• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Coming later this week after a prolonged hiatus...

An update.

Coming next week...

We start the annual analysis of each position.

And then...

We will have extensive coverage of training camp and the preseason.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Be sure to check out some of the reports from social media on the final day of practice until training camp - on the latter part of the previous page.

No football for a while, but not around here. We have a lot of work to do.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

The Washington Redskins final roster of fifty-three players will not be determined until late this summer, but it is never too early to speculate on which players will make the cut, who will be placed on the practice squad, and who will see their NFL dreams come to a screeching halt.

Free agency is all but over. The draft has come and gone. Rookie camp, OTAs, and mini-camp are all in the history books. Training camp and preseason games will be the final off-season process of narrowing down the roster as the 2019 season draws closer. The challenges of trying to make such a prediction this early is obviously difficult. Injuries, late roster additions, and potential trades can occur and these factors will alter the roster, but let's give it a try.

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until Training Camp: 41
- Days until the first preseason game: 55
- Days until the Regular Season Opener (Eagles): 86
- Days until the Cowboys game: 93
- Days until the Giants game: 114

Offense:
In this list of offensive players, there are a few changes from last fall. New players for this first BBQ roster prediction include Dwayne Haskins, Montez Sweat, Wes Martin, Kelvin Harmon, and Terry McLaurin. Players not included are Colt McCoy, Robert Davis, and Brian Quick. Alex Smith very likely remains with the team, but he is an obvious candidate for injured reserve in 2019.

Quarterback: Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins. Injured Reserve: Alex Smith
Running Back: Derrius Guice, Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine. PUP List: Bryce Love.
Tight End: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle.
Wide Receiver: Paul Richardson, Terry McLaurin, Josh Doctson, Kelvin Harmon, Trey Quinn, Cam Sims, Jehu Chesson (Special Teams).
Offensive Tackle: Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Geron Christian, Tyler Catalina (Guard).
Offensive Guard: Brandon Scherff, Wes Martin, Tony Bergstrom (Tackle).
Center: Chase Roullier, Ross Pierschbacher (Guard)

Defense:
The defense looks to be deeper with talent this year and there are several new players who will definitely make their debut as Redskins this fall. Players on this list who should be on the final roster of fifty-three include Montez Sweat, Cole Holcomb, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and Jimmy Moreland. In a numbers crunch, not making the cut is Danny Johnson and Troy Apke.

Defensive Line: Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Tim Settle, Caleb Brantley.
Outside Linebacker: Ryan Kerrigan, Montez Sweat, Ryan Anderson, Cassanova McKinzy.
Inside Linebacker: Jon Bostic, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Cole Holcomb, Mason Foster. Injured Reserve: Reuben Foster.
Cornerback: Josh Norman, Fabian Moreau, Quinton Dunbar, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Free Safety), Greg Stroman, Adonis Alexander (Free Safety), Jimmy Moreland.
Safety: Landon Collins, Montae Nicholson, Deshazor Everett, JoJo McIntosh.

Special Teams:
There are no changes to the three special teams players once again this year. If only such predictions could be this easy across the board.
Special Teams: Dustin Hopkins, Tress Way, Nick Sundberg.

Practice Squad:
This is where it becomes difficult. Trying to predict the ten players who will be signed to the practice squad each year seems like an exercise in futility. Some of the names are familiar and others are new. Omitting fan favorites like Elijah Wellman and J.P. Holtz is never a popular option, but the limit is ten players and difficult choices must be made. We thought of leaving Cam Sims off of the roster, but he has produced a solid off-season. For now, we leave him on the roster.

Practice Squad: Jordan Brailford (Edge/OLB), Timon Parris (OT), Danny Johnson (CB), Casey Dunn (C/OG), Ryan Bee (DE/DT), Matt Flanagan (TE), Andrew Ankrah (Edge/OLB), Donald Parham (FB/TE), Josh Woodrum (QB), B.J. Blunt (ILB).
Players on this list who could be on the final roster include Brailford, Johnson, Dunn, Bee, and Blunt.

The Redskins could add a free agent veteran or two in the coming days or weeks. That would certainly change how the roster would take shape. Injuries in training camp or preseason games will also influence what the roster will be on opening day. For now, there is an early look at may happen later this summer.

BB, as I read your latest...it occurred to me that Scherff could be moved to LT if TW is truly be gone by the the beginning of the season, and probably be as dominant out there as he is inside.

We have a glut of interior guys who seem serviceable, Bergstrom and the rookie Martin to start. Rouillier at center with the other rookie Piersbacher as a backup to them. We'd just need to worry about depth.

That's possible and while I don't rule out a trade, I seriously doubt it happens.

My concern is for an injury in camp or one of the preseason games. I know they will limit him until the regular season, but all it takes is one freaky play as Reuben Foster knows.

BB, as I read your latest...it occurred to me that Scherff could be moved to LT if TW is truly be gone by the the beginning of the season, and probably be as dominant out there as he is inside.

We have a glut of interior guys who seem serviceable, Bergstrom and the rookie Martin to start. Rouillier at center with the other rookie Piersbacher as a backup to them. We'd just need to worry about depth.

Agree on the C/G areas squared up for the foreseeable future. To me it seems we need to hit T & TE next April, unless one of our fill in guys can lock those spots down. Brandon at Tackle sounds good to me too, and we give him $ that was allocated to TW.

I've seen a few teams loosely mentioned with Trent, but it makes sense to offload him to a team with a plethora of cap room. Cleveland & Houston seem to be top spots mentioned. The Bruce should make it known the bidding starts with a 1st plus takes on 100% of his salary, then it's time to press forward.

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/06/re...r-trent-williams-after-reported-trade-demand/

Last edited:

Brandon Scherff cannot play LT at the NFL level. College level? Yeah. But not up here.

Don't know why Redskins fans want to take a Pro Bowl RG and move him out of position?

This fanbase is always wanting to take round pegs and hammer them into square holes because the Front Office mismanages the roster because they have no foresight.

Trent Williams is a must have. You hate to see the team stuck in this spot, but it is what it is.

Trent is a solid LT, one of the best in the league. However, he's an irritated peg that's refusing to go into his custom designed hole. At this point the team needs to decide whether to take our 2nd best o-linemen (BS) & at least attempt sliding him over to the LT spot.

Brandon was a RT in college and to my knowledge has never played LT. He made the transition to RG pretty easily with sound coaching coupled with his superior talent. Not so much a want to adapt players that make the system work, he made it a need. Trent alone has put this mess on the team and fanbase. Trent can go find a new pegboard to his liking, the sooner the better imo.

Brandon Scherff cannot play LT at the NFL level. College level? Yeah. But not up here.

Don't know why Redskins fans want to take a Pro Bowl RG and move him out of position?

This fanbase is always wanting to take round pegs and hammer them into square holes because the Front Office mismanages the roster because they have no foresight.

Trent Williams is a must have. You hate to see the team stuck in this spot, but it is what it is.

You could have made your point w/out the insults, I don't want to move a Pro Bowl RG at all.

But the Redskins are facing going into the 2019 season with Erek Flowers as the only other viable T on the team, outside an injured Geron Christian who we still don't know if he is capable of starting in the NFL.

What else do we have if Trent Williams is gone?

I wasn't talking about a permanent solution, but we have someone on the team who can play LT, is a better option than we have on our team, and any LT available at this point in FA. No one is releasing a starting LT before the season, nor are they trading one unless in the same position we are.

You could have made your point w/out the insults, I don't want to move a Pro Bowl RG at all.

But the Redskins are facing going into the 2019 season with Erek Flowers as the only other viable T on the team, outside an injured Geron Christian who we still don't know if he is capable of starting in the NFL.

What else do we have if Trent Williams is gone?

I wasn't talking about a permanent solution, but we have someone on the team who can play LT, is a better option than we have on our team, and any LT available at this point in FA. No one is releasing a starting LT before the season, nor are they trading one unless in the same position we are.

Point out where I insulted you?

If you took it that way, I'm sorry.

Whether a switch for Brandon to LT works or not, it's irrelevant imho. The team needs to play the best hand it's dealt, Trent spitting on the dealer helps matters in the none category. Greed enters into these players sometimes and unfortunately it's hit us. Could NOT have happened at a worse time too.

I look at the Quinton Dunbar's situation & hope a position switch "may" work out for the best. QD was a meh wr but is our #2 CB now, and pretty good at it as well (when healthy). Maybe TW un-roots his head from his arse in time for the season and keeps Keenum or Haskins upright and throwing bombs all day. Odds are severely against it though and the team should plan contingencies accordingly.

On another note, will it be Shi or Kel running FF this season?

Last edited:

On another note, will it be Shi or Kel running FF this season?

I plan on doing it, unless the master wants to come back and take over the reigns again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.