• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

In a few minutes, I will be posting the final two formal entries for this off-season blog.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Thanks a ton, BB.

Take five, and let's get crackin' on the next one. :whip:

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your summer has been a good one. Hello to everyone on social media. We'd love to have you as a member here and become part of the family.

The 2019 off-season is ending. Together, we've gone through minor coaching changes, free agency, OTAs, the draft, rookie camp, mini-camp, training camp, and the preseason. It all culminated with a practice squad and a roster of fifty-three players. This is our final update for the off-season of 2019.

Today, we take a look at the remainder of free agency and the players who were drafted. The new off-season blog will post after the 2019 season is completed.

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until the Regular Season Opener (Eagles): 3
- Days until the Cowboys game: 10
- Days until the Giants game: 24
- Days until the Vikings game: 48

Free Agents Obtained:
Reuben Foster, ILB (Late Season Addition, 2018 – No Suspension, 4/12/19)
Landon Collins, SS (Signed, 3/13/19)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB (Signed, 3/15/19)
Ereck Flowers, OG/OT (Signed, 3/18/19)
Josh Woodrum, QB (Signed, 4/18/19)
Jon Bostic, ILB (Signed, 5/22/19)
Shaun Wilson, RB (Signed, 7/25/19)
Donald Penn, OT (Signed, 7/31/19)
Wendell Smallwood (Waiver Claim, 9/1/19)
Treyvon Hester, DT (Signed, 9/2/19)
Tanner Vallejo, LB (Waiver Claim, 9/2/19)

Drafted Players:
Round One: Dwayne Haskins, QB
Round One: Montez Sweat, OLB
Round Three: Terry McLaurin, WR
Round Four: Bryce Love, RB
Round Four: Wes Martin, OG
Round Five: Ross Pierschbacher, C/OG
Round Five: Cole Holcomb, ILB
Round Six: Kelvin Harmon, WR
Round Seven: Jimmy Moreland, CB
Round Seven: Jordan Brailford, OLB

Practice Squad:
J.P. Holtz, TE
Cam Sims, WR
Timon Parris, OT
Adonis Alexander, CB
Craig Reynolds, RB
Darrell Williams, LB
Jehu Chesson, WR
Jeremy Reaves, FS
Ryan Bee, DE
Chris Odom, OLB

Exercised Option:
Brandon Scherff, OG

Trades:
Case Keenum, QB (3/13/19)

Contract Extensions:
Matt Ioannidis, DT (Signed, 4/18/19)

PUP, NFI, DNR:
Alex Smith, QB
Danny Johnson, CB
Bryce Love, RB (NFI, Will Miss First Six Weeks)
Trent Williams, OT (DNR)

Injured Reserve:
Reuben Foster, ILB
Casey Dunn, C/OG
Jordan Brailford, OLB
Josh Woodrum, QB
Shaun Wilson, RB

Off-Season Updates:
The Redskins cap room currently stands at $4.69M for 2019. Re-signing Brandon Scherff will provide more cap room if and when it happens. Releases and re-structures (if they occur) will also increase the cap room.

We still know absolutely nothing on Alex Smith, but he will obviously not play in 2019. Will he be ready for the 2020 season? Is his career over? Will he retire? Will he give the Redskins any cap relief? No one knows, but we'll stay on top of it.

The Trent Williams is unlikely to be traded and the saga may end next week if he returns as reported.

Bryce Love will miss the first six games of the season, but he continues to work on the sidelines in all practices and walkthroughs.

In Conclusion:
What a ride it has been. The 2019 off-season blog set new records that were achieved just a year ago. We came up a bit short in the number of “likes” and views, but we had a record number of posts and “thanks”. Thanks extend to all of you for making it a record breaking off-season for this blog.

Shortly, a dedication will be posted just as we did last year. It involves all of us. Following that entry, BBQ will start the new in-season blog and the 2019 football season will commence.

Again, thank you so much for your participation in another great off-season blog. It's time for some football!

Riggo,Joe Washington,Harmon

Byner,Riggs,Ervins

Portis,Betts

The 2019 group has the potential to be the best we've had

Let's not forget
George Rogers, Old Riggins
Allen, Davis, Bowie, Mitchell
Morris, Helu, Young

We may have trouble finding WRs but we have a long and glorious history of finding RBs. :)

Brown, Harraway, and whomever.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

A Special Dedication:​

This off-season blog actually started on the final day of 2018. The 2018 season was over and it was time to focus on the upcoming off-season. The holidays were almost over and I was in off-season mode almost immediately. It was time to get the blog posted and operational.

Within the first month of 2019, unfortunate occurrences caught my attention. Several Redskins fans on social media had lost loved ones and a couple of fans had lost beloved family pets. What a rotten start to the year for these people - people that I know and talk with on social media. I felt bad for them and powerless to help each of these friends in any way possible.

In early February, my beloved pet – a feisty Bengal cat named Ricky started to experience some issues and his problems were just beginning. I was concerned and very worried for my beloved family member. Bengal cats are said to form very strong bonds with their pet parent(s), but Ricky took it to a whole new level over the years. Many people got to know him on Facebook and catch a glimpse of his dynamic personality.

A quick aside – this is not a dedication to Ricky.

In February and March, I noticed that more Redskins fans had experienced losses – parents, two spouses, family members, neighbors, friends, and a substantial number of family pets. The numbers were astonishing.

I lost my beloved Ricky in early April and was inconsolable for many weeks. It still affects me greatly. Then, without warning, I lost a close friend a few weeks ago. He lived in Wisconsin at the time and his loss was completely unexpected.

None of this is easy to talk about, but these harsh realities come at you fast, it seems, when it does occur. It's very difficult when multiple losses occur over a small period of time. We must cope and deal with it accordingly.

If life is providing you with serious challenges and you find it to be overwhelming, please consider getting some help. There is no shame in doing so.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
National Grief-Share Hotline: 1-800-395-5755
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
United States Missing Children Hotline: 1-800-235-3535
National Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990
National Veterans Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
National Alcohol and Drug Helpline: 1-800-821-4357
National Alliance on Mental Illness Hotline: 1-800-950-6264
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Hotline: 1-800-662-4357
StrongHearts Native Hotline (For Native Americans): 1-844-762-8483

In recent years, many of us have lost loved ones and precious pets. I've shared your grief. You have shared in my grief. From the loss of my favorite uncle two years ago to the loss of my friend in Wisconsin, your words of support and encouragement have lifted my spirits. We've been through a lot together, including the sudden loss of Arthur “Haphazard” Haszard last year.

The off-season blog this year is dedicated to the memory of the many souls that we have lost during this young millennium. Beloved family members. Beloved friends. Beloved family member pets. Our grief never ends, but the support for one another will only grow stronger. We're FAMILY.

A new football season is here after a long wait. This is the final formal entry for this blog. The new in-season blog will be posted shortly. Thanks for always making the off-season blog so successful. For better or for worse, we are in this together. Love you, my wonderful BGO family.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019 is fondly dedicated to the memory of our loved ones that we have lost during the last two decades. We will never forget the love and happiness they brought to our lives.

Last edited:

What an awesome sentiment Brother BB :cheers:

Thanks for another great year of Skins roster coverage... you are the best there is at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awesome sentiment Brother BB :cheers:

Thanks for another great year of Skins roster coverage... you are the best there is at it!

Thank you for the kind words. I just made a small change due to leaving out a key word.

I spent about two months on this dedication. It has provided me with a bit of healing and therapy.

Hat tip to Mr BB!

Community service comes in many forms. You have found both your community and a service you are quite adept at.

Thanks for making our lives a little better informed, a little bit more fun. As the saying goes -> every little bit counts!

honestly I cannot believe the care wreck that this team has been when it comes to chemistry. as much as I love this team, sometimes its almost embarrassing to be a skins fan

Sometimes?!!!!!

Never!!!!!

Ok, so the Giants defense is as bad as the Redskins if not worse.

But at 0-2 and without Barkley the Giants started Jones and he threw for 336 yards and 2 touchdowns with another 2 TDs rushing.

Evidently Shurmur's playbook is flexible enough to allow a rookie to get on the field and impact the game.

I am sure things were shortened up and condensed for Jones but the offense didn't appear to suffer for it.

We know this wouldn't happen here because Gruden's offense is far too complex and nuanced to allow a rookie to play unless forced by injuries 😵

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.