• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

They supposedly won't take less than a first round pick. I don't think that's surprising given they used the 10th pick on him less than a year ago.Hard to tell if the Redskins value him highly. But if they do, he's worth our first. I might offer the 2nd and a 3rd and see if that would get it done.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

I'd offer Jordan Reed. NE has a vacancy with Gronk's retirement, but Belichick likes TE's who can block.

Word is the Giants are now a possible landing spot for Rosen and they have much more too give for him. It'd be interesting if they would give up the #17 or their early pick for him.

Looks like our acquisition of Rosen might have just gotten too expensive. Not sure if I want to give up a 1st round pick for him...a 2nd and a player like Jordan Reed could do it, but...

Thing is, no one really knows if Rosen will be a boom or bust QB - just like no one really knows whether any of the QBs available in this draft will be. Folks have their opinions, but it's really uncertain. I've probably studied the QBs available in this draft more than in any previous year - and I still have no idea which ones are going to make it.

Way I see it, it's win-win for the Redskins. There are fewer teams needing QBs this draft than usual, and if the Giants overpay for Rosen, that's fewer draft picks they've got to use elsewhere, and takes them out of the QB hunt in the draft. As long as the Redskins don't do something stupid and give up the farm for Rosen, and resist the urge to make some mega move up, we should be in good shape.

The fact that it was leaked that they have been offered a 2nd for Rosen tells me it's either a late 2nd or only a 3rd. They are just trying to drive up the price. It's just my opinion but I think teams will always leak that they are being offered more than they really are offered to try to drive up the price. If a team really wants him, they'd up the offer. As for the Redskins, I'd still not offer more than a 3rd and if that's not good enough, then move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today, we bring you the latest guest mock of the off-season and it comes from a Redskins fan/pundit/analyst/draft expert – Steve Shoup of On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator and parent site, Fanspeak, where he the owner/operator (along with his sister, Megan). He is also a contributor to Hogs Haven with occasional articles. When the season ends for the Redskins, Steve is suddenly very busy with constant updates to the simulator nearly every day until the draft occurs. He provides detailed insights on the Redskins via social media and you can catch him cheering for the DC area sports teams.

I contacted Steve early last week and he enthusiastically accepted the invitation to share a mock with us for a second straight year. After reading his mock last night, I was very impressed with the picks and the detailed scouting reports. He understands the game and knows what the Redskins need. We're grateful that Steve has shared some of his vast knowledge with us today.

BBQ will have one more guest mock next week and we will certainly bring it back next year. It became a popular feature last year and now we can safely say that it is a nice addition to the BBQ off-season blog.

In this mock from Steve, he looks across the college football landscape for several prospects that could help the Redskins become a better team. I enjoyed looking at his mock and I hope you will enjoy it as well.

Be sure to follow him on twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Steveospeak
You can find On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator at:
https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/
You can find Fanspeak at:
https://fanspeak.com/
You can find Hogs Haven at:
https://www.hogshaven.com/

Without any further delays, let's take a look at Steve's mock.

Steve's Seven Round Mock:

Rd 1: Pick 15- QB Drew Lock, Missouri
While it's tough to definitely predict that a QB will still be there at 15, it's possible that one is still available for Jay Gruden. Lock appears the most likely quarterback to still be available, and according to Gruden is the most capable quarterback to make an impact this season. Lock has the chance to be a top 10 QB in the future, but will have plenty of growing pains early on in his career. His arm talent is special, but he needs to improve his downfield accuracy and timing.

Rd 2: Pick 46- WR N'Keal Harry, Arizona State
The Redskins arguably have the weakest receiver corps in the league currently and the future doesn't look much brighter as Josh Doctson enters his last season under team control. Doctson has been a disappointment thus far, but he was still the Redskins best returning receiver from a year ago. Harry gives the Redskins a potential replacement for Doctson and a future number 1 receiver on the team. Hopefully, he can grow with Lock to form a nice connection for years to come.

Rd 3: Pick 76- S Juan Thornhill, Virginia
With the signing of Landon Collins, the Redskins added a major boost to their secondary, but they are still missing a free safety to complement him. Thornhill is the perfect option to pair with Collins as he is at his best when he's allowed to be a true free safety and play deep. Thornhill has great ball skills and should make an impact early in his career. He might go in the late 2nd round, but it's definitely possible he lasts this long.

Rd 3: Pick 96- EDGE Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion
The biggest free agent loss of the offseason for the Redskins was EDGE rusher Preston Smith. While Smith never developed into the 10+ sack a season pass rusher the Redskins were hoping for, he consistently offered quality pressure to bookend Ryan Kerrigan. Without Smith, the Redskins pass rush is likely to take a step back this season, as Ryan Anderson hasn't shown the ability to generate any decent level of pass rush. Ximines is a nice 3rd RD target as a speed rusher, who has shown he can get after the QB. He's pretty raw overall, but he's should be at least a situational pass rusher.

Rd 5: Pick 153- G Ben Powers, Oklahoma
The Redskins appear to be going with Ereck Flowers as their top LG option for this season, so it would be wise to add some quality depth to the position. Powers lacks a strong athletic profile, but his play on the field speaks for itself. Powers was a 3 year starter at Oklahoma and a 1st team All-Big 12 guard this past season. He also showed well at the Senior Bowl and has starting ability despite this athletic concerns. At the very least he will be a quality back-up option for the Redskins.

Rd 5: Pick 173- WR Hunter Renfrow, Clemson
The Redskins are going to go with Trey Quinn as their starting slot receiver this season, but they should still consider options in the draft. Quinn looks to be a coaching favorite, but he was injured most of the season, and the Redskins will be desperate for a capable slot receiver to move the chains this year. Renfrow is a slot only receiver, but he's extremely good in that area. Despite lacking size or elite athletic talent, he finds ways to get open and make plays.

Rd 6: Pick 206- RB Bryce Love, Stanford
Love entered this season as one of the top running back prospects in the country, but after a down year and an ACL injury in December, his draft stock has taken a serious hit. While his first season might need to be spent on IR, Love still has quality upside if he returns to health. He's an explosive back, who could be a major threat out of the backfield and fill the role of Chris Thompson going forward. Love and Guice have the potential to be a devastating RB duo going forward and could be the centerpiece of the Redskins offense.

Rd 7: Pick 227- C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
Pierschbacher is a four year starter at guard and center for the Crimson Tide, and is known for being a technician. He is undersized and doesn't show a lot of power (which is why he's likely a later Day 3 pick), but he's smart and gets the most out of his ability. He has some starting potential, but at the very least offers a very capable interior back-up option.

Rd 7: Pick 253- TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College
The Redskins could use a more blocking focused TE going forward and this draft should have some interesting options on Day 3. Jordan Reed is still a quality receiving threat, but the Redskins saw Vernon Davis take a step back last year. Jeremy Sprinkle has been okay, but hasn't done much as a blocker. Sweeney could find his way into the line-up as a rookie as an inline blocking option in two TE sets. His upside is limited, but the Redskins could use some competition and youth for this position at the bottom of their roster.

BBQ's Thoughts:

Thanks to Steve Shoup for all of his research and a superb look at what the Redskins could do in the draft. He put a lot of thought and work to this mock – thank you, Steve. Feel free to comment on any aspect of what he mocked to the Redskins.

BBQ will have two mocks next week and continuing updates on prospects. We will have one more guest mock as well.

Again, be sure to follow Steve on twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Steveospeak
You can find On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator at:
https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/
You can find Fanspeak at:
https://fanspeak.com/
You can find Hogs Haven at:
https://www.hogshaven.com/

Good for him trying to get ahead of this, but it is definitely going to be a major concern in the eyes of NFL GM's.

As it should...you want consistency from any player you choose, especially at that level, but I doubt he drops as far as some are saying.

If he fell to us in the 2nd round, I gotta think he'd be worth it...and that's coming from a Seminole!

This mock draft from Matt millers big board on fan speak
15: R1P15
EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT MISSISSIPPI STATE46: R2P14
TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

76: R3P12
G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

96: R3P32
WR MECOLE HARDMAN
GEORGIA

153: R5P15
LB JOSIAH TAUAEFA
UTSA

173: R5P35
LB TJ EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

206: R6P33
CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

227: R7P13
G NATE DAVIS
UNC-CHARLOTTE

253: R7P39
WR JAMAL CUSTIS
SYRACUSE

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is it just me or does Davis look way bigger than he used to 😳 <a href="https://t.co/Mm0gzBExV5">pic.twitter.com/Mm0gzBExV5</a></p>— Eraseme (@PeckinsMatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeckinsMatt/status/1110733744560701440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Robert Davis been working,coming back from injury! Can't wait to see him in camp/preseason this year......

Damn I wish we had 2 first rounders. Metcalf would be one of them

Then we could make Doctson play TE or kick his ass off the team.

Damn I wish we had 2 first rounders. Metcalf would be one of them

Then we could make Doctson play TE or kick his ass off the team.

Why are you so high on Metcalf? The kid has bust written all over him. 1st round WR is not what we need right now...more talent along the lines is what we need, be it a DE, LG, or a TE...maybe a ILB if one is available.

Why are you so high on Metcalf? The kid has bust written all over him. 1st round WR is not what we need right now...more talent along the lines is what we need, be it a DE, LG, or a TE...maybe a ILB if one is available.

I'm high on life hussie mouth!

I want him as a skin because we have nobody on our receiving corp that opposing teams give a hoot about. This kid is big, 6' 4" 230 lbs and he plays like it. Dude caught 2 passes in 2016, both were td's. Pretty much guaranteeing double coverage.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4047650/dk-metcalf

Agree wholeheartedly on the TE and LG upgrades though, both need fixed this draft. As for DE I'm not so sure Bruce hits D-line early again. Besides if Allen is any indication of the progression, Payne & Settle will go apeshit this year. Plus, it's Ion's contract year so he'll go nuts too.

Okay, using my in-depth knowledge of college football (nonexistent), blind luck (eaten up with it), and dreamy blues eyes, here's is the mock I did on Walk The Draft.

1. T.J. Hockenson TE Iowa.
Makes El very happy. And if he's happy, everybody's happy.

2. Andre Dillard OT Washington St.
Big uglies win Championships. Unlike Bulldog, I don't believe he needs to start day one.

3. Will Grier QB West Virginia
Need a young QB to groom. All college QB's are a 50/50 shot. Worth a shot here.

3. Ben Powers G Oklahoma
Big uglies win Championships.

5.Ben Banogu Edge Texas Christian
Raw potential. Why the hell not?

5. Antione Wesley WR Texas Tech
Big, strong, top end speed. Willing blocker in run game. Hopefully out to prove he should have gone sooner.

6. Darius Slayton WR Auburn
Young and fast.

7. Jordan Jones LB Kentucky
Special teams?

7. Mile Boykin WR Notre Dame
Big, fast, young, and hungry.

I'm loving these mocks! Keep 'em coming!

I hate to admit it, but last season was the first season I pretty much gave up on my Seminoles. I do not like Taggard, so I didn't get to see Burns play as much as I should have.

With that said, I know the kid well enough from all I've seen on him that if we do go edge rusher, I think he would be the best available at our draft poistion. I would not be upset if we drafted him at 15. I'd rather have him than Metcalf. That Win4us dude is craaaazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.