• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Damn, I hope this is a freak injury and we didn't draft another Jordan Reed, but at the rb spot.

I'm not going to get myself too worked up over a hammy. Other than the fact that he's probably more prone to that injury not having gone 'full speed' for a year, not sure there's anything any more ominous about it than it would be with any other player.

He may 'miss the beginning of training camp' but I suspect he'll be out there 100% before too long.

I choose to be optimistic in this case :)

According to some reports I've read around the web, Guice injured his hammy a few weeks ago. The way these reporters and the twitterverse are reacting is like he did it yesterday.

Much ado about nothing..... save the drama for your mama

EDIT: Ahem.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/ErinHawksworth?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ErinHawksworth</a> report that Derrius Guice tweaked his hamstring while rehabbing.<br><br>Not sure it really effects much, because he was already going to be monitored in camp. Also happened a few weeks ago, so has already had time to heal.</p>— Craig Hoffman (@CraigHoffman) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/1149755193438998528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

I hate this time of the year in terms of sports. Literally nothing I care about going on. The doldrums. But not for much longer...

I hate this time of the year in terms of sports. Literally nothing I care about going on. The doldrums. But not for much longer...

Ok, you talked me into it. Next summer, I will do a strip tease.

I am about to post two more posts from Steve and they ask some valid questions. Scot typically likes to engage Redskins fans and pundits on social media. I hope he responds to Steve.

Last edited:

My attitude on McCloughan has always included healthy skepticism. Just like Beathard in his day, he made some great picks in his time and also some extreme head scratchers. We should always be wary of the supposed 'wunderkind'. That's why those who think Kevin O'Connell or Kyle Smith or others are guaranteed future whiz kids or guaranteed home run hitters should probably temper their expectations.

McCloughan was always a high risk high reward hire. Having failed twice in two previous front offices due to his personal challenges, the idea that he was going to come into DC and suddenly overcome all that was probably wishful thinking. As far as his picks go, there were some decent ones made during his tenure with the Redskins, but I don't see any way you can gloss over a number of miscalculations. He came nowhere near his previous success in talent evaluation.

I'm still amazed that the majority of Redskins fans still seem to blame the team for his failures.

It's easy to blame the ‘Skins as an organization when Snyder has screwed up so badly and publicly, on *and* off the field. The McLovin thing shouldn't have been a shock or something to pin on Danny Boy, though. He flamed out with two other teams because he couldn't lay off the sauce, but his departure from here is somehow not anything to do with himself?

I'm not going to get myself too worked up over a hammy. Other than the fact that he's probably more prone to that injury not having gone 'full speed' for a year, not sure there's anything any more ominous about it than it would be with any other player.

He may 'miss the beginning of training camp' but I suspect he'll be out there 100% before too long.

I choose to be optimistic in this case :)

This is exactly what I was thinking with the rehab from ACL surgery. I know I had issues with my back when I was rehabbing from my achilles.

My attitude on McCloughan has always included healthy skepticism. Just like Beathard in his day, he made some great picks in his time and also some extreme head scratchers. We should always be wary of the supposed 'wunderkind'. That's why those who think Kevin O'Connell or Kyle Smith or others are guaranteed future whiz kids or guaranteed home run hitters should probably temper their expectations.

McCloughan was always a high risk high reward hire. Having failed twice in two previous front offices due to his personal challenges, the idea that he was going to come into DC and suddenly overcome all that was probably wishful thinking. As far as his picks go, there were some decent ones made during his tenure with the Redskins, but I don't see any way you can gloss over a number of miscalculations. He came nowhere near his previous success in talent evaluation.

I'm still amazed that the majority of Redskins fans still seem to blame the team for his failures.

He didn't fail in the 2 previous stints...he was fired because of his drinking, but was a major part of building 2 winning franchises, one winning a Super Bowl with much of the talent he selected in a short window, the other almost winning it with talent he'd built over a longer period of time. He succeeded in both so much so, that he still earns a great living today as a consultant, based off those successes.

I know I was very high on him even before he came here...like you said, he was high risk v. high reward. When I saw him minimizing his drinking again...I began to be concerned, rightfully so. His picks are his failures in DC.

I remember posting an image of him with his bloated, extremely red face, thinking...his drinking is getting bad. I knew it was over for him then. Not long after we started hearing about the tensions between he and Bruce. I am not blaming Bruce and Dan, but there could never be 3 alpha dogs in the FO.

It was doomed for failure here, but his time in San Fran and Seattle are marked by brilliance for both teams, even with his personal demons.

He didn't fail in the 2 previous stints...he was fired because of his drinking, but was a major part of building 2 winning franchises, one winning a Super Bowl with much of the talent he selected in a short window, the other almost winning it with talent he'd built over a longer period of time. He succeeded in both so much so, that he still earns a great living today as a consultant, based off those successes.

That's true - that probably wasn't the best choice of words. On the other hand - getting fired isn't the goal when you take a job. So while his picks in those stints built his reputation, ultimately it was his inability to manage his personal demons that defined him. And while it's true he managed to have success in player picks even while struggling personally in his first two opportunities, he certainly wasn't able to manage it in DC. His tenure was a total failure.

That's true - that probably wasn't the best choice of words. On the other hand - getting fired isn't the goal when you take a job. So while his picks in those stints built his reputation, ultimately it was his inability to manage his personal demons that defined him. And while it's true he managed to have success in player picks even while struggling personally in his first two opportunities, he certainly wasn't able to manage it in DC. His tenure was a total failure.

And I admit, the stint he had in DC was complete failure. And...if he'd been put in Bruce's place and Bruce had been fired, I'm afraid his state of mind would have made it even worse for us. He was out of control.

But we measure success in the NFL by wins/losses...of course unless you're Dan Snyder. He measures success on the bottom line, only. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.