• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Expect a work stoppage next year. The new CBA is going to be quite a battle. One thing is certain. Money from the new media deals is going to be insane. This will obviously drive salaries though the roof. It could approach basketball salaries.

Not sure I'd hang around for another work stoppage to be over. Timing could not be worse. Despite all the money the NFL is currently making, they're ignoring a huge storm could on the horizon - the sport's waning popularity with the next generation.

Damn this kid always says all the right things. Very easy root for....so far

Not sure I'd hang around for another work stoppage to be over. Timing could not be worse. Despite all the money the NFL is currently making, they're ignoring a huge storm could on the horizon - the sport's waning popularity with the next generation.

They've got to address and fix the kneeling. Everything more or less falls into place after that.

I don't think that stuff helped. There is a segment of sports fans who feel so strongly about that, they have walked away from the NFL. The spate of domestic violence issues has also alienated some fans, as has the increase in injuries and the whole CTE issue. But I think the long-term impact of those things is overblown a little.

What looms ahead is an entire adult population that may have a lot less affinity for football than previous generations.

The NFL would be crazy to allow a work stoppage at a time when hardcore viewership is already declining - regardless of how profitable the league still is. Doesn't mean it won't happen.

I believe the players demands will be off the charts. They signed a bad deal last time. But they're not gonna get it ALL back, and then some. Which will be their goal.

The owners are a bunch of rich pricks, granted. But at the end of the day, they are the employer.
While it's nice to have the top athletes to root for, anyone in the uniform gets my support.

So, as usual, I'll enter any work stoppage with the attitude of, **** the players.
With the right to change my mind as circumstances warrant.

I don't think that stuff helped. There is a segment of sports fans who feel so strongly about that, they have walked away from the NFL. The spate of domestic violence issues has also alienated some fans, as has the increase in injuries and the whole CTE issue. But I think the long-term impact of those things is overblown a little.

What looms ahead is an entire adult population that may have a lot less affinity for football than previous generations.

The NFL would be crazy to allow a work stoppage at a time when hardcore viewership is already declining - regardless of how profitable the league still is. Doesn't mean it won't happen.

My son switched from football to basketball a few years ago. He said he was getting too many headaches.

I talked to one of his old football coaches the other day. The youth league is having trouble fielding teams. Most teams can't get 11 players anymore, let alone the 16-20 they used to get.

Granted, northern VA isn't exactly Texas or PA when it comes to youth football, but it's dying here. John is right. If the NFL isn't careful the pipeline is going to dry up.

I completely agree. A work stoppage could be disastrous. The NFL may think it's invincible, but it's not. It's showing signs of cracking. Some signs are completely of their own doing. Some are exaggerated by those that don't like football. But it doesn't matter where it's coming from, football is slowly bleeding out. A work stoppage might be a gash in that process they can't recover from.

I think the NFL is about where MLB was in the early 90s. That strike was devastating to the sport. It's had some good moments and good years since they returned, but it never reclaimed it's spot at the top like it used to be. The NFL could be heading down that same road if they have a long work stoppage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montez Sweat contract done.

Montez Sweat contract done.

I would line him up at TE on redzone plays. I see no reason why he cannot become a 2 way threat with his speed and height .

Last edited:

Reuben Foster surgery

Reports are that my choice for comeback player of the year is pushing to be that guy. Cam Simms is getting some press.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.