• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Okay what's everyone's first round board look like? Here's my somewhat realistic look at players I'd love for the skins to take at 15. That's if said person falls to us.

Drew Lock-QB...Let him sit a year behind Keenum and learn, 2020 he's the starter for 4 years minimum, 10-15 best case scenario
DK Metcalf-WR...Would give us something we've been lacking since...forever. A true #1
Greedy Williams-CB/FS...This kid is talented enough to plant his ass at FS for the next 6 years and then fahgettaboutit
Devin White-ILB...The speed he possesses would open up new schemes for the d-coordinators, and make that unit downright nasty
Clelin Ferrell-OLB...Steps directly in for the departed Preston, only this guy gives opposing qb's more to worry about than Smith ever did
TJ Hockenson-TE...Makes El happy, gives the qb a great option and opens up the opposing D lanes for our rb's
Cody Ford-G/T...Gives us a more than solid backup swing lineman and future LG, our weakest link on the o-line

Last edited:

Okay what's everyone's first round board look like? Here's my somewhat realistic look at players I'd love for the skins to take at 15. That's if said person falls to us.

Drew Lock-QB...Let him sit a year behind Keenum and learn, 2020 he's the starter for 4 years minimum, 10-15 best case scenario
DK Metcalf-WR...Would give us something we've been lacking since...forever. A true #1
Greedy Williams-CB/FS...This kid is talented enough to plant his ass at FS for the next 6 years and then fahgettaboutit
Devin White-ILB...The speed he possesses would open up new schemes for the d-coordinators, and make that unit downright nasty
Clelin Ferrell-OLB...Steps directly in for the departed Preston, only this guy gives opposing qb's more to worry about than Smith ever did
TJ Hockenson-TE...Makes El happy, gives the qb a great option and opens up the opposing D lanes for our rb's
Cody Ford-G/T...Gives us a more than solid backup swing lineman and future LG, our weakest link on the o-line

I don't expect Devin White to make it to 15. Even Devin Bush is now projected to go around 11 or 12 by many.
TJ Hockenson will probably be gone as well. My guess is that Drew Lock will be gone.
Barring any others being taken, that leaves Metcalf, Ferrell, Greedy Williams and Cody Ford. I would look hard for trade down offers.
If none were available do you look at what position is richer in then next 2 rounds? Example, if you are confident you can get a very good olineman in round 2, do you bump one of your other players above Cody Ford. Same thing with Receiver.
Does Clelin Ferrell have the speed you are looking for, or is he just an edge setter/mauler?
The more I watch Greedy Williams, the more I like.

Hi everyone.

It is a very tough week for me physically and emotionally. There will be no mocks from me this week, but each of you can help me out.

Please post your mocks and let's see what each of you is thinking. I know it would help to boost my spirits.

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone.

It is a very tough week for me physically and emotionally. There will be no mocks from me this week, but each of you can help me out.

Please post your mocks and let's see what each of you is thinking. I know it would help to boost my spirits.

Thanks everyone.

Whatever you are going through, I hope you get to enjoy some needed rest. Tune the negative stuff out and find some peaceful r&r.

It sounds like Jay may be more involved now in personnel moves. Maybe he sees a qb we can take in the mid rounds. This will hopefully let us fill some of our many needs early in the draft.

Nothing negative - just some very trying moments. Everything here is fine, but life for me elsewhere is a struggle right now.

Thanks, brother.

I don't expect Devin White to make it to 15. Even Devin Bush is now projected to go around 11 or 12 by many.
TJ Hockenson will probably be gone as well. My guess is that Drew Lock will be gone.
Barring any others being taken, that leaves Metcalf, Ferrell, Greedy Williams and Cody Ford. I would look hard for trade down offers.
If none were available do you look at what position is richer in then next 2 rounds? Example, if you are confident you can get a very good olineman in round 2, do you bump one of your other players above Cody Ford. Same thing with Receiver.
Does Clelin Ferrell have the speed you are looking for, or is he just an edge setter/mauler?
The more I watch Greedy Williams, the more I like.

The supersonic inside lb's will definitely be gone by our pick. Unless Bruce starts a negative rumor about weed or something to make him slide. I'm thinking the gnats or Broncos will grab Lock, could see gnats grabbing Metcalf to replace OBJ as well. I would LOVE if we picked Cody Ford, though the Flowers signing gives us a few round leeway for a LG. More of a big ugly want than a need. In my mind we need a long term LG and swing lineman both this year. Mid rounds are fine as long as he's a mauler. Honestly I see maybe 1 or 2 from my board that will actually be there when it's our turn. Agree 100% that trading down would be the best route

Ferrell seems to be a quick step mauler that gets effort sacks like Kerrigan too. Throw him on the line with the Bama guys and we're cooking with gas.

The only “burning” he's ever felt since getting hired is when he pees.

Aren't we the only team seriously interested in Rosen? Our second 3rd rounder should be plenty then i'd imagine

Edit: Disregard, seems a 2nd rounder or better is what they're seeking. According to this site we're not even in the hunt. Meh, who knows for sure

https://nypost.com/2019/03/27/giants-among-three-teams-in-hunt-for-josh-rosen-ex-qb/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.