• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Swearinger released

**** DJ. His being a little vocal early on, wasn't a bad thing. But he got progressively worse with it, as did his play on the field. Funny how that works sometime. Bitchin' and moanin' falls on deaf ears when you're not making your own plays. My guess is he was losing popularity with too many team members.

Besides, like Boone said, we're the 4th team to say goodbye to him.

We need Troy Apke (sp), Bulldogs favorite draft pick from last year, to make the FO look good next season. Even all the FO haters should be rooting for that.

Don't forget about Adonis Alexander. He played safety at VT and he might develop also.

Everyone has their own opinion. If you believe Casserly or Mike Jones, DJ is a clown and headcase.

According to a person w knowledge of the situation, Swearinger had been instructed repeatedly during his time w Skins to stop airing criticisms of teammates or coaches, but he continued to do so. After Saturday, team felt like enough was enough.

Check out @ByMikeJones's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ByMikeJones/status/1077317357553496064?s=09

Others like Trent Williams can't understand the decision.

And then others are calling the FO a joke.

Man look...I always been quiet about the Skins because anytime you speak negatively about a team you used to play for, people assume you're salty. But damn...that front office is a circus. Good players...bad org.

I met a lot of good people within the org during my time there. But for the most part, the way the shot callers handle shit is just off. Coming from the broncos to the skins was such a culture shock. Night and day.

Check out @NachoLyfe's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NachoLyfe/status/1077328863422644224?s=09

Take your pick.

My only issue serious with the move is Gruden has been too soft for too long and this is really just a saving face effort. DJ is a clown and his foolishness needed to be done in-house to have any kind of affect at all. Have your opinions. Have your own words, fine, but a player who over-values himself this much and airs his dirty laundry is someone that no winning team will want hanging around.

I really couldn't care what Duke Ihenacho thinks. We know the FO is an absolute mess and disaster. It doesn't make DJ a poet laureate. What DJ did was unacceptable, but this should have been handled weeks ago and other players needed the hammer put down. It's too late for Norval Jr to be taken seriously.

I'll tell you what...if I were the Rams, I would sign him immediately. Their secondary is in shambles, and by the time they play after the bye, he'd be mostly up to par with Wade's defense.

Whoever gets him, I would not be a bit surprised if he played a big part in a championship run.

Looks like we get another season of the same leadership across the board. Allen, Gruden, & Manusky.

while I do agree that dj is on his 4th team, its very telling that suddenly seevral other former skins are speaking up on the mess that is our FO. and the way a strong team handles guys like dj is different than how we did, by waiting so long, we looked like we are overreacting, this should have been nipped in the bud months ago. btw DJ isnt the only player to comment on how easy our practices are compared to some other teams

This organization is so mental I swear. He was one of our bests and we are going to let another team snatch him up for free and he will take them to the playoffs. Im so angry.

I agree. He was an asset that we gave up for free. Bench him and try a trade.

I'll tell you what...if I were the Rams, I would sign him immediately. Their secondary is in shambles, and by the time they play after the bye, he'd be mostly up to par with Wade's defense.

Whoever gets him, I would not be a bit surprised if he played a big part in a championship run.

Ex-Redskin DB's seem to end up in KC...Amerson, Fuller, Scandrick.
I'm sure DJ would love to be re-united with his buddy Kendall. And there's a championship run in there too, maybe

Ex-Redskin DB's seem to end up in KC...Amerson, Fuller, Scandrick.
I'm sure DJ would love to be re-united with his buddy Kendall. And there's a championship run in there too, maybe

They just got Eric Berry back, so I doubt they'd make a run at him. But he'll be on a team by the end of business Wednesday.

"It's not rocket science why I wasn't captain," Swearinger told the show. "I'm a vocal guy, passionate guy that wants to win. If the coaches feel I'm too smart or a weapon as far as my smarts are concerned ... they got to release the guy that has knowledge or has respect in the locker room I guess."

Legend in his own mind

Captains don't air their laundry publicly.

Holy crap, this is some funny stuff right here.

My friend got her son this jersey for Christmas...

48418048_10218064832721018_7646088736698007552_n.jpg

Oh well. Giving Redskins jerseys as gifts is a tricky business and has been for more than twenty years now.

Yep... a team heading to the Super Bowl.

My only issue serious with the move is Gruden has been too soft for too long and this is really just a saving face effort. DJ is a clown and his foolishness needed to be done in-house to have any kind of affect at all. Have your opinions. Have your own words, fine, but a player who over-values himself this much and airs his dirty laundry is someone that no winning team will want hanging around.

I really couldn't care what Duke Ihenacho thinks. We know the FO is an absolute mess and disaster. It doesn't make DJ a poet laureate. What DJ did was unacceptable, but this should have been handled weeks ago and other players needed the hammer put down. It's too late for Norval Jr to be taken seriously.

I found in my time in the military that it's easier to come into someplace new, be a dick, then lighten up if you can, rather than come in soft and have to turn into a dick. The latter just doesn't work very well and Gruden is finding that out the hard way.

I found in my time in the military that it's easier to come into someplace new, be a dick, then lighten up if you can, rather than come in soft and have to turn into a dick. The latter just doesn't work very well and Gruden is finding that out the hard way.

I think that's a true statement, but I think it goes beyond military environments.
In a majority of environments, when it comes to being a "dick", it's better to start out hard, and then go soft, than to start out soft and end up hard.

Well, there IS one personal place, that that isn't true. But rather it's the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.