• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Swearinger released

That's why I don't waste any time fretting/bitchin/moanin about Snyder.

Besides, if Jerry Jones, aka GM/Head Coach can get a team into the playoffs, so can Snyder and, whoever.
Just needs more luck, I guess.

I thought Guice had an ACL in college.

Regardless, Thompson, Lauvao, Kelley, Richardson, Reed are annual IR candidates.

And Scherff has missed significant time as well.

But that is where depth comes in.

Knowing that Lauvao and Scherff have both been injured one would think the team would have drafted a young OG to understudy.

Instead we essentially kept 3 centers in Rouillier, Bergstrom and Dunn and made believe they could move over to guard in case of an injury.

Then when the injuries hit we releasedDunn almost immediately to sign a guard off the street.

Again, bottom line what bothers me here is roster construction.

How did we end up with no natural guards in reserve but 3 centers?

It's the same situation on defense where we went into the year with only rookie low picks and undrafted free agents behind Dunbar and Norman at CB.

We misidentified Scandrick as a veteran who could help us and never replaced him.

No offense Al but if you look at the teams IR lists there just isn't much comparison. The Eagles have 12 on their list while the Skins have 23 today and those 23 include our #1 and #2 QB, #1 and #2 RB, #1 RG, #1 LG, and #1 TE. That doesn't include Richardson or Dunbar in the list either as I didn't know what number to put in front of them but they were both starters.

Bubba...if memory serves the fecals have lost their all-pro left tackle, their entire secondary to injury through the season and...their starting QB has had issues as well. Have they been scintillating? no. Did they beat us? yes. We all watched that game. They simply played harder/wanted it more.

I'm not discounting the impact of injuries. They have been significant. I just don't think the outcome would have been that much different had there many been many fewer injuries. The roster was always weak on offense.

As for defense, I had more hope than Bulldog for the secondary based on what I saw in preseason. In the end, Bulldog has it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just gets old when a lot of the same guys get hurt each year after the coaches spend weeks talking them up over the summer.

No way Gibbs continues to depend upon oft injured players who can't stand up to the rigors of the 16 game schedule repeatedly.

Every player has injuries at some time or during a particular season but when the same guys continue to go out of the lineup by Game 6 or 7 each year you have to re-evaluate their NFL readiness.

We don't do that.

So, do we now go into the offseason once again depending upon Thompson, Reed and Richardson on offense?

Or do we get smart and work to build a better core group that can stay on the field?

Do we finally find a starting LG who can stay healthy and bring in depth for the OL that doesn't depend upon 3 natural centers to move around and cover 2-3 positions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.