• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What is your number one position of need(other than QB)?

OL, LB and secondary. QB needs to be there somewhere, but is there anyone even worth taking early? Tough part is you really wouldn't draft OL early unless there's a generation LT out there.

OL, LB and secondary. QB needs to be there somewhere, but is there anyone even worth taking early? Tough part is you really wouldn't draft OL early unless there's a generation LT out there.

I cannot remember how long ago it was, but San Fran drafted to OL in the mid-1st round in the same year and got years of productivity out of them. Iupati & Anthony Davis.

Both Pouncey brothers were drafted in the teen rounds, a center and a LG who converted to C in the NFL. Zach Martin was taken with the 16th pick.

I agree, we are not going to get Chris Samuels or Trent Williams outside a top 10 pick in the draft, but the G & C positions can definitely have 8-10 year career guys who are solid, if not even the best in the NFL.

There are 2 MLB's I have my eyes on.
Devin White. LSU
Devin Bush. Michigan

Either would be huge upgrades for us in my opinion

Man - it's hard to pick just one (and 'other than QB' is a helluva caveat :)) ...

I would have to go with either OL or LB. Obviously, we may have glaring needs at safety too, but unless a future HOFer is available, not a fan of picking safeties early. Am I the only one who thinks great corners are overrated? Of all the positions on the defense, for me, 'shutdown' top-rated CBs rarely have the impact on a defense that we think they do. I'd much rather have a dominating LB, or even a super-talented big ugly on the DL. If you are powerful up front, all of a sudden a flawed defensive backfield can start looking pretty good. I also think there's a high bust rate on CBs so it's a risk pick early.

We need to find our future defensive leader at LB - I would love to see us go that route or continue to rebuild the OL. I disagree we can't go OL with our first pick. We did it with Scherff and that was one of our best recent picks. Thing about going a little early on OL - you are going to get a difference maker even in the mid-1st round, something that may not be a given at other positions.

I know that most believe we need a true #1 WR, but I hope we resist the urge to draft one with our first pick. We don't seem to be able to ID future star WRs in early rounds, and as we see every year in the NFL, you don't have to have a top 5 NFL WR to have an effective passing attack.

Wide Receiver. Doesn't need to be a number one. Just a good, reliable target who is able to gain yards after the catch. Someone who can consistently produce 75-80 catches a year.

Man - it's hard to pick just one (and 'other than QB' is a helluva caveat :)) ...

I would have to go with either OL or LB. Obviously, we may have glaring needs at safety too, but unless a future HOFer is available, not a fan of picking safeties early. Am I the only one who thinks great corners are overrated? Of all the positions on the defense, for me, 'shutdown' top-rated CBs rarely have the impact on a defense that we think they do. I'd much rather have a dominating LB, or even a super-talented big ugly on the DL. If you are powerful up front, all of a sudden a flawed defensive backfield can start looking pretty good. I also think there's a high bust rate on CBs so it's a risk pick early.

We need to find our future defensive leader at LB - I would love to see us go that route or continue to rebuild the OL. I disagree we can't go OL with our first pick. We did it with Scherff and that was one of our best recent picks. Thing about going a little early on OL - you are going to get a difference maker even in the mid-1st round, something that may not be a given at other positions.

I know that most believe we need a true #1 WR, but I hope we resist the urge to draft one with our first pick. We don't seem to be able to ID future star WRs in early rounds, and as we see every year in the NFL, you don't have to have a top 5 NFL WR to have an effective passing attack.

We gotta be snake bit after the Doctson pick. I too would avoid it. I'm in awe of the Vikes two receivers. One, drafted in the 5th round, and one an undrafted free agent.

I'd worry about a GM first. The guy picking is strangley more important than the guy picked - especially for this team.

Otherwise, in no particular order:

- LBs who can cover in space
- DEs/OLBs
- safeties (lmao - no one was thinking this 4 weeks ago!)
- corners
- wideouts
- TEs
- OTs
- RBs
- QBs

ahem. pretty much a whole locker room save for 3-4 DLs, a puntyer and a kicker.

Start with the FO first - or expect more of the same. :behead2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.