• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 16 - 2018: Redskins @ Titans

How do Skins fare this weekend?

• Win

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • After last week I have hope and I wanna believe, I really do but...

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
With the defense building off of last weeks performance. And the offense getting more familiar to all the new faces.
The magic man, JJ, gets coach Jay and our boys another win.

Combine that with the Greedy Lying Bastard choking away another home game playoff clincher for Minny.

And we'll get a week 17, win and you're in home game against the fecals.

Come on Fellers!!!

I'd like to believe - but I'm 100% in 'Show Me' mode. The Titans are an unpredictable team. If we're going to give ourselves a chance, we need to have the same kind of 'smash them in the mouth' defensive performance we had last week. It's hard to understand why sometimes this defense looks inept, and sometimes looks like one of the best in the NFL. I've given up predicting.

What happens when an unprepared,dysfunctional team,with an offense comprised of mostly replacement players, travels to Nashville to face a well coached,solid franchise?

Looks like our WRs tomorrow will consist of Doctson, Crowder, Jehu Chesson, and Darvin Kidsy.

Do you believe in miracles?

Let's get it!

Additionally, #Redskins downgrade TE Vernon Davis, WR Maurice Harris and OL Ty Nsekhe from questionable to out for #WASvsTEN .

This is just looking better and better...:biggrin-new:

On that INT, Doctson quit on that route. It was there.

It was a bad pass. Doctson was between zones, where he should have been, but JJ made his only bad throw, to that point.

But I ain't hatin' any of them. Offense played beyond any realistic expectation. Hell, Gruden might have coached one of his best games ever.
Of course, all the injuries FORCED him to scale back, and concentrate on doing fewer things. I put his vaunted system right up there with Al Saunders 700 page playbook.
More is not necessarily better.

Shame though, the game was there for the taking.

Politely disagree Ax.

Go watch the replay. Doctson stops mid route. He keeps running and the pass is there for him.

Going against zone, you find the open spot and sit there. That's what he did. Ball was late, and high. JJ threw off his back foot, and put too much arm on it.

I know many around here just don't like the kid because of where he was drafted. But he played a good game yesterday. So did JJ.

So then, I too politely disagree, my friend.

It was a bad pass. Doctson was between zones, where he should have been, but JJ made his only bad throw, to that point.

But I ain't hatin' any of them. Offense played beyond any realistic expectation. Hell, Gruden might have coached one of his best games ever.
Of course, all the injuries FORCED him to scale back, and concentrate on doing fewer things. I put his vaunted system right up there with Al Saunders 700 page playbook.
More is not necessarily better.

Shame though, the game was there for the taking.

Not to split hairs, but Johnson missed a near certain TD throw to Doctson early, remember. Doctson was wide open and Josh overthrew him by 10 yards. Without knowing what route was called for on the final play, not sure how you assess blame. Maybe someone said something in post-game interviews, we didn't get those so I don't know. Doesn't much matter to a certain extent. They were trying to win the game, so it's hard to get too worked up about one bad play. I thought they fought hard yesterday so I'll at least give the team and Gruden some credit for that. I think Johnson and Doctson both had good games overall yesterday. Doctson appears to be coming on finally.

It was good whilst it lasted! The possibility of a division title, let alone a play-off appearance was too great an ask, especially after all the injuries we copped. Those signed as free agents towards the end of the campaign where free agents for a reason. Hopefully, we'll give more than received?

Anyone who thinks that year will continue after next week is delusional!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.