Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3209

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Re: Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

I'd say no thanks. Rather get as high a pick, or 2, as possible and roll the dice. Clowney's had some impressive games.
    But his career hasn't been "all that", has it?
    0 1 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Re: Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

What would you guys think of a straight up swap of Clowney and TW? Clowney is a beast, but a) do we really need help at DE/LB and b) whose playing time is he going to usurp?

My concern? The Texans feel we have to sweeten the deal with players or picks. Afterall, Clowney is only 26 and he was the first pick in the 2014 draft. I hope we don't bite at something like that. It's about time we took advantage of someone else's need for a change
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    I'd say no thanks. Rather get as high a pick, or 2, as possible and roll the dice. Clowney's had some impressive games.
    But his career hasn't been "all that", has it?
    He is a tackling machine, is getting to the QB 2-3 times a game and averages about 9 sacks and several forced fumbles a year. Our pass rush would be something to fear with him. He has only played one full season (calling Bulldog, calling Bulldog...) so that would be a minor concern. I would rather find a team that's willing to give us their starting left tackle in a swap along with a player or picks.
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    He is a tackling machine, is getting to the QB 2-3 times a game and averages about 9 sacks and several forced fumbles a year. Our pass rush would be something to fear with him. He has only played one full season (calling Bulldog, calling Bulldog...) so that would be a minor concern. I would rather find a team that's willing to give us their starting left tackle in a swap along with a player or picks.
    And yet Houston is willing to get rid of him?
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

If it's straight up Trent for Clown then hell yeah we should do that. Think of Ryan, Clowney and Sweat all in on 3rd and long, our defense would feast on qb's like a pack of wolves.

If that can't happen we go with the next best deal, which should be a 1st rounder or equivalent to a 1st.

Last edited by Win4us; 08-24-19 at 01:54 AM.
    0 1 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So why does Houston not want him?

Would it be a headcase for headcase trade?
    One greedy malcontent for another?

Why?
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fun to fantasize..and yea we want parity or better. That said:

1. Gotta think about downstream cap management....unless we're thinking a rental player for a year or two.

2. We haven't seen much from Sweat yet- yup, I know he was nicked and hasn't played much. Point being we don't know yet where one of our first round picks sits. If he turns out to be great....you don't want to sit him on the bench more than his on-field value merits due to a rotation.

3. What's the optimization function here? Best player regardless of position? Best replacement at same position (LT in this case)? Best plus-up to the offensive line? Best plus-up to the secondray or LBs? More position targeted such as best TE offered? Increased high end draft picks next year?

The primary problem is that if a team is trading for our LT what does that say about their current LT were it a straight up exchange?

I''d shoot for nothing less than a number two to replace the one traded last draft and perhaps a quality ST player or o-line depth.
    0 2 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Very good article. Have a look.

0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Fun to fantasize..and yea we want parity or better. That said:

1. Gotta think about downstream cap management....unless we're thinking a rental player for a year or two.

2. We haven't seen much from Sweat yet- yup, I know he was nicked and hasn't played much. Point being we don't know yet where one of our first round picks sits. If he turns out to be great....you don't want to sit him on the bench more than his on-field value merits due to a rotation.

3. What's the optimization function here? Best player regardless of position? Best replacement at same position (LT in this case)? Best plus-up to the offensive line? Best plus-up to the secondray or LBs? More position targeted such as best TE offered? Increased high end draft picks next year?

The primary problem is that if a team is trading for our LT what does that say about their current LT were it a straight up exchange?

I''d shoot for nothing less than a number two to replace the one traded last draft and perhaps a quality ST player or o-line depth.
    We've reportedly (and I believe the report) already turned down the Pats 2020 1st rounder. That lets you know how much the team values Trent and it's a good sign that if we do trade him, we're going to get significant value.

I don't think you can look at a player swap and conclude that 'there must be something wrong with the guy if they want to trade him'. It's about perceived team need and assessment of talent (which can vary). I mean - was there something wrong with Portis when Denver let him go?

I have no opinion on Clowney, other than that we are already pretty solid there and I'd prefer we shore up a weaker area if we're going player for player swap (OL, WR?)...
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Twitter rumors crazy out there. 10 teams have inquired about Clowney (reportedly), Stephon Diggs to Skins has some heat. Latest is Tunsil (1st round OT from Miami).

My fantasy deal - 3 team trade - Skins get Tunsil, Trent goes to Houston, Houston sends Clowney to Miami.

Make it happen.

Little voice inside my head instead bracing for return of Josh LeRibeus and a 7th round pick
    0 2 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

That little voice in your head actually makes some sense here.

Ok, need to go and wash my hands.
    0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Here is my latest roster prediction this afternoon. I'll post the list here. If you click on the link, it will give you some explanations. But please click on the link even if you don't want to go through all three pages - it's good for business.

0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We've reportedly (and I believe the report) already turned down the Pats 2020 1st rounder. That lets you know how much the team values Trent and it's a good sign that if we do trade him, we're going to get significant value.

I don't think you can look at a player swap and conclude that 'there must be something wrong with the guy if they want to trade him'. It's about perceived team need and assessment of talent (which can vary). I mean - was there something wrong with Portis when Denver let him go?

I have no opinion on Clowney, other than that we are already pretty solid there and I'd prefer we shore up a weaker area if we're going player for player swap (OL, WR?)...
    Not exactly what I posted. The specific context was LT for LT. And yes, it would be worse for better. Otherwise, we are in agreement - value for value.

Btw..three ways have appeal in many contexts! :-) Unless one is married it goes without saying (I just said).

I only see Trent having high value to a team that believes a SB run/deep playoffs is in the near future. He's likely a short-term addition.
    Last edited by fansince62; 08-24-19 at 09:58 PM.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Not exactly what I posted. The specific context was LT for LT. And yes, it would be worse for better. Otherwise, we are in agreement - value for value.
    Sorry - should've quoted him - that was directed at Brother Ax...
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry - should've quoted him - that was directed at Brother Ax...
    I have a curt style Boone - but I have learned not to take posts personally. Part of the give and take brother. I will work harder to have a smoother style.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Air Force

FWIW Clowney being traded is imminent, only question now is if skins are involved.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...h1wvfis7smgdny
    0 1 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Eagles reportedly in the mix. Let's hope that doesn't happen. I'm not sold that's where the Redskins attention should be. We are positioned pretty well there. Much rather us go after a difference-making WR or OL help.
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Certainly no surprise, but Gruden names Case Keenum his starter today.
    0 1 0 0

You ain't bonafide

NFL Pickem Champion 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Certainly no surprise, but Gruden names Case Keenum his starter today.
    michael-corleone.jpg It's the smart move
    0 3 0 0