• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Skins reportedly are going to sign an AAF OLB/DE named Andrew Ankrah.

Points well taken Boone.

I keep to my general preference to build from the inside out - that's the starting point for me. Second o bjective is to build a dominant defense by drafting an edge rusher in the first round of a draft considered unique for this class of player. Third objective is a top wr and/or TE in the second round. Get the OG/OT in the third round. Draft a quality backup QB in the 3rd or 4th round (tradedown booty). RGIII wasn't a reach...but he certainly didn't benefit from a strong O-line. The current O-line needs some upgrading - don't make the same mistake we have made more than once before!

RGIII wasn't a reach...but he certainly didn't benefit from a strong O-line. The current O-line needs some upgrading - don't make the same mistake we have made more than once before!

I hear this being thrown around often as if it were fact, it is not...that OL were extremely good in the run game, and if Griffin didn't panic in the pocket every time there was pressure instead of simply stepping up in the pocket, there would have been far less sacks.

When Kirk Cousins was behind that OL, there were far fewer sacks.

That OL had their troubles in pass pro, it was NOT a dominant line protecting the QB, but I would wager 75% of the sacks/pressures that Griffin took were because he has no pocket awareness. And if you saw him in the pre-season last year in Baltimore, you'd see the same thing. I am flabbergasted the Ravens brought him back for another season.

I hear this being thrown around often as if it were fact, it is not...that OL were extremely good in the run game, and if Griffin didn't panic in the pocket every time there was pressure instead of simply stepping up in the pocket, there would have been far less sacks.

When Kirk Cousins was behind that OL, there were far fewer sacks.

That OL had their troubles in pass pro, it was NOT a dominant line protecting the QB, but I would wager 75% of the sacks/pressures that Griffin took were because he has no pocket awareness. And if you saw him in the pre-season last year in Baltimore, you'd see the same thing. I am flabbergasted the Ravens brought him back for another season.

Not one for raising sunk ships...but there is more to it. Did RGIII hang on to the ball too long (derivative of his issues reasding defenses)? Yup. Did this create many of his problems? Yup. Did he have sliding issues? Yup. Did he isolate himself from teammates? Yup.

But I know what I saw. That o-line was weak at pass pro. Had been for a long time. Tyler Polumbus? Will Montgomery? Williams was good...but the rest? eh. Pass pro has been a prob for this team going back years way before Griffin.

Doesn't matter at this point. We just had two QBs clobbered. I know what I have seen year in and year out. RT has been weak, the center of the pocket gets collapsed, the LG position has been an open wound. Williams is hurt a lot. The o-line needs to be repaired and restored.

Love Griffin. Hate him. Water uncer the proverbial bridge. The issue is the o-line. It's can't stay healthy; it has been weak at preecisely the run game; it has consistently lacked quality depth. It needs some rebuilding! And that's what I'ld like to see before spending more capital on a QB.

They ran a different offense for Cousins than the one the Shanhans implemented for Griffin.

Not one for raising sunk ships...but there is more to it. Did RGIII hang on to the ball too long (derivative of his issues reasding defenses)? Yup. Did this create many of his problems? Yup. Did he have sliding issues? Yup. Did he isolate himself from teammates? Yup.

But I know what I saw. That o-line was weak at pass pro. Had been for a long time. Tyler Polumbus? Will Montgomery? Williams was good...but the rest? eh. Pass pro has been a prob for this team going back years way before Griffin.

Doesn't matter at this point. We just had two QBs clobbered. I know what I have seen year in and year out. RT has been weak, the center of the pocket gets collapsed, the LG position has been an open wound. Williams is hurt a lot. The o-line needs to be repaired and restored.

Love Griffin. Hate him. Water uncer the proverbial bridge. The issue is the o-line. It's can't stay healthy; it has been weak at preecisely the run game; it has consistently lacked quality depth. It needs some rebuilding! And that's what I'ld like to see before spending more capital on a QB.

They ran a different offense for Cousins than the one the Shanhans implemented for Griffin.

I agree with your assertion to build the team, then put a QB in place...Seattle is a prima example of that process. I would like to see OL with at least 1 of the 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.

And while I am not saying TurnsTyler Polumbus was good, he was a grinder in the run...and was victim of his own lack of pass pro talent coupled with a terrible QB. When Griffin was healthy enough to run for 800 yards during his 1st season, the pass pro was not much of a problem. Teams were forced to be honest.

It wasn't til the following year that the OL was exposed because of Griffin's lack of pocket awareness, and stupidity, and we learned it wasn't quite as bad as we thought it was...that same Tyler Polumbus who went on to help the Broncos win a Super Bowl.

OMG no! I do not want that kid behind center in DC!!!!

OMG no! I do not want that kid behind center in DC!!!!

Why not El?

I'm with team El here. Dude has a Jason Campbell like windup, with less arm strength.

Guys! He is friends with Snyder's kid! Doesn't that count for anything anymore?? :betterwink2:

Why not El?

He's over rated. He put up stats in a weak Big 10. Reminds me of Jason Campbell, but maybe a little smarter.

Coincidentally, I was about to post and saw Win with the same comparison.

I don't get the sense they really have the hots for him. I have heard the rumors that Doug Williams likes him, but that may just be a him promoting another black QB which would certainly be understandable. I think they REALLY like Drew Lock and after him, like Daniel Jones a lot. I still have a feeling they may get Rosen (and for a lot less than anyone is predicting).

Lying Season is well underway. We'll see if BruDan falls for any of it.

Last edited:

I do think it's quite odd that the Redskins never held a 'welcome' presser for Keenum despite doing one for Landon Collins. That could potentially be explained as not wanting to send a signal to Alex Smith that we just signed his 'successor'. But it's definitely not the norm and could have other meanings. I'm more and more convinced that we should low ball the Cardinals and stick to the low ball. I think they'll fold in the end. And if they don't - **** it, we can draft someone or we could even roll with Keenum who is a quality QB.

I'll say it even if no one else will. Picking up Keenum for chump change was a genius move that could save us a ton of draft capital and give us the upper hand in terms of leverage if the Cardinals are looking to dump Rosen.

Big kid,
6'5" & 310. It seems like his draft profile contradicts his strengths vs weaknesses. Still intrigued what Callahan can get out of him, along with Trent tutoring. Low risk high reward signing imho.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/salesi-uhatafe?id=32462018-0002-5600-77f0-5fec49ea9ef1

They've been signing a lot of big o-line types.

Perhaps in lieu of drafting the same? Or depth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.