• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

That's cuz he rolls over for BruDan like he does for the players!

But...he's making some nice scratch!

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Here is the podcast that we recorded on Wednesday night at Riggo's Rag. Ian got a plug in for BGO. We discussed the combine mostly. This podcast was recorded before the Case Keenum trade. I may do another one just before the draft - possibly after.

https://riggosrag.com/2019/03/08/redskins-combine-recap-19/

Curious if DK Metcalf fell to 15 should we take him?

For me, he's an ultimate 'boom or bust' WR. With our track record, he scares the hell out of me. He's one of those rare combos of size and speed. He will make occasional crazy catches, then drop easy ones far more often than he should. His hands are good - not great from what I've seen. He would be a high risk high reward gamble.

Curious if DK Metcalf fell to 15 should we take him?

He's definitely the athletic freak in this draft. Because of his combine performance, I don't know if he would make it down to 15. The only thing that concerns me about him is his 1.6% body fat. First off, I don't think that's healthy. Secondly, I don't know if you can get that low naturally. I suspect he's taking something to look like that. Whether it's legal or just undetectable, I don't know. But I could see a PED suspension at some point in his career. But he's definitely an intriguing player.

For me, he's an ultimate 'boom or bust' WR. With our track record, he scares the hell out of me. He's one of those rare combos of size and speed. He will make occasional crazy catches, then drop easy ones far more often than he should. His hands are good - not great from what I've seen. He would be a high risk high reward gamble.

True, but just imagine if he's a boom for us. We could finally kick Doctson's ass off the team! Metcalf would back the safeties off for Geuice and the TE's. Keenum would get a 1/4 chub if this pick is made. Just wondering out loud.

On another note seems the Chiefs let lb Houston go today. If we were closer to championship I'd say a hell maybe, waste of $ now tho.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26219291/chiefs-release-lb-houston-rather-pay-15m

He's definitely the athletic freak in this draft. Because of his combine performance, I don't know if he would make it down to 15. The only thing that concerns me about him is his 1.6% body fat. First off, I don't think that's healthy. Secondly, I don't know if you can get that low naturally. I suspect he's taking something to look like that. Whether it's legal or just undetectable, I don't know. But I could see a PED suspension at some point in his career. But he's definitely an intriguing player.

Interesting take you have Kel, good catch and you may be correct there. Hopefully our scouting department sniffs that out if it's so.

I'm fine with Bell if it's a civilized deal, give him a fair take it or leave it offer then move on one way or the other. Not exactly role mode material for Guice but a solid rb would be nice.

It's Peter King, who likes to throw the Redskins in as a suitor with just about every high dollar FA, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

DJax released by Bucs

*edit: Apparently DJax saying ‘goodbye' on Twitter but Bucs denying he's been cut. Regardless, hard pass.

Last edited:

It's Peter King, who likes to throw the Redskins in as a suitor with just about every high dollar FA, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, King is still stuck in the 90s and early 2000s in his way of thinking about football. He hasn't changed his opinions on some things or how the game should be played in about 20 years. He probably still thinks Art Monk shouldn't make it to the Hall of Fame, not realizing common sense already put him there. So he's going to think the Redskins are in on every big name free agent. I'm sure he was one of the ones saying they were going hard after Antonio Brown. It's just an easy take to say because past history says it's possible. So he can say it and if he is right, claim he knew all along. If he's wrong, he just acts like he never said it.

Redskins looking to clear up cap room to possibly pursue CJ Mosley.
I have not followed him, but it gives us a chance to pursue another position of need if the draft unfolds that way.
I am still holding out hope that we draft Devin Bush. Starting to look less likely.

DJax released by Bucs

*edit: Apparently DJax saying ‘goodbye' on Twitter but Bucs denying he's been cut. Regardless, hard pass.

If he's looking to make more than 4 million a year or multiple years, I agree pass but we could use a burner and he can still run.

Same stupid front office, different day.

Same stupid front office, different day.

Let's see the details. Craig Hoffman says the $45M is not all fully guaranteed and this contract is spread over six years. Several incentives probably won't be met. Starting to sound like this is a good deal for a true franchise player who is in his prime and strongly desired to be a Redskin.

Jamison Crowder is heading to the Jets.

Let's see the details. Craig Hoffman says the $45M is not all fully guaranteed and this contract is spread over six years. Several incentives probably won't be met. Starting to sound like this is a good deal for a true franchise player who is in his prime and strongly desired to be a Redskin.

If that 45m is not fully guaranteed and there are important escalators and not of the window dressing variety, then I'll take it back.

I couldn't care less about the total. No one gets that big money on the backend. It's only for the agents marketing purposes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.