• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Let's not start the ridiculous blame game. There will be plenty of assholes on Twitter who will do that for us :) They're outside. Sometimes grass has dew on it. For God's sake - are we going to criticize the team because they don't have 'field blowers' to make sure the grass outside is 100% without moisture before practices now?

I love you Fear - but please...

Don't they have tarps they can put on the field prior to practice to preserve it ?
It almost seems inexcusable, with the amount of money that have to invest in these things.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Per Gruden just now, Foster stepped on Tyler Catalina's foot. That caused the injury. Redskins have the worst foot placement recognition program in the NFL.

Per Gruden just now, Foster stepped on Tyler Catalina's foot. That caused the injury. Redskins have the worst foot placement recognition program in the NFL.

Maybe Josh Norman is onto something with his Dancing With The Stars offseason regimen.

If Dan Snyder was taller, Tyler Catalina would have never been on the field.

I don't ask much. But I do hate that we can't even get out of the first session of the first OTA without losing a probable starter for the year.

Don't they have tarps they can put on the field prior to practice to preserve it ?
It almost seems inexcusable, with the amount of money that have to invest in these things.

It's ****ing football brother. He stepped on another player's foot.

It's ****ing football brother. He stepped on another player's foot.

Yea, we can reassure ourselves that this particular case was a "freak" thing. But it doesn't speak to the entire picture, or resolve it.
The problem still lingers and still remains, and therefore still a threat to continue our injury woes.
It's not just one outsider, but it's been repeatedly reported that both our game field and our multiple practice fields, as well as our 'training facilities', are lacking, and inferior compared to the rest of the league.
At some point, you have to consider that maybe there's some validity to it.
And how about the 2nd part of the Outsider's observation "Chris Thompson was making his way through the hole and wiped out, no contact. Had nothing but space and opportunity ". That seems to be pretty cut & dry. No pun intended.
And with those repeated reports, and repeated injury history, I'm not sure how it can be so shocking to see a fan reaction of disbelief such as mine.

Last edited:

I still say we sacrifice Vinny on the 50 to rid our team of bad juju.

Absolutely ridiculous take. Like I said, I love ya. But if you're going to continue to double down, I'm going to double down too.

Sorry - but it's athletics. I played competitive sports. When I got hurt, I recognized that it was just an unfortunate occurrence. Sometimes due to over-training. Sometimes just bad luck. But I don't ever recall thinking the facilities or training staff were to blame. Only in DC do fans want to blame this kind of injury on the franchise and support staff. It's really misguided and unfortunate.

It happens on every team in the league - but lets pretend it doesn't.

There are a lot of issues at play. It's not just one. And I understand this happens in the sport. So some of this is non-preventable. So I realize there's no guarantees or fool-proof way to prevent them all. So I will be more specific. Field conditions.
That part is a preventable aspect. And from all kinds of observations, both fan and professional, there is strong indications that our fields are not properly groomed, to make injuries as preventable as possible.
Instead of responding to injuries with "Stuff happens", how about "What CAN we do proactively to make it as preventable as possible ?" So, even if I'm wrong about the field conditions, you still have to ask that last question.

Last edited:

Dumb question here but do the Redskins have the same shoes/cleats as all the other teams? Seems our guys are either slipping into injuries or their shoes catch the ground awkwardly.

Another thing I would do is re-evaluate whose ever job it is to test & observe the field, then recommends spike size for the teams shoes. Our turf consigliere is a gnats plant or a turd fan maybe.

I don't think this would happen, but it is interesting.

There are a lot of issues at play. It's not just one. And I understand this happens in the sport. So some of this is non-preventable. So I realize there's no guarantees or fool-proof way to prevent them all. So I will be more specific. Field conditions.
That part is a preventable aspect. And from all kinds of observations, both fan and professional, there is strong indications that our fields are not properly groomed, to make injuries as preventable as possible.
Instead of responding to injuries with "Stuff happens", how about "What CAN we do proactively to make it as preventable as possible ?" So, even if I'm wrong about the field conditions, you still have to ask that last question.

I deleted that post- because, after a few minutes, felt it was more aggressive than necessary, and because convincing anyone that any bad news is not the direct fault of the organization is pointless.

They're playing football. Outside. On grass. Shit happens.

And yeah, it's that complicated.

Injuries happen in football. In Pop Warner leagues. In High School football. At the college level. And obviously, in the NFL and other pro leagues.

I know we've had more than our share. I get it.

But it's irresponsible to blame the Redskins staff for this kind of thing. There are real people in those jobs guys. They do everything they can to prevent injuries - I'm sure of it.

Please stop.

So his career is essentially done, is what they're speculating.

Sounds bad, to be sure. Redskins are not a lucky franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible artery damage. Pretty sure that is very devastating.

I sometimes wonder how these dudes play real games woithout much knee padding or shoulder protection - i.e., receivers. Interested in learning if Ruben was taped up. We now know injury can happen at any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.