• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2019

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

Go Bulls!!!

If Goff had the pleasure of McVay his rookie year, I doubt he'd have been the miserable failure he was under Jeff Fischer, a poor head coach.

From July 9.

There are some social media links from the past week (a few were posted on the previous page).

Redskins media has been in a dormant phase for a few weeks now and the pace will pick up just a bit this week as we get closer to training camp. By next weekend, the pace will increase a little more. BBQ will post relevant links over the next seven days.

The following week will see the pace accelerate to top speed as training camp opens on Thursday (25th). If you can't catch updates during the day over the next seven weeks, just take some time in the evening to look at what has been posted.

BBQ may miss a story or two during camp and preseason, so be sure to post it here or in any other relevant thread at BGO.

The mid summer doldrums are about to end and the pace will be intense for a few final weeks of the off-season blog. Injuries will occur. Surprise cuts will happen. A trade is possible. Adding another free agent or two could happen. Surprises will shock some of us when the final roster of fifty-three is revealed. Strap in and pull those belts tight one more time. It is going to be a crazy ride.

After the roster is determined and the final preseason game is played, this blog will fade into the history books and the new in-season blog will be posted.

BBQ will have another dedication as we did last year. It's not what you may think. It's different and I believe it is something that has affected all of us over the years. BBQ will not have a dedication every year. It's just coincidental that we would have this occur two years in a row.

See you as we go along.

Will he be ready for 2020?

Starting to piss me off a little - because you know they've offered him a big deal. You're not a QB Scherff.

I can forgive the FO for the whole Cousins fiasco. We had a chance to have a quality starting QB for years, and squandered it away when we had the chance to get him on the cheap. But he is proving he will always be a middle of the road QB in the NFL, so we're seeing 19 million a year that we could have had him sign was still a lot for his services.

But if they screw the pooch on Scherff, I just may have to completely give up on them. It's bad enough Gruden and Bruce Allen still have jobs.

As in any contract negotiation - there are two parties involved. You can't pay a lineman like a QB - I don't care how good he is. They will have other critical guys to pay going forward and there are only so many huge contracts you can carry and retain most of your desired guys.

I think they'll make him a hell of an offer but if he's expecting insane money he may end up franchises and we may ultimately lose him. Just as with Cousins, if a guy only wants to get paid by the highest bidder, it's always going to be tough to retain him. It's not a Redskins problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.