• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Interesting suggestion on how to handle it. For me, the whole idea of 'retiring' #'s is illogical since as you noted BB, there are only so many of them and over time...

Besides - I don't recall them ever 'retiring' Sean's number in the first place - have they? They simply haven't issued it to another player since he passed.

I don't really understand the 'No one should ever wear that # besides Sean Taylor' perspective which is usually given out as though it's some universal directive that, if you don't agree with, you're some kind of insensitive prick :) For me, I think it's about what Sean Taylor would want - and my guess is that he'd want someone like Landon Collins flying around the field as #21 , laying the wood to opposing players. Just a guess though. Nice job on the article!

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

It was a difficult article to write - it took about two days, even though it was just over 500 words.

Sammy is the only number retired. Everything else is in a holding pattern.

The Redskins must have been giving everyone a head fake about resigning Dix.

You can't get much cheaper for a starter than $3.5M for one year ������

Please don't anyone bring up Apke.

He was an athlete we took to make into a football player.

He isn't a safety except by designation.

AndI wouldn't have had an issue with that if he had been a seventh rounder or UDFA.

But you don't take flyers in the fourth round, not when teams like New England and LA are getting guys there that can come in and play.

At least 2 other teams including the redskins offered more money.

Evidence Ha Ha ain't the sharpest tool in the shed?

He went to the Bears. Because he wanted to win a title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And play against the Packers twice a year?

Well... it isn't as if his chances playing in PG County are any better.

Ereck Flowers LT is visiting Redskins Park and is likely to be signed. The bad? He's a former 3 year starter for the Giants who did not do very well. The good? Former 1st round pick, he played all season for the Jags in 2018 and played decently, he's about to be 25 years old, and he is a big guy. Thinking we can coach him up and could be a huge steal if he develops.

Ereck Flowers LT is visiting Redskins Park and is likely to be signed. The bad? He's a former 3 year starter for the Giants who did not do very well. The good? Former 1st round pick, he played all season for the Jags in 2018 and played decently, he's about to be 25 years old, and he is a big guy. Thinking we can coach him up and could be a huge steal if he develops.

Sometimes it's just a matter of change in scenery, sometimes it's just a matter of not having what it takes.

It will be good that he is being brought in to be a backup and not be counted on right away...but it sucks that Geron cannot be counted on that we have to sign another tackle.

Maybe we're moving TW to guard. My goodness the running between the tackles with Trent next to center would be down right abusive to opposing d-lines.

Flowers was one of the lowest rated tackles in the NFL as a starter his first few years.

I think if he comes here it's to be the swing tackle.

JAX must have an OL coach that is the best in the league if he made something out of Flowers.

Flowers was one of the lowest rated tackles in the NFL as a starter his first few years.

I think if he comes here it's to be the swing tackle.

JAX must have an OL coach that is the best in the league if he made something out of Flowers.

Or Flowers has it, but could not get motivated with the Gnats.

Bill Callahan is a good one.

What is the latest?

This mock got my attention.
Jonah Williams moving to guard for us.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-steelers-fill-ab-void

I usually rank Charles Davis above most, he's a solid analyst, but he has the Jags taking Noah Fant over TJ Hockenson in the top ten. I am not sure we'd take Hockenson, I hope we will, but I can pretty much say with some certainty, Hockenson is the top 10 pick not Fant.

Which is the bigger hole, LG or TE?

I hope Davis' mock is right. You fill LG with an eye on moving him to LT down the road when Trent slips.

I hope Davis' mock is right. You fill LG with an eye on moving him to LT down the road when Trent slips.

This makes sense on many levels.

I am of the mind that you take the best player available, unless of course you have an abundance of them. I see no Guards in the draft warranting our 1st round pick just a "possible" shift from T to G. There is possibly the best blocking/receiving threat TE to come out of college in years?

You don't draft a 1st rounder in hopes he can fill a slot. We didn't draft Scherff to play G, it just happened that way.

So with Trent on the other side of the hill, you don't take action to draft what many consider the best LT prospect in this draft?

You kill two birds with one stone: LG and Trent's eventual demise. Kind of like what Belichick did.

They just lost their starting LT to free agency. But guess what? They drafted Isaiah Wynn in the first round last year and now he'll step in.

But we'll draft a TE and still have a big hole at LG and no contingency plan for Trent Williams...because that's the Redskins way.

IMO, a TE will not change this team's fortunes as long as the left side of the line is suspect. When you're starting street free agents at LG, that's your bigger hole.

So with Trent on the other side of the hill, you don't take action to draft what many consider the best LT prospect in this draft?

OK, not sure the best LT in the draft would fall to 15...if he did, I'd question his ability. That is the 2nd most important position on the field.

You kill two birds with one stone: LG and Trent's eventual demise. Kind of like what Belichick did.

They just lost their starting LT to free agency. But guess what? They drafted Isaiah Wynn in the first round last year and now he'll step in.

But we'll draft a TE and still have a big hole at LG and no contingency plan for Trent Williams...because that's the Redskins way.

IMO, a TE will not change this team's fortunes as long as the left side of the line is suspect. When you're starting street free agents at LG, that's your bigger hole.

Best player available. If Hockenson is there at 15, he is almost assuredly going to be the BPA. We need a game changing TE now, one who can block and catch passes, and there is one in this draft who is talked about like Rob Gronkowski. We have an LT, an all pro LT even though he has mileage.

Looks like we're simply going to disagree on this one.

I was okay with using first rounders on the trenches the past few years because we had ignored them for so many years. However - the theory that you can find great OL in later rounds is generally true, and at some point you have to use those early picks on skill position players. Our OL is pretty solid, certainly not our biggest position of need. We have got to get some capable targets for whoever the hell the QB is going to be. If Hockenson is there at 15, I think we'd be morons not to take him. He also is a great blocker, so he'd at least be contributing to the QB protection effort at times.

I think the Redskins may be trying to force the Cardinals into accepting a lowball offer for Rosen by waiting until the last minute. I appreciate that might be the smart way to go, but I would hope they put the pedal to the medal if they are going to make an offer well before the draft so that we can plan for it without having the QB factor complicating things.

I wonder what Jay Gruden's preferences are at the QB position. And now I wonder if he's even been asked about his preferences :(

IMHO we have a good o-line, EXCEPT for LG. As of this moment we do not have a starting caliber LG anywhere near Redskin Park. LG is a much bigger need than TE at this point. However, if the TE Hock is there at 15 it would be unwise to skip over him. A 3 down TE helps the offense in a plethora of ways.

The team needs to quit f'ing around though & grab a starting LG in this draft. Whether it's in the 1st or 3rd doesn't matter much to me, but a starter is needed. The day 1 plug n play starters seem to be found in the 1st three rounds usually.

BPA at positions of need is my draft strategy and I've built all-pro teams consistently!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.