and the reports all suggest she was the instigator. Not that she deserved to be pushed down, and kicked. But that was not the same as Ray Rice.

He'll serve a year suspension and play again.

I don't think so...it was not nearly as egregious as a sucker punch to her face, and the reports all suggest she was the instigator. Not that she deserved to be pushed down, and kicked. But that was not the same as Ray Rice.

He'll serve a year suspension and play again.

hevlied about it at first till the video surfaced

Coach Gruden has a mug shot for DUI.
People get killed by drunk drivers.
He has been given a second chance.

Let's see if Foster can make the best of his second chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.