• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

=
Let me splain where I am.

One day, my dedication my evaporate. If it does, I'll be gone forever. I won't leave, and then return only when winning does. I'll walk away, and never look back. I won't second guess my decision. And I won't regret.
[/I]

I knew as much before you took the time to explain it again. I understand loyalty, and for the rest of my life I will carry the calcium buildup where I broke my arm in a car wreck after flying 3400 for a playoffs game in Seattle...a game I still attended before I had the injury addressed medically.

I understand loyalty being one of only a handful of Redskins' fans in the stadium when the clock struck 0:00 on a Monday night loss when even fat defensive players gave up on plays flailing around on the ground.

I understand loyalty as I weathered freezing cold rain conditions to watch our home stadium get taken over by fans of that dreaded team from Dallass.

I understand loyalty, your stubborn old coot...handsome as you may be.

Dan Snyder doesn't understand it. So I am leaving.

And to be clear, I'm not waiting for a winning record to come back...just a winning attitude in the FO from someone other than the failure currently there. I will return when I see the FO change, and will give them the same opportunity I mistakenly gave this organization this past season. But they only have one more shot, or I'm done for good. And this upcoming season is not that last chance. When Allen and Gruden are gone, I will give them that last chance. This upcoming season, I'll teach my son to hunt now that he's old enough. It's been too long since I was in the woods.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

El, I hope you didn't think I was questioning your loyalty. Or, your understanding of it.
Not at all what I was doing.

Believe me, my own loyalty seems to border on the insane, even to me at times. Not questioning, or being critical of how you choose to handle things going forward. As I said, if it works for you, that is all that matters. Currently, my position works for me. And that's what matters, to me.

As for teaching your children the joys, discipline, and thrills of spending time in the great outdoors, hunting/fishing/hiking/photographing etc..., there is not much greater you could pass down to them. There are a great many things we all sacrifice, as time goes by, to make room for other things. Hunting is something I have never let go of. That day will come, but not yet.

Hail Elephant!

El, I hope you didn't think I was questioning your loyalty. Or, your understanding of it.

Believe me, my own loyalty seems to border on the insane, even to me at times. Not questioning, or being critical of how you choose to handle things going forward. As I said, if it works for you, that is all that matters. Currently, my position works for me. And that's what matters, to me.

As for teaching your children the joys, discipline, and thrills of spending time in the great outdoors, hunting/fishing/hiking/photographing etc..., there is not much greater you could pass down to them. There are a great many things we all sacrifice, as time goes by, to make room for other things. Hunting is something I have never let go of. That day will come, but not yet.

Hail Elephant!

Nah, I think we may disagree but respect each other's decision regarding this team...we're just in different stages. I was just displaying what I've been willing to give this team. I didn't even mention the tens of thousands of dollars in tickets and merchandise.

The saddest part of spending more time with my son in the context of this discussion, I want to take him to football games. Just gonna have to settle on a Terps game here and there. I cannot think about taking him to a Ravens game, even though we can practically see the stadium from his school.

Hail Elephant!

Hale Ax-Man? Hail Yes!

I'll continue to do these threads each year. Not going to buy any Skins gear in 2019. Had planned on going to the draft in Nashville, but no way I go now. That's where I'm at.

Free Agency update coming Tuesday. Mocks next Friday.

One day we'll have an owner who hires a GM that knows wtf they're doing to build a team.
That picks coaches who realize that adapting your scheme & players together will produce better results.
One that believes in building and maintaining the trenches first and foremost, with the majority of the team coming from the draft.

Snyder in NOT that owner, and Bruce just may be the Antichrist. Can't definitively prove it yet but the signs are there.

One day we'll have an owner who hires a GM that knows wtf they're doing to build a team.
That picks coaches who realize that adapting your scheme & players together will produce better results.
One that believes in building and maintaining the trenches first and foremost, with the majority of the team coming from the draft.

Snyder in NOT that owner, and Bruce just may be the Antichrist. Can't definitively prove it yet but the signs are there.

Not in our lifetime as long as Snyder owns the team.

Fingers crossed that another year of the Bruce and Gruden product will force Dan out of the NFL. Keeping Bruce on as GM at this point is enough to prove an insanity defense in ANY court of law.

Speaking of court, can we the fans bring a class action lawsuit against BruDan? The mental abuse these 2 jackasses have brought upon us is now on a biblical level.

Last edited:

Fingers crossed that another year of the Bruce and Gruden product will force Dan out of the NFL. Keeping Bruce on as GM at this point is enough to prove an insanity defense in ANY court of law.

Speaking of court, can we the fans bring a class action lawsuit against BruDan? The mental abuse these 2 jackasses have brought upon us is now on a biblical level.

As Skins fans, we must all prepare to pass the KY around. Again.

Uncross your fingers. It's never going to happen.

I've never met a human, as an adult, who was capable of bringing mental abuse upon me. Unless I allowed it.
But that's just me.

"They say that cat Ax is a bad mother...…"

Whatever else we do - keep adding more speed!

If by some miracle Drew Lock is there at 15 we need to take him imho. Otherwise take best qb available AFTER we get a guard and TE.

Don't look now.

Redskins talking to defensive coaches on market while there has been no announcement the current DC is gone.

How many teams do this?

Classless.

The Redskins talked to Bowles and Wilks and were rebuffed.

Any surprise?

Who wants to be part of this dumpster fire?

The Redskins are truly now a reverse washing machine.
Come in clean, go out dirty.

What a f****** mess.

I stated my opinion on the supposed 'wooing' of Gregg Williams in another thread. I don't think the Redskins were 'rebuffed' because I don't believe anything close to a job offer was made to either of those guys. If the point is that top tier DCs are not going to want to come to the DC shit show - I have to agree with that.

Truth is, Skins are in a bad situation of their own making. But we only have 2 choices.

Keep Manusky.
Or find his replacement.

That's it. I'd keep him because I believe our defense, had it not had to stay on the field for 2/3rds of every game, has greatly improved under Manusky. I also believe that Jay Gruden should be driving this decision, and if he wants to continue to ride with Manusky, that's what should happen. I know - Joe Barry. But a HC has got to have the guys with him that he feels are right - beyond anything else, that's only fair.

It's easy to say 'Fire Manusky' and then look for replacements. In a normal environment of course that is the proper and decent thing to do. But this isn't a normal environment. There's no point at all in doing a major defensive coaching overhaul unless you feel that you can get major upgrades. The Redskins, were they to elect to toss Manusky and his crew out, have no guarantees that they will be able to woo better coaches to DC. They have no choice but to hedge their bets and hold onto the existing staff until there's clarity on Williams.

Is being in this position all Snyder and Allen's fault?

Yep. But I don't think there's much choice in how they are handling it.

The big issue with a potential Gregg Williams hire is hardly being discussed at all - and that's 'how does it sit with Jay Gruden'?

It's hard to imagine that he's thrilled about the idea of firing Manusky (who is a friend) in order to hire that looks all the world like a potential successor? How in the hell would that dynamic work? The better a GW-lead defense did, the more noise about him potentially replacing Gruden in a year there will be. And from Williams vantage point - if he does bring the D up to a top tier level and the Redskins start winning, all he's done is cement Gruden's long-term hold on the Skins HC job.

It would be an ironic situation. If bringing Williams in succeeds in creating a dominating defense, either way you look at it, either Gruden or GW is a big loser. Why would either guy be in favor of creating that situation?

Seems like it would be an incredibly dysfunctional set up right out of the gate.

Not that this would keep the Redskins from doing it.

I've said it all along... the only scenario that makes any sense if you are going to bring in Gregg Williams would be if you fired Gruden now, and handed Williams the whol ball of wax as head coach. Anything short of that just doesn't make sense to me.

If they do bring in GW - I'm calling it now. Gruden and his staff gets canned and the Gregg Williams era begins.

No way Gruden can be expected to accept GW as both his DC and replacement in grooming.

That would be awesome.

If they do bring in GW - I'm calling it now. Gruden and his staff gets canned and the Gregg Williams era begins.

No way Gruden can be expected to accept GW as both his DC and replacement in grooming.

This is what I am thinking...and declared as much to John Keim on twitter. If Williams does come in here, he's not interviewing for the same position he left 10 years ago...he's interviewing for the HC job.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.