• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

AJ Green is almost 34.

Where does he fit in here?

If the Redskins were one player away from contender status you might roll the dice but he's not a good option for us.

He will only be 31 this coming July, but I agree with everything else you've said. I think his best days are behind him and would not give away any real value for him. I might trade a 4th, probably a 5th...that's it.

I'd still rather have Ross if we're trading for anyone.

I think Golden Tate offers just as much if we could get him at value.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Golden Tate is another argument.

He has never really been a true lead receiver.

In Seattle Baldwin ended up being the primary focus and Tate produced when facing second and third corners.

At 30 Tate would be great on a team like New England or LA where he would be another tool in the toolbox.

We need a lead receiver.

Someone to set the table for Trey Quinn as the slot guy and others like Reed who can operate in space over the middle.

Golden Tate is another argument.

He has never really been a true lead receiver.

Bulldog, sometimes you throw out comments that have me scratching my head...earlier it was Green is 34, now Tate is not a #1 WR. With the retirement of Megatron in Detroit, Tate went to them and became their #1 WR with over 90 catches all 4 season with Detroit. In Seattle in that 4 year stretch while Tate was averaging 96 catches a season, Baldwin did not have more receptions in a single season than Tate did.

Philly did nothing to utilize him similarly, and he only had 30 reception in the 2nd half of the season when he had 44 with Detroit in the 1st 7 games. That is only 30 receptions in 8 games on a new team, with a new scheme.

My only problem with Tate is why did Patricia trade such a productive player?

Last edited:

Tate intrigues me and Green probably has three years left, maybe four. A contract for Green is what concerns me - can't break the bank here. Perhaps Eric can structure a two year practical deal that looks like a four year mega deal - that would be ideal. If you get him, then I would also get Tate. Add Deebo Samuel or a J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, maybe both, and that would settle things once and for all at WR.

Still waiting on what could happen with Josh Rosen. I went on the Riggo's Rag podcast last week and mentioned that the Redskins should be patient in the opening days of FA with the Rosen situation. That appears to be happening and we may not see a trade until the first night of the draft or just prior to it.

Back to receiver - if we don't add one in the coming days, my thinking is that we add two in the draft and a tight end.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The East-West Shrine occurred several weeks ago and the Senior Bowl followed. The NFL Combine is history and teams are now focused on college pro days, private workouts, and team visits. The Redskins will visit with many players and the process of preparing a draft board is going to be intensive.

BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:

East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri – EW
David Blough, QB, Purdue – EW
Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota
Jon Duhart, WR, Old Dominion – EW
Chuma Edoga, OT, Southern Cal – SB
Jordan Ellis, RB, Virginia – EW
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St. – SB, NFLC
Cody Ford, OG/OT, Oklahoma – NFLC
Jack Fox, P, Rice – EW
Carl Granderson, DE/OLB, Wyoming – SB
Will Grier, QB, West Virginia – SB, NFLC
Darrin Hall, RB, Pittsburgh – EW
Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina St. – NFLC
Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo – EW
Jesper Horsted, WR, Princeton – EW
Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St. – SB
Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo – SB
KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State – EW
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke – SB, NFLC
Nick Linder, C, Indiana – EW
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri – SB
DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Mississippi – EW
Trace McSorley, QB, Penn St. – SB
Gardner Minshew, QB, Washington St. – SB
Foster Moreau, TE, LSU – SB
Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Chris Peace, LB, Virginia – EW
Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas St. – SB
Dru Samia, OG, Oklahoma – SB
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina – NFLC
David Sills, WR, West Virginia – SB
Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse – EW
Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville – SB
Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn – SB, NFLC, TPD
Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU – EW
Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida – NFLC
Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo – EW
Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern – SB
Tre Watson, LB, Maryland – EW
Trevon Wesco, TE/FB, West Virginia – SB
Kevin Wilkins, DT, Rutgers – EW
Preston Williams, WR, Colorado St. – TPD
Renell Wren, DT, Arizona St. – SB
Terry Wright, WR, Purdue – EW
Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple – SB

Team Pro Days Attended:

Auburn, Arkansas, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Colorado, Colorado St., Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kansas St., Marshall, Nebraska, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Purdue, Troy, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin.

In Conclusion:

There is your latest prospects update for the 2019 off-season. This list will be updated and posted as information becomes available.

Has it really been established that Rosen is worth consideration as a franchise option?

Given that Arizona is a club that hasn't been known for making the best decisions in recent seasons but it's hard to believe Murray is worth giving up a #10 pick if he really projects to be an upper echelon starter in the NFL.

My concern here is that Rosen becomes like another former #10 Cardinals pick, Matt Leinart.

AJ Green is almost 34.

Where does he fit in here?

If the Redskins were one player away from contender status you might roll the dice but he's not a good option for us.

Naw... he's only 30 Bulldog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, AJ Green only had more than 90 catches in 2 seasons, his 2nd and 3rd season in the NFL. He has not caught more than 75 passes in the last 5 years. 2 of the past 3 seasons he has had season ending injuries, missing 7 and 6 games in those seasons respectively.

You can talk him up all you want, but suggesting 90 catches in a season at 31 after having 2 season ending injuries in the past 3 seasons, is an absolute stretch. With all the injuries we've incurred over the past 2 season, you want to risk a trade for someone like Green? The better choice would be to take a reasonable trade for John Ross who had a solid season last year.

I'd rather have Golden Tate in FA than either of them.

You didn't say his ‘best days were behind him' - you said his ‘skills are declining' - and I said there's not a lot of evidence of that. You're right on the # of receptions, but his total receiving yds have been > 1000 the past 7 seasons (yeah, only had 964 in 2016 but that was accomplished in just 10 games). He was on pace for 82 catches for 1200+ yds last year before getting hurt. His performance really has not declined in terms of production. It may but it hasn't yet.

I already acknowledged injuries would be a concern.

I'm not in favor of trading a lot for him but he'd be the best WR we've had in 20 years for 3 or 4 seasons and I don't think it would be close.

Ok, he's 30 going on 31 for 2019.

He has one year left on his deal.

Are people comfortable with paying WR into his mid—30's on a nice extension?

Granted he is a receiver with size but not everyone ages as well as Larry Fitzgerald.

Tate intrigues me and Green probably has three years left, maybe four. A contract for Green is what concerns me - can't break the bank here. Perhaps Eric can structure a two year practical deal that looks like a four year mega deal - that would be ideal. If you get him, then I would also get Tate. Add Deebo Samuel or a J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, maybe both, and that would settle things once and for all at WR.

Still waiting on what could happen with Josh Rosen. I went on the Riggo's Rag podcast last week and mentioned that the Redskins should be patient in the opening days of FA with the Rosen situation. That appears to be happening and we may not see a trade until the first night of the draft or just prior to it.

Back to receiver - if we don't add one in the coming days, my thinking is that we add two in the draft and a tight end.

I want to see what Cam and Trey can do. I'm not convinced we need a marquee WR and would rather we target Hockenson. WR impact on team success is very overrated.

Has it really been established that Rosen is worth consideration as a franchise option?

Given that Arizona is a club that hasn't been known for making the best decisions in recent seasons but it's hard to believe Murray is worth giving up a #10 pick if he really projects to be an upper echelon starter in the NFL.

My concern here is that Rosen becomes like another former #10 Cardinals pick, Matt Leinart.

No - it hasn't. But he's possibly a higher rated passer than we can get at pick 15.

Agreed. But perhaps a reason to go edge rusher and CB in the draft and make the move for a qb in 2020?

Dix signs with the Bears. 1 year contract.

Rosen was my second highest rated QB in the 2018 draft - just a tick behind Mayfield. My analysis has not changed.

HHCD brings a sixth round comp pick in 2020. Skins currently have comp picks in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds for 2020.

OK, so what do we do at Safety with Dix gone? Go with youth? Sign Eric Berry for a couple seasons? Go with Dennard at CB to bolster that area of DB's so we can rely on youth beside Collins?

I just saw Dennard is still available and think he could be a very solid acquisition...again provided we get him for the right price.

Golden Tate to the Midgets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.