• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

What ex-Redskin coach has led a team to a superbowl win since Vince Lombardi? None that I am aware of.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

The Redskins haven't announced a single coaching change. Not one. Ben Kotwica was officially hired a few hours ago by the Falcons to be their special teams coaches. Yet, we have no word from the Redskins about this move.

Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula rumors say they want to leave and are tired of the circus-like atmosphere.

Nothing official on Torrian Gray.

I have no idea what's going on and it seems like Redskins media is in the same boat.

I wonder (and this is just mere speculation from me - nothing more, nothing less) if we are seeing some sort of mutiny from assistant coaches. If so, does it point to Jay Gruden? Greg Manusky? Bruce Allen? Dan Snyder? This is weird. Everything about it is weird.

The Redskins haven't announced a single coaching change. Not one. Ben Kotwica was officially hired a few hours ago by the Falcons to be their special teams coaches. Yet, we have no word from the Redskins about this move.

Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula rumors say they want to leave and are tired of the circus-like atmosphere.

I have no idea what's going on and it seems like Redskins media is in the same boat.

I wonder (and this is just mere speculation from me - nothing more, nothing less) if we are seeing some sort of mutiny from assistant coaches. If so, does it point to Jay Gruden? Greg Manusky? Bruce Allen? Dan Snyder? This is weird. Everything about it is weird.

Did this all start with the Swearinger cut ?
Is it possible there was much dispute about that decision internally, and opened the floodgates to conflicts within ?

I 100% agree BB. One of the oddest stretches ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! For the first time in a long time the Skins are able to bottle it up - whatever it is! That's the positive spin!

Otherwise, WRR!

Wonder if Dan-boy makes any of these people sign NDAs.

Rouillier was ranked #17 by PFF among NFL centers.

So right now he is league average.

Given our needs at other areas this would not necessarily be a priority in 2019 for me.

At 24, Rouillier has time to gain experience and improve.

But we need better depth behind Chase and Brandon.

Our first move when there are injuries can't be for street free agents.

That's not a winning formula.

My guess is, it's SOP for most teams. For a number of reasons.
Not the least of which, it's smart business.

Rouillier was ranked #17 by PFF among NFL centers.

So right now he is league average.

Given our needs at other areas this would not necessarily be a priority in 2019 for me.

At 24, Rouillier has time to gain experience and improve.

But we need better depth behind Chase and Brandon.

Our first move when there are injuries can't be for street free agents.

That's not a winning formula.

Agreed. But remember that Chase was a little banged up. and, played some guard (mistake) which probably affected his overall grade.
Like you said, he does show promise. But also like you said, we need a better plan B if he goes down.

And, for myself, if at some point during the draft, a center is the BPA, you draft him.

Hey! For the first time in a long time the Skins are able to bottle it up - whatever it is! That's the positive spin!

Otherwise, WRR!

I have no problem with running a tight ship and message discipline, but failing to announce moves even after they've occurred and it is public knowledge? This reeks of the way it was pre-Gibbs II when the press was viewed as 'the enemy' and treated as such. Gibbs changed that dynamic for awhile but now we're right back to being petty and vindictive.

I've said for decades that Snyder would do himself a big favor by being accessible and putting himself out there. He may be a prick and an unmitigated disaster of an owner, but at least if fans and the media felt they knew him, he would be a HUMAN and that might make the coverage a little less vitriolic and brutal. He does himself no favors by letting the media define him.

Everyone from former players to ‘annonymous' League sources have chronicled the bumbles and outright incompetence of ownership and Allen.

A former player said the Redskins culture is like a country club where there is a soft current underrunning operations, guys like Allen only hire friends from former gigs, and anyone from the outside that comes in and is ‘too loud' or too ‘coarse' in their attempts to win or speak the truth are quickly ostracized and sent packing.

That's one reasonable interpretation of the Lafemina mess.

Lafemina was passionate about his job and wanted to succeed and he made the mistake of telling Snyder that his ‘country club secretary' Bruce Allen was a stumbling block in that transformation.

From an internal perspective his firing was justified because he questioned the overall status quo, even though that status quo is a joke around the league.

Boone...you know....I don't get spooled up about BruDan - until I have to think about them.

He really is in danger of losing a big chunk of the fanbase.

Sigh.

Do not rely on PFF for any of your player evals. It's laughable. Coaches don't pay any attention to it. Players know it is a joke and often say so.

Video doesn't lie. Video is the true evidence.

Roullier was a top ten center in the league this season - even with having to play guard at times out of necessity. The best? No, but he did an outstanding job. He had to over-compensate for porous replacement guards in the second half of the season and questionable left guard play nearly all season (Cooper being something of an exception).

Roullier is paying huge dividends as a sixth rounder and is playing more like a second rounder.

For the love of God, please, please, please...if the rumors are true of him declaring for the NFL Draft, do not entertain the thought of Tyler Murray being drafted by the Redskins!!!

For the love of God, please, please, please...if the rumors are true of him declaring for the NFL Draft, do not entertain the thought of Tyler Murray being drafted by the Redskins!!!
who is Tyler Murray?

who is Tyler Murray?

The man who morphs.
According to below, he keeps shrinking, and then as a result of that, changes his name from Kyler to Tyler to conform to his transforming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.