• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Russ Grimm Voted into the HOF!!!

A very, very well deserved recognition! Congrats Russ!

I had a feeling he might make it. Glad to see it happen. Congratulations Russ-well deserved indeed.

I have to admit, with Rice and Emmitt and two pretty strong Veterans Committee nominees likely to be enshrined, I didn't think there was much chance Russ would make it this year. Happy to see the voters righting past wrongs.

Great to see. Maybe we can get Jacoby and Bostic in there sometime too

This is wonderful! I'm so pleased to see three Redskins get into the Hall of Fame in the past two years. The Hogs were probably one of the best offensive line ensembles in history, and I've always wondered why NONE OF THEM have made it into the Hall of Fame. It's about time a Hog made his way into Canton and Grimm is probably the embodiment of the hogs by himself. He was tough, he was blue collar, and he left everything out on the field.

Congrats, Russ. It's WELL overdue.

I'm kind of dumbfounded by this one. I didn't think he had an ice cubes chance in hell of getting voted in.

I'm thrilled to see Russ get acknowledged as he should be.

Congrats Russ, you surely earned this....

OK, who is headed to Canton? I'm in!

seriously, we need an airlift and convoy to canton to over shadow the cowboy & niner banter. Big Russ & The Hogs deserve it!
image.php

I'm going back to Canton fo' sho' - 2008 for Monk and Green was one of the best weekends of my life! So much fun.

It'll never happen, but Redskins/Cowboys in the HOF game would be pretty sweet too.

I'm going back to Canton fo' sho' - 2008 for Monk and Green was one of the best weekends of my life! So much fun.

It'll never happen, but Redskins/Cowboys in the HOF game would be pretty sweet too.

If the NFL wants to make the most of the weekend, they would set this scenario up immediately!

Glad a Hog finally made the HOF. Hopefully Grimm's selection will open the door for others, especially Jacoby.

While a Cowboy vs Redskin game would be great, think they typically put a NFC team against an AFC team to be politically correct. Since we were there couple years ago we have very little chance.

Didn't see that coming. I figured no Redskin was getting in for awhile after last year.

If the NFL wants to make the most of the weekend, they would set this scenario up immediately!

Yeah, but I don't think the teams would agree. They generally don't play inter-division preseason games, unfortunately. I think the game will be Cowboys and someone else. But maybe they'll do Redskins vs. someone else because of the massive turnout they had for Monk and Green.

If (and that is a big if) the Redskins were to play in HOF game it would pose an interesting situation. Portis doesn't like preseason and with HOF game that would give us 5. Wonder if he would talk Shanahan into letting him sit the game out?

Yeah, but I don't think the teams would agree. They generally don't play inter-division preseason games, unfortunately. I think the game will be Cowboys and someone else. But maybe they'll do Redskins vs. someone else because of the massive turnout they had for Monk and Green.

Yeah, I was just thinking of the revenue that game would produce, not the reality of putting it together.

If I had to guess, we will see the Steelers vs either 49ers or the Cowboys and I think the Cowboys most likely. Both of those teams travel extremely well and have favorite sons being inducted. It would also satisfy the NFL's unwritten rule about having teams from difference Conferences.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the LeBeau is still coaching and with a game to play it would be tough for him to relax and enjoy the process. However, it might be tough for him anyway since camp will be going regardless. I think it would be nice if his players and fellow coaches from the current Steelers could be there to see him get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.