• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

So I've been thinking about the 2020 class of QB's.

Tu'a is almost assuredly off the board at 1, unless something major happens this season.

Who is next?

Hebert? There are question marks about him that range from readiness for an NFL system to handling the pressure in the pocket.

Fromm? He is thought to be the next QB off the board after Tu'a, but is inconsistent. Most of the criticism I've seen of him is his decision making under pressure. He's had a few games that he looked outstanding, against Alabama being on that list. But he would make poor decisions under pressure in many other games. That could spell disaster in the NFL.

Eason? Nick Eason was displaced from his starting role in Georgia by Fromm so he transferred to Washington.

There are a handful of others, but none rank as a round 1 talent with Tu'a being the only QB in the class with some certainty.

I am not sure what the rules of the NFL are, but I still think if eligible Trevor Lawrence will come out in this class which changes everything. There could be another Luck/Griffin situation with those 2.

Trevor Lawrence might be a QB worth a trade if we end up inside the top...provided he's there. Otherwise, maybe we just go with Lock.

UGH! Can we just get it right for a 10 years stretch just once in my lifetime!?!?!?!

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Trevor Lawrence can't declare until 2021.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Free Agency has arrived and the 2019 season is well underway. This is our latest free agency update for the off-season and the heat is officially on. We have now entered the second wave of free agency and the intensity will continue to increase.

As the free agency curtain is fully unfurled now, things will become much clearer. Will Alex Smith ever return from a brutal injury? What kind of changes will we see to the roster? Those are some of the biggest questions to be answered in the 2019 off-season.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:

Landon Collins, SS (Signed, 3/13/19)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB (Signed, 3/15/19)
Ereck Flowers, OG/OT (Signed, 3/18/19)
Brian Quick, WR (Signed, 3/18/19)

Restricted Free Agents:

Maurice Harris, WR (Not Tendered, Signed with Patriots, 3/14/19)
Rob Kelley, RB (Not Tendered)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:

Byron Marshall, RB (Signed Tender, 3/11/19)

Exercised Option:

Brandon Scherff, OG

Trades:

Case Keenum, QB (3/13/19)

Contract Extensions:

Pending Unrestricted Free Agents:

Ty Nsekhe, OT (Signed by the Bills, 3/13/19)
Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, FS (Signed with Bears, 3/14/19)
Pernell McPhee, OLB (Possibly Returns)
Shawn Lauvao, OG (Possibly Retires)
Preston Smith, OLB (Signed with Packers, 3/13/19)
Adrian Peterson, RB (Re-signed, 3/13/19)
Mark Sanchez, QB (Very Likely Walks)
Josh Johnson, QB (Unknown)
Austin Howard, OT (Very Likely Walks)
Tony Bergstrom, OG/C (Unknown)
Luke Bowanko, C/OG (Very Likely Walks)
Michael Floyd, WR (Very Likely Walks)
Jamison Crowder, WR (Signed with Jets, 3/13/19)
Marquis Flowers, ILB (Very Likely Walks)
Zach Kerin, OG (Re-signed, 3/19/19)
Arie Kouandjio, OG (Unknown)
Zach Vigil, ILB (Possibly Returns)

Possible Release Candidates:

Alex Smith, QB (Very Likely To IR)
Josh Norman, CB (Likely Returns, Re-structure Contract?, Pay Cut?)
Vernon Davis, TE (Unknown)
Stacy McGee, DT (Released, 3/13/19)
Jordan Reed, TE (Likely Returns)
Zach Brown, ILB (Released, 3/13/19)
Samaje Perine, RB (Unknown, Trade?)
Colt McCoy, QB (Likely Returns)
Troy Apke, FS (Likely Returns)

Re-structure Contract Candidates:

Alex Smith, QB
Jordan Reed, TE
Josh Norman, CB

2019 Dead Money Contracts:

DJ Swearinger ($1.33M)
Orlando Scandrick ($500K)
Zach Brown ($3M)
Stacy McGee ($2.4M)

Off-Season Updates:

The Josh Rosen trade to the Redskins might happen (BBQ puts the odds at 50-50), but there is no guarantee either way. Alex Smith would be the perfect mentor and would help Rosen to learn the system.

The current Redskins cap room currently stands at $12.7M for 2019. The NFL cap for this year is $188.2M. Re-signing Brandon Scherff will provide more cap room. Releases and re-structures will also increase the cap room.

If Josh Norman is released, he would count $3M in dead money for 2019. Cutting him would save $11.5M. Overall savings would be $8.5M. However, BBQ doubts he will be released.

We know absolutely nothing on Alex Smith, but he will obviously not return in 2019. Will he be ready for the 2020 season? Is his career over? Will he retire? Will he give the Redskins any cap relief? No one knows, but we'll stay on top of it.

Personal Thoughts:

Players I believe that will not return include Michael Floyd, Mark Sanchez, Austin Howard, and Luke Bowanko.

The contract given to Jamison Crowder by the Jets should yield a fourth round comp selection in 2020 – for now.

Here is a list of players that I would like for the Redskins to consider in free agency. Not all of them can be signed, but these are a few I like.
Duke Johnson, RB, Cleveland (if released)
Shane Ray, OLB, Denver

In Conclusion:

The free agency updates are starting to increase significantly. We'll have regular updates and post information as it becomes available. A new mock is coming Friday.

Grier is an interesting option. Super accurate, said to be a passionate leader, good feet and pocket awareness, and has a pretty good arm.he's intriguing as a 2nd or possibly 3rd round option of we don't go for a marquee guy. If there's a QB who could be a later round gem, he might be that guy. I love Brett Rypien, but not sure he is athletic enough to make it at the next level and he struggles with below average arm strength to make some of the more difficult throws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB, don't take this the wrong way...we know you're giving us whatever there is out there for us to do with the info provided...but this woman's tweet is exactly what is wrong with so-called journalism in the age of twitter.

It's pro day, wouldn't a potential 1st round QB be talking to scouts from all the teams represented at the event?

BB, don't take this the wrong way...we know you're giving us whatever there is out there for us to do with the info provided...but this woman's tweet is exactly what is wrong with so-called journalism in the age of twitter.

It's pro day, wouldn't a potential 1st round QB be talking to scouts from all the teams represented at the event?

Some teams are there to scout only. Some teams have an informal meeting (as was the case here). Other teams have a formal visit (private, dinner, etc.). It varies.

Will Grier.

So I have said for the last six months, and so it shall be.

You sign this guy in the first round and don't even question it.

Aaron Rodgers, part deux.

Now if you want to roll the dice and pray that he'll be there in the second then take a shot.

Wow that QB is exciting.

I'm not sure even Grier will make it to the 2nd round.

Yes, we added him last Friday and it was included in the free agency update today. We don't know if he will play corner or move to free safety.

I'm not sure even Grier will make it to the 2nd round.

Anyone know what it would take to get back into the 1st round? Would a 2nd and 3rd do it? Obviously if they think this is the guy, you grab him when you can. I was just curious about the possibility of getting into the late 1st round without giving up a 1st in 2020.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.