• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What team can we model ourselves after?

Again, to me it's all about getting value.

We have to have guys in the front office and on the coaching staff that are effective - effective in picking the right players, paying them the right salary based on their skills and then the coaches putting them in the best position to win.

In the last number of years we have not done this. There are 4 or 5 organizations in the NFL that have consistently gotten these issues right and they have been rewarded with playoff and Super Bowl appearances.

We pay Josh Norman $18M a year to play CB at a level slightly above league average. He is way overpaid for a zone corner with 4.6 speed and 30 years old.

Meanwhile, the Eagles are able to win the Super Bowl finding Ronald Darby as a mid-range free agent to play CB.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Norman is making more than the entire Eagles secondary from 2017.

On offense, we are paying Jordan Reed as if he is Travis Kelce or Zach Ertz and it's been clear for 2 years he is not.

At 29, it's time to admit the mistake and move on.

Again, funny that the Eagles can have Ertz and Trey Burton when they win the Super Bowl, lose Burton in free agency and come back with Dallas Goedert and not miss a beat.

Here we seem stuck on the same players continually hoping they overcome injuries and inconsistent performances year after year.

Belichick doesn't sit on guys for 2 or 3 years with underwhelming production and keep hoping they come around.

That more than anything else has kept the Redskins back in the Gruden era.

We keep waiting for Jordan Reed to be that 70 catch, 950 yard receiver that he was for ONE season in 2015.

We keep waiting for Chris Thompson to make it through a season playing most of or all of the 16 games with effective performance.

We keep waiting for Josh Norman to get back to his 2015-2016 level even though at 30 it is more likely we are going to see LESS from him in the future.

If you look at players like Shawn Lauvao and Josh Doctson they really don't belong on the field as starters.

These guys at best are backups in the NFL.

Yet we keep bringing them back in prominent roles.

As Doc Walker indicated if the Redskins were interested in running a power rushing scheme they would have found a tight end that could be an effective blocker at the point of attack.

What are we, on Year 3 of the Gruden/Callahan plan to run the power scheme?

It takes 3 years to find a blocking TE in free agency or the draft?

It takes 3 years to find a replacement for Shawn Lauvao?

It seems clear to me that the organization may know what it wants to do but isn't able to effectively execute a plan to get there.

We may not be able to replicate the Patriots 100%, but I certainly would model any future team on Belichek's discipline, and knowledge of the game.

I'll concede this about the hoodie: he does have amazing discipline. He never passes up an opportunity to skirt the rule book if he thinks it will give him a tactical advantage. His commitment to cheating is as impressive as any quality he possesses.

Yep, Belichick is cut-throat.

After winning the Super Bowl he said goodbye to the aging Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis.

Last year after the Super Bowl, Belichick traded Brandin Cooks because he didn't sync well enough with Brady. Cooks, 25, had been brought to NE in a draft day trade of a #1 pick.

Yet he was gone.

Belichick would take one look at guys like Shawn Lauvao, Josh Doctson and Josh Norman and wave goodbye to them.

Yep, Belichick is cut-throat.

After winning the Super Bowl he said goodbye to the aging Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis.

Last year after the Super Bowl, Belichick traded Brandin Cooks because he didn't sync well enough with Brady. Cooks, 25, had been brought to NE in a draft day trade of a #1 pick.

Yet he was gone.

Belichick would take one look at guys like Shawn Lauvao, Josh Doctson and Josh Norman and wave goodbye to them.

Yeah...I think the reluctance to move on from guys who either can't stay on the field or who are consistently underperformers is one of our biggest issues. It's hard to understand. I'd have traded Jordan Reed 2 seasons ago when he still had some value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.