• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Could you imagine getting Tre Boston, a FS that's 26 joining us. Not sure about our cap space but pairing him up with Collins, DRC, Norman, Dunbar & Stroman sounds good to me.

Would much rather have Boston than DRC.
DRC is old enough to retire, and has never played safety, and was recently waived.
Too much mileage.

However, there must be a downside to Boston, or else, why is he still available ?

With the reminder that Greenberg is wrong a lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

The 2019 off-season enters the next phase soon – a new spike in the free agent market as some veterans are released and the compensatory formula no longer applies after May 7. BBQ will cover it all and update this continuing blog as needed.

Today we bring you the first 2020 mock and while it is way too early to focus on team needs, we attempt to anticipate how the 2020 draft could unfold. BBQ will have a 2020 mock when the bye week arrives this coming season. The 2020 mocks will resume next winter following the conclusion of the 2019 season.

Trying to anticipate what the team needs for 2020 this far in advance may seem like an exercise in futility, but we tend to look at expiring contracts, bloated contracts, and possible team needs. It will be difficult and very challenging, but it is a task that we embrace.

Without any further delays, let's take our first look at 2020 with this mock.

Round One: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri

Round Two: No Pick

Round Three: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

Round Four: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

Round Four (Comp Pick): David Dowell, FS, Michigan St.

Round Five: Rashard Lawrence, DE, LSU

Round Six: No Pick

Round Seven: Keisean Lucier-South, Edge/OLB, UCLA

Round Seven: Colton Prater, OG, Texas A&M

In Conclusion

There is your first mock for 2020. Again, the second 2020 mock will post this fall during the bye week. BBQ has a lot more coming in the days and weeks ahead.

With the reminder that Greenberg is wrong a lot...

My stupid computer won't connect to the link.

That's the last pick I'd expect someone to make their favorite in the round, considering that everyone acted like they never heard of the guy.
Well, maybe that's what made the pick so great. That the Skins were the only ones to know how good he was.

BB, when does your annual game-by-game predictions come out ?
I just wanna know that you're gonna give us a better outlook than the 3-13 that you predicted last year :)

That's the last pick I'd expect someone to make their favorite in the round, considering that everyone acted like they never heard of the guy.
Well, maybe that's what made the pick so great. That the Skins were the only ones to know how good he was.

BB, when does your annual game-by-game predictions come out ?
I just wanna know that you're gonna give us a better outlook than the 3-13 that you predicted last year :)

Had the exact same reaction... guess we have to assume he thinks he is a hidden gem of major proportions. We had a number of picks I could see someone choosing as a favorite :)

In re next draft, unpopular as it might be, I'ld like to see Haskins on the field playing as much as possible. We need to know before the next draft whether he is "the guy". Too many good QBs in the next draft to not know.

And half of those "good QB's", will bust too. It's a 50/50 proposition. Regardless of the pool.

Now, I hope Haskins shows so well in OTA's, minicamp, training camp, and the preseason, that it's clear he's ready.
But there is no reason to rush him if he's not.

Certainly not for a pie in the sky. Or Ferry dust on a Unicorn's horn.

In re next draft, unpopular as it might be, I'ld like to see Haskins on the field playing as much as possible. We need to know before the next draft whether he is "the guy". Too many good QBs in the next draft to not know.

Like whom?

Heard on the radio a stat about the 2016 draft and the first round.

If you consider picking up the fifth year option as a measure of success,only 16 out of the 31 players drafted had their option picked up.
That's roughly 55% of the players drafted in that round and at first blush, everyone thinks they made a good pick in that round after the draft.

It just illustrates how big a crap shoot the draft is that much more.

That being said...Man...I hope we hit on that Qb.........cause odds are, either Haskins or Sweat won't live up to their draft slot.

Like whom?

Like Tua! Like the Clemson QB if he declares! Like the Oregon QB!

Not betting against Haskins. Just thinking out loud that if, as many have argued, you go with today's opportunities and not tomorrow's, then we need to determine if Haskins is the guy - so that when tomorrow becomes today the best decisions can be made.

Like Tua! Like the Clemson QB if he declares! Like the Oregon QB!

Not betting against Haskins. Just thinking out loud that if, as many have argued, you go with today's opportunities and not tomorrow's, then we need to determine if Haskins is the guy - so that when tomorrow becomes today the best decisions can be made.

I like Tua a lot! That kid has grit, he's smart, has a rocket for an arm, and is accurate...not to mention he wins! However, the rub on him is very similar to the rub on Griffin, he tries too hard to make things happen and tends to make mistakes. I think he is #1 overall next year unless something drastic happens.

Trevor Lawrence is going to be the real deal. Kid could be another Peyton Manning. I see no flaws in that dude's game, however, he is not eligible for the draft after this season according to what I've been told.

Hebert? He fell off the cliff...not sure why, but he does not garner the hype he did at the beginning of the 18 season. We'll see how his final college season goes.

Other than those 3, there really is a big fall off in talent, even though someone will likely step up.

I like Tua a lot! That kid has grit, he's smart, has a rocket for an arm, and is accurate...not to mention he wins! However, the rub on him is very similar to the rub on Griffin, he tries too hard to make things happen and tends to make mistakes. I think he is #1 overall next year unless something drastic happens.

Trevor Lawrence is going to be the real deal. Kid could be another Peyton Manning. I see no flaws in that dude's game, however, he is not eligible for the draft after this season according to what I've been told.

Hebert? He fell off the cliff...not sure why, but he does not garner the hype he did at the beginning of the 18 season. We'll see how his final college season goes.

Other than those 3, there really is a big fall off in talent, even though someone will likely step up.

Well, let's hope Haskins matures quickly as well as progresses to the demands of "the next level." The Skins are getting ranked for high draft position next draft, IMO, because the offensive line remains a big question mark: two tackles who are injured all too often, uncertainty at LG, unknown improvements to depth at this point, the two draftees are characterized as physically strong but not terribly athletic. As for defense, while Collins improves things, the secondary remains a question mark.

Obviously, we won't know until folks are on the field and playing the Iggles.

Was it a good draft? Yes. Are we headed in the right direction? Yes. Should we feel better about things? Yes. Should Brudan be left off the hook? NO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.