• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So the Dline likes Manusky and the DBs don't?

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
at least thats whats happening on twitter and in the media. swearinger is upset and thinks we play too much man against a back up qb, but thats because he is a more effective zone player. the Dlinemen seem to like it better when we send blitzes from different angles because it makes their job easier. Allen tweeted that manusky coached a hell of a game, while swearinger was upset and said it was bad.

we traded for haha but he hasnt done anything, im wondering what the hell happened, and wonder if its egos as dix has not played well and was mouthing off at swearinger who tweeted that he was the better safety when dix was in green bay, so maybe there are issues there. and if we dont have a great coaching staff it wont get sorted

Re: so the Dline likes manusky and the dbs don't

Dix is from Alabama too so maybe he agrees we with his college buddies there too. It sounds like the defense is a little out of control with comments and things. The defense could have stopped the titans - and probably should've - but they did at least keep the Titans o under 20.

I may agree that manusky hasn't impressed but swearinger mouthing off may be the biggest indictment if left unchecked, including to other players. I wasn't aware of friction between our Air Marshals (redskins tried to market our safeties that way after the dix signing).

Swearinger is making himself into an incurable cancer. He should stick to ripping himself for missed tackles/assignments, publicly.
This makes him a bad team player, imho.

Swearinger yelling is annoying, but he has a point. However, he missed a key tackle on third down and it is up to the players to make the plays.

I am leaning towards us drafting a corner in round 1, unless there is a real difference maker available for us. Especially if Norman is gone.

Talent be damned - if I were Jay Gruden, Swearinger might not be a Redskin this morning. You can't have players calling out coaches that way, I don't care what the excuses or reasons for it are. I like DJ's play most of the time, but he has made mistakes himself but ignores that part of the defensive lapses. It's the fans. It's his teammates. It's the coaching.

It's everyone but DJ Swearinger. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but if it were up to me, he'd already know what I think about it.

Talent be damned - if I were Jay Gruden, Swearinger might not be a Redskin this morning. You can't have players calling out coaches that way, I don't care what the excuses or reasons for it are. I like DJ's play most of the time, but he has made mistakes himself but ignores that part of the defensive lapses. It's the fans. It's his teammates. It's the coaching.

It's everyone but DJ Swearinger. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but if it were up to me, he'd already know what I think about it.

Does Gruden have the testicular fortitude to cut him though? OR is he neutered by Brucifer?

Having a guaranteed contract gives Gruden the power. He's had it since day one. He's just been too much of a wuss to use it.

Blame "Brucifer" for hiring The Loser. But, The Loser & Co shoulder the blame after that.

Having a guaranteed contract gives Gruden the power. He's had it since day one. He's just been too much of a wuss to use it.

Blame "Brucifer" for hiring The Loser. But, The Loser & Co shoulder the blame after that.

Have you seen the contract? Remember when we found out that McLovin didn't even have authority over Bruce? Bruce was always the GM. Per John Keim, we were lied to.

Gruden can't cut players. That decision is made above him.

Accountability starts high and works its way down. A head coach is somewhere in the middle of that power structure.

Check out @CraigHoffman's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/1076879123082084353?s=09

Accountability starts high and works its way down. A head coach is somewhere in the middle of that power structure.

And I assume we all are acknowledging that this is the same reality on every NFL franchise in the league, and doesn't represent some 'dysfunction' ... right?

The problem isn't that our team President has defacto GM authority. Really, that title is semantics. Essentially, the 'President' is the GM in DC. The problem isn't that we have a defacto GM, it's that our team President is Bruce Allen.

Gruden doesn't have to cut players to discipline them. He's the head coach and he decides who plays and who doesn't. I mean, we've all heard that the FO is dictating who should play, but in game that's the coaches call. Just look at the New Orleans game with Norman. There are things the coach can do.

The problem is Gruden wants to be the players friend and not their coach. He could instill some discipline but it's probably too late now. I think the lack of discipline is one of the reasons for so many penalties. It's not the only factor but it's a big one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen the contract?

Yes, I have. Based on everything reported, I've seen the same vision everybody else has. The smart money says, it's a guaranteed contract. I know you're always trying to cover his ass. But even you know it is. If it turns out to be incorrect, big whup?
Remember when we found out that McLovin didn't even have authority over Bruce? Bruce was always the GM. Per John Keim, we were lied to.
I was never lied to. How were you? Common sense says The Drunk had to answer to someone. JKC settled disputes between Gibbs and Beathard. He also eventually chose Joe over Bobby. That's a big reason why he left. I don't see the big deal.
Gruden can't cut players. That decision is made above him.
As already stated, he doesn't have to play anyone he doesn't want to. And if he was tolerating that kind of hovering from his superiors then he'd be a bigger loser than even I think he is.

Only below average coaches.

dont need to cut him but benching him should be a non decision, as in its forgone. and we better start playing our young guys and seeing who stays next year. we need a great young coach, but more importantly we need better scouting and personelle guys or the draft wont matter.

And I assume we all are acknowledging that this is the same reality on every NFL franchise in the league, and doesn't represent some 'dysfunction' ... right?

The problem isn't that our team President has defacto GM authority. Really, that title is semantics. Essentially, the 'President' is the GM in DC. The problem isn't that we have a defacto GM, it's that our team President is Bruce Allen.

Must be my week to be a thorn: I disagree. Didn't work that way in NE. The GM and coach worked together.

The problem here is that we have a cap guy pretending to be a personnel/vision guy.

Disagree fan.

Belecheat is the final word in NE. He is the defacto GM.

Of course, even his supposed "brilliance" starts to fade as soon as Brady is gone.

The only thing we know as ‘outsiders' is the Redskins power structure does not allow for a successful team to take the field on a regular basis.

That should be enough for Snyder to change it.

Meanwhile my nephews want Capitals tickets and memorabilia for Christmas.

Think all of this BS out at Redskins Park isn't having an effect on the next generation?

Snyder is running this organization into the ground.

If Allen and Gruden both return there will be 20,000 fans on Sundays rather than the 40,000 they were seeing in 2018.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.