• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

This video makes Rosen look better much better than the one I posted the other day. With the new evidence combined w/ cyber-bullying from Boone, I would now endorse a 3rd to the cards for him.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

I can be an asshole. Guilty as charged. We're talking the Redskins here - so I have no doubt that, even though I would love to see it happen, we won't end up with Rosen.

I can be an asshole. Guilty as charged. We're talking the Redskins here - so I have no doubt that, even though I would love to see it happen, we won't end up with Rosen.

Never! You're like the rest of us: you have your opinions, reasons for your opinions, and you stick by them! Just like the rest of us.

Mutual respect!

That's exactly why we we love ya Boone. Hell we all are after rooting for this f'n team with one thing or another destroying the season eventually.

As for Rosen if Bruce can somehow Forrest Gump his way into a 3rd or later deal my hats off to him. Using that 1st rounder on one of those supersonic lb's sounds pretty intriguing. Or Hockenson, or anything we sorely need. Like you I'm not holding my breath though

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Free Agency arrives one week from today and it will be here in an instant. This is our latest free agency update for the 2019 offseason and it comes after a brief hiatus. We're starting to get better ideas about the Redskins and what they will do next Wednesday and beyond.

As the sun rises on free agency, things will become much clearer. Will Alex Smith ever return from a brutal injury? What kind of changes will we see to the roster? Those are the biggest questions to be answered in the 2019 off-season.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:

Restricted Free Agents:

Byron Marshall, RB
Maurice Harris, WR
Rob Kelley, RB

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:

Exercised Option:

Brandon Scherff, OG

Trades:

Contract Extensions:

Pending Unrestricted Free Agents:

Ty Nsekhe, OT (Unknown)
Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, FS (Possibly Returns)
Pernell McPhee, OLB (Possibly Returns)
Shawn Lauvao, OG (Unkown)
Preston Smith, OLB (Goodbye)
Adrian Peterson, RB (Very Likely Returns)
Mark Sanchez, QB (Very Likely Walks)
Josh Johnson, QB (Unknown)
Austin Howard, OT (Very Likely Walks)
Tony Bergstrom, OG/C (Unknown)
Luke Bowanko, C/OG (Very Likely Walks)
Michael Floyd, WR (Very Likely Walks)
Jamison Crowder, WR (Unknown)
Marquis Flowers, ILB (Very Likely Walks)
Zach Kerin, OG (Very Likely Walks)
Arie Kouandjio, OG (Unknown)
ZachVigil, ILB (Possibly Returns)

Possible Release Candidates:

Alex Smith, QB (Very Likely To IR)
Josh Norman, CB (Likely Returns, Re-structure Contract?, Pay Cut?)
Vernon Davis, TE (Very Likely Released)
Stacy McGee, DT (Very Likely Released)
Jordan Reed, TE (Likely Returns)
Zach Brown, ILB (Very Likely Released)
Samaje Perine, RB (Unknown, Trade?)
Colt McCoy, QB (Likely Returns)
Troy Apke, FS (Likely Returns)

Re-structure Contract Candidates:

Alex Smith, QB
Jordan Reed, TE
Josh Norman, CB

2019 Dead Money Contracts:

DJ Swearinger ($1.33M)
Orlando Scandrick ($500K)

Off-Season Updates:

Landon Collins to the Redskins is very likely to happen, but it is not a 100% guarantee.

The Josh Rosen trade to the Redskins is probably a thing, but there is no guarantee this happens either. Alex Smith would be the perfect mentor and would help Rosen to learn the system.

The current Redskins cap room stands at $16.97M for 2019. The NFL cap for this year is $188.2M. Re-signing Brandon Scherff will provide more cap room. Releases and re-structures will also increase the cap room.

If Josh Norman is released, he would count $3M in dead money for 2019. Cutting him would save $11.5M. Overall savings would be $8.5M.

We know absolutely nothing on Alex Smith, but he will obviously not return in 2019. Will he be ready for the 2020 season? Is his career over? Will he retire? Will he give the Redskins any cap relief? No one knows, but we'll stay on top of it.

Redskins beat reporter John Keim of ESPN believes the team will not re-sign Preston Smith and Jamison Crowder. Preston Smith is gone. Crowder is still an unknown, but there is a chance that he is gone.

Personal Thoughts:

Players I believe that will not return include Zach Brown, Vernon Davis, Samaje Perine, Stacy McGee, Michael Floyd, Mark Sanchez, Austin Howard, Preston Smith, and Luke Bowanko.

I believe it would be a mistake to not re-sign Jamison Crowder. He is a good, reliable receiver and his contract would be very reasonable.

Letting Preston Smith walk is the right thing to do. He will be way too expensive, but Smith should bring the Redskins a third round compensatory pick in the 2020 draft.

Here is a list of players that I would like for the Redskins to consider in free agency. Not all of them can be signed, but these are a few I like.
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, New Orleans
Tevin Coleman, RB, Atlanta
Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans
Duke Johnson, RB, Cleveland (if released)
Tyrell Williams, WR, Los Angeles Chargers
Bud Dupree, OLB, Pittsburgh (likely to be released)
Shane Ray, OLB, Denver
Landon Collins, SS/FS, New York Giants (the big splash) – hitting free agency after not being franchised.

In Conclusion:

The free agency updates are starting to increase significantly. We'll have regular updates and post information as it becomes available. A new mock is coming Friday.

.@AlbertBreer on #Redskins WR Jamison Crowder: "Based on what I've heard he's turned down, it wouldn't shock me to see him land somewhere between $8 million and $10 million per."

Crowder has been a fairly valuable player in Washington. That said, you can't tell me that you can't replace his production with a cheaper, more affordable option. He's most certainly not an irreplaceable player, and in what is likely going to be a transition year for the Redskins, not a player that you need to keep at all costs. He'll do well elsewhere, especially if he goes to a successful team. I just don't see how you justify that price tag based on our current cap situation. This is where you have to shake hands, wave your goodbyes, and trust your scouting department.

Never! You're like the rest of us: you have your opinions, reasons for your opinions, and you stick by them! Just like the rest of us.

Mutual respect!

Boone? He is correct, assho...er...umm...never mind! Boone is my buddy!

Last edited:

.@AlbertBreer on #Redskins WR Jamison Crowder: "Based on what I've heard he's turned down, it wouldn't shock me to see him land somewhere between $8 million and $10 million per."

Crowder has been a fairly valuable player in Washington. That said, you can't tell me that you can't replace his production with a cheaper, more affordable option. He's most certainly not an irreplaceable player, and in what is likely going to be a transition year for the Redskins, not a player that you need to keep at all costs. He'll do well elsewhere, especially if he goes to a successful team. I just don't see how you justify that price tag based on our current cap situation. This is where you have to shake hands, wave your goodbyes, and trust your scouting department.

I think Quinn can replace him. We'll see if he can come back from injury and be productive, but I saw him replacing Crowder in the slot last year.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The East-West Shrine game took place last weekend and Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, college pro days, private workouts, and team visits will commence very soon. The Redskins will visit with many players and the process of preparing a draft board is going to be intensive.

BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:

East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri – EW
David Blough, QB, Purdue – EW
Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota
Jon Duhart, WR, Old Dominion – EW
Chuma Edoga, OT, Southern Cal – SB
Jordan Ellis, RB, Virginia – EW
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St. – SB, NFLC
Cody Ford, OG/OT, Oklahoma – NFLC
Jack Fox, P, Rice – EW
Carl Granderson, DE/OLB, Wyoming – SB
Will Grier, QB, West Virginia – SB, NFLC
Darrin Hall, RB, Pittsburgh – EW
Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina St. – NFLC
Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo – EW
Jesper Horsted, WR, Princeton – EW
Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St. – SB
Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo – SB
KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State – EW
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke – SB, NFLC
Nick Linder, C, Indiana – EW
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri – SB
DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Mississippi – EW
Trace McSorley, QB, Penn St. – SB
Gardner Minshew, QB, Washington St. – SB
Foster Moreau, TE, LSU – SB
Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Chris Peace, LB, Virginia – EW
Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas St. – SB
Dru Samia, OG, Oklahoma – SB
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina – NFLC
David Sills, WR, West Virginia – SB
Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse – EW
Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville – SB
Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn – SB, NFLC
Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU – EW
Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida – NFLC
Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo – EW
Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern – SB
Tre Watson, LB, Maryland – EW
Trevon Wesco, TE/FB, West Virginia – SB
Kevin Wilkins, DT, Rutgers – EW
Preston Williams, WR, Colorado St. – TPD
Renell Wren, DT, Arizona St. – SB
Terry Wright, WR, Purdue – EW
Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple – SB

Team Pro Days Attended:

Colorado, Colorado St.

In Conclusion:

There is your latest prospects update for the 2019 off-season. This list will be updated and posted as information becomes available.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So Keenum gets bump from $7 million to $7.5 million. Broncos save $3 million of $7 million guarantee they owed him, plus move up a round. Washington gets experienced starting QB to compete with Colt McCoy for QB job. Deal official Wednesday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#9sports</a></p>— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1103789039474270208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos have trade parameters with Washington for QB Case Keenum: Broncos get WAS 6th in 2020, WAS gets Broncos 7th in '20, per source. Keenum's contract reworked. Broncos pay him $500K restructure bonus and pay $3.5 million of his $7M salary. Washington pays $3.5 mi. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#9sports</a></p>— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1103788704475181056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The trade for Rosen is not dead, imho. Nor is the idea of drafting one of the top QBs.

One thing I do know - posting today's free agency update before the Keenum trade was meant to be.

For starters, Keenum is a better QB than Colt is. His career completion % is 62%, several points higher than Colt's, he has thrown many more TDs than INTs in his career, while Colt's numbers are nearly equal. And he's shown he can play full seasons, something Colt is incapable of doing.

A lot of noise on Twitter that the Skins may intend to package Keenum in a trade for Rosen as a backup. No idea if that's just wishful thinking, or if our Front Office is more clever than we give them credit for.

Even if they don't, we got a slight upgrade at QB, and we damn near made Denver pay US to take him off their hands.

F*** it, alex is done, is what it is, Colt is not going to last a season. I'm actually more pleased with this cuz we traded s*** picks to have someone who might stay HEALTHY during the transition. I still expect a Rypien developmental pick to grab him. Seriously were f*****, grab a qb Gruden can make another Cousins out of til the future arrives. I'm all in, plus I had Vodka. SO is responsible for this post and all of rambling. HTTR

I would prefer Rosen but...how funny would it be if the Redskins made it to the playoffs with Keenum before Minnesota and Kurt Cousins did?

Just like I thought. The Rosen thing is still alive and well.

Keenum reportedly wanted to go to Arizona. Hmmm?

The acquisition of Keenum might actually point to the fact that the front office for once is being realistic about the roster and realizing that 2019 is likely a transitional year in Washington. In that regard, this move for Keenum for next to nothing is refreshing.

As for Keenum being dangled for a possible Rosen move, I just don't see it happening. If Arizona was intrigued to have Keenum on board to possibly back up Kyler Murray down the road, why wouldn't they have dealt with the Broncos directly themselves?

Last edited:

For 3.5 million we just got our backup QB. How long do we have him? I don't care, we got a QB who can start when needed.

Looks like we're still in the Rosen talks, so I am fine with this. We could use at least 2 new QB's. I am also all in on Rypien, and if he's not there...maybe McSorley or Easton Stick as a 3rd option. I don't care if none of them are "familiar with the offense"...we need 3 QB's and this would be ideal to me...provided we do not spend too much on Rosen.

If Rosen is not there? Go ahead with the Rypien plans with a contingency plan for another young QB while Keenum gets one more season to prove himself...then go all in for Tua or Trevor Lawrence. Who knows, maybe Arizona will get the 1st pick in the draft again and want to trade Kyler Murray for one of those guys. :laugh:

This would be a preemptive move by the Redskins - if a trade for Rosen could still happen. Thinking Samaje Perine could be a part of that deal as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.