A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

    Join Date
    11-18-12
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Cuts don’t factor in with comp picks right?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

  2. #42
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,240
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Win4us View Post
    Cuts don’t factor in with comp picks right?
    No, they do not.
    and Yes, you are right.
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 12-26-18 at 12:30 AM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    well...I'ld laugh......but I've seen this sitcom one time too many!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #44
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,240
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    well...I'ld laugh......but I've seen this sitcom one time too many!
    but you have to laugh...to keep from crying.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  5. #45
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,391
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Turns out the Packers and Raiders also put in claim for Swearinger. Now I truly am befuddled by simply releasing him with just one game left in the season, and an opportunity to get something for him.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,667
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Turns out the Packers and Raiders also put in claim for Swearinger. Now I truly am befuddled by simply releasing him with just one game left in the season, and an opportunity to get something for him.
    That’s the only part of this I struggle to understand as well.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  7. #47
    NFL Pickem Champion 2017
    Join Date
    10-05-10
    Location
    Kernersville, NC
    Posts
    810
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    High Point

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Turns out the Packers and Raiders also put in claim for Swearinger. Now I truly am befuddled by simply releasing him with just one game left in the season, and an opportunity to get something for him.
    I agree. I don’t understand why they didn’t suspend him and try to trade him in the offseason. It’s 1 freaking week to wait. It’s not like it’s the week after the trade deadline and you have to keep him a few months. You hold him for another week, try to see if you can get anything for him, and if not you can cut him then. That is the sensible thing to do, but obviously the Redskins don’t do the sensible thing. They wanted to have an emotional reaction to show him who’s boss, and now everyone is laughing at them and other teams were waiting to scoop up a guy with talent.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #48
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,240
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    But yet a 4th rounder is given up for a safety to play half a season who won't be back next year.
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 12-26-18 at 12:31 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,667
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I agree. I don’t understand why they didn’t suspend him and try to trade him in the offseason. It’s 1 freaking week to wait. It’s not like it’s the week after the trade deadline and you have to keep him a few months. You hold him for another week, try to see if you can get anything for him, and if not you can cut him then. That is the sensible thing to do, but obviously the Redskins don’t do the sensible thing. They wanted to have an emotional reaction to show him who’s boss, and now everyone is laughing at them and other teams were waiting to scoop up a guy with talent.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    Why haven’t the mediots asked this question during the press conferences?


    Posted With Tapatalk
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  10. #50
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,240
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    All I can think of is maybe he was such a major headache and even cancer, that they just wanted to rid themselves of him as quick as possible, and owning him for just another week of play may have been a detriment to the team and its chemistry, in their eyes and their feelings.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  11. #51

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,864
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    That seems most likely, Fear.

    EDIT: If we just suspended him, wouldn't he then be able to file a grievance, and have the suspension put on hold pending a hearing?

    I don't really see much to get all worked up about. He's out of the building.
    Could be that the rest of the locker room wanted him gone, like right now.

    Anyway, **** him eternally.
    Next man up.
    Last edited by Ax; 12-26-18 at 01:39 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  12. #52

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Turns out the Packers and Raiders also put in claim for Swearinger. Now I truly am befuddled by simply releasing him with just one game left in the season, and an opportunity to get something for him.
    El, he was playing at a pro-bowl level, as you know. What was Swearinger doing but publicly demanding accountability? Oh yea, challenging the authority of a collective group of F-ups in the FO and ownership. That was his true sin. This draws attention away from just how bad this FO/ownership team of baffoons continues to be - no matter how short the respite. This team and its leadership CREATES these sort of people - not the other way around. It's so systemically f'd up in Redskin land that this becomes a regular behavioral trait. None of this is new. It was worse during the Shanahan years and before.

    It's not Swearinger...he's just a symptom of a sick, sick organization.
    0 1 0 0
     
     

  13. #53
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Two things.

    One. Swearinger was a legend in his own mind. I never saw a guy toot his own horn that much over a couple of weeks. Looks at more film than the coaches. Is a VERY smart player. Knows exactly what coverages to call on a regular basis, etc.

    He’s says he’s about winning but in truth he is a loser. Four teams in six years? Yeah, a core performer who teams can’t do without

    Two. Swearinger’s three public outbursts as well as those of Josh Norman and the BS by Mason Foster earlier in the season demonstrate the head coach isn’t universally respected in the locker room and there is a leadership void among the playing 45 as well.

    If Allen is telling Gruden whom to play on Sundays that isn’t surprising. Allen is too stupid to realize his interventions only undermine the credibility of the entire staff and FO.

    As far as the players go a team with any real leaders would have muffled Swearinger and Norman a long time ago.

    These guys have been here a couple of years and came in as free agents. They aren’t home grown. To see recent additions to a roster hold that much sway and feel invulnerable in the NFL is rare.

    Occasionally you see it with a franchise quarterback or veterans that have won big in the past but not guys like those on the Redskins.

    What’s telling is that Swearinger was cut by Gruden after his third public outburst while with Belichick or Reid he would likely have been cut after the first.
    0 3 0 0
     
     

  14. #54
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,391
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    El, he was playing at a pro-bowl level, as you know. What was Swearinger doing but publicly demanding accountability? Oh yea, challenging the authority of a collective group of F-ups in the FO and ownership. That was his true sin. This draws attention away from just how bad this FO/ownership team of baffoons continues to be - no matter how short the respite. This team and its leadership CREATES these sort of people - not the other way around. It's so systemically f'd up in Redskin land that this becomes a regular behavioral trait. None of this is new. It was worse during the Shanahan years and before.

    It's not Swearinger...he's just a symptom of a sick, sick organization.

    I don't believe I said anything about Swearinger, more about how fk'd up we are systematically. Compound that with the release LaFemina today, and it's just more of the same.

    Bottom line, this is all on Bruce Allen at this point. Vinny friggin Cerrato had a better record over his tenure here than Bruce does, and if Snyder cannot see that...he is now the problem. But I've been saying it for a couple years now...as long as Dan Snyder owns this team, we will never win another SB. In his 20 year tenure, we are the 5th worst team in the NFL. Let that sink in a moment.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  15. #55

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I don't believe I said anything about Swearinger, more about how fk'd up we are systematically. Compound that with the release LaFemina today, and it's just more of the same.

    Bottom line, this is all on Bruce Allen at this point. Vinny friggin Cerrato had a better record over his tenure here than Bruce does, and if Snyder cannot see that...he is now the problem. But I've been saying it for a couple years now...as long as Dan Snyder owns this team, we will never win another SB. In his 20 year tenure, we are the 5th worst team in the NFL. Let that sink in a moment.
    Not an attack brotha! I'm with you 100% on your analysis. I was springboarding off your post. Will have to change my approach!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  16. #56
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Well, Joe Gibbs helped the team and front office look more respectable.

    The poorer record under Bruce is in part due to his choice of head coach.

    Gruden like so many of the players is replacement level, no more.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  17. #57
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    11-17-10
    Location
    I live in the warmest city in the coldest province
    Posts
    2,678
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UTEP

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    swearinger was up and down but I would have taken him over gruden simply because this fo is terrible and so is this stafff
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  18. #58
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    12-20-13
    Posts
    61
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Two things.

    One. Swearinger was a legend in his own mind. I never saw a guy toot his own horn that much over a couple of weeks. Looks at more film than the coaches. Is a VERY smart player. Knows exactly what coverages to call on a regular basis, etc.
    True. Although McLoughan continually publicly suggested the Skins needed players with “attitude” and I’m pretty sure he liked a lot of cockiness. So that could have helped him and others land here.


    He’s says he’s about winning but in truth he is a loser. Four teams in six years? Yeah, a core performer who teams can’t do without

    Two. Swearinger’s three public outbursts as well as those of Josh Norman and the BS by Mason Foster earlier in the season demonstrate the head coach isn’t universally respected in the locker room and there is a leadership void among the playing 45 as well.

    ...

    What’s telling is that Swearinger was cut by Gruden after his third public outburst while with Belichick or Reid he would likely have been cut after the first.
    I think McLoughan encouraged “leaders” to step up with attitude in the locker room. Do I think it was encouraged by the FO in some degree.

    I also think Bellichick gets something for Swearinger in this situation. There are plenty of teams who would do what the Skins did though; most are home in January (some exceptions, like Dallas).

    This team had a pathetic year. Snyder is just too inept to hire the right people ultimately. I wonder if he’s friends with “JD” of the Knicks.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #59

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,667
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Swearinger released

    More than 20 guys on IR guys - for 2 years running. How many teams are playoff caliber or even .500 under those circumstances? Winning games is mostly about available roster talent. I hate our ownership and Front Office. But I’m not in favor of blowing up the coaching staff again. Just me.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boone; 12-27-18 at 07:44 AM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  20. #60
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,391
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: Swearinger released

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    More than 20 guys on IR guys - for 2 years running. How many teams are playoff caliber or even .500 under those circumstances? Winning games is mostly about available roster talent. I hate our ownership and Front Office. But I’m not in favor of blowing up the coaching staff again. Just me.


    Posted With Tapatalk
    I know there are many like you who forgive based on this fact, but it is a symptom of our FO.

    How many guys have we taken a flyer on in the past 10 years who came to us with injury concerns, but was a "steal" in the draft? How many free agents were brought in with injury histories? How many players were brought back after serious injury when it was obvious they'd lost a step, and could not stay on the field?

    Yes, fact is that 20 to IR is a staggering statistic but I think it's, at least in part, indicative of a poor FO.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Skins Quotes 7/29/18: D.J.Swearinger
    By Boone in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-18, 09:44 PM
  2. Redskins.com: 2017 Top Photos: D.J. Swearinger
    By BGO in forum Redskins News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-18, 11:37 AM
  3. Skins Quotes 8/1/17: Gruden, Swearinger
    By Boone in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-17, 07:29 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-17, 01:04 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •