• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
He did more than just not lose this game.
He helped win this game.
It is a cool story of course, but he did not look like a guy who was a career backup. He has potential to make this team next year.

Let's see.

I'm not going to go Josh Johnson for the future, crazy...but he is the making of a great story. And I don't care if we win or lose from here on out, this image has made the season for me.

DukY2X3XgAIWD9G.jpg large.jpg

I don't know if I'd say “hope.”

He looks like an RPO QB who has never quite been groomed as a pocket QB a la RGIII, Kaep and etcetera.

He needs some ****ing help!

Vernon Davis - get your head in the game and make some plays.
Moses, Williams, and Nsehke - enough with the stupid 'I'm not paying attention' penalties.
OL - give the man some protection.
Crowder, Doctson, Floyd - get open and catch the damn ball.

We can't continue relying on the defense and AP to make all of the plays.

I don't know if I'd say “hope.”

He looks like an RPO QB who has never quite been groomed as a pocket QB a la RGIII, Kaep and etcetera.

With a make shift oline and not a top quality receiving corps, he has to go off script a lot, and those runs were huge, but he did not tuck it and run on every play. They also did not do a lot of rpo

He needs some ****ing help!

Vernon Davis - get your head in the game and make some plays.
Moses, Williams, and Nsehke - enough with the stupid 'I'm not paying attention' penalties.
OL - give the man some protection.
Crowder, Doctson, Floyd - get open and catch the damn ball.

We can't continue relying on the defense and AP to make all of the plays.

That Vernon drop hurt a lot.
I think there will be more enthusiasm by the wrs moving forward. Maybe even a few more sprinkle sightings(of the non false start variety).

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable. I'd start Sprinkle and challenge Davis to do something to show he belongs on the field. No excuse for a veteran to consistently show a lack of concentration.

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable.

I'm sure Gruden will get right on that, the true disciplinarian he is...

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable. I'd start Sprinkle and challenge Davis to do something to show he belongs on the field. No excuse for a veteran to consistently show a lack of concentration.

Looked like the defender knocked it out

If Sprinkle cannot unseat Davis outright we need to look for a new TE crop this off-season. I'm perfectly okay with cutting Reed too.

Also, the secondary look better, especially HaHa?

If Sprinkle cannot unseat Davis outright we need to look for a new TE crop this off-season. I'm perfectly okay with cutting Reed too.

Also, the secondary look better, especially HaHa?

For his career, Sprinkle has 5 catches, and 2 TD's.
He scores a TD nearly half the time he touches the ball.
Maybe we should throw to him more often.

As to the premise of the thread - I don't really agree. He made a Sunday a little less miserable than most Sundays this year. That's all. Skins are not making the playoffs. We're getting down to 3 combination requirements (and that assumes we win out, which you'd have to be crazy to predict). It's not happening. I'll moderately enjoy today for what it was but it really changes nothing.

As to the premise of the thread - I don't really agree. He made a Sunday a little less miserable than most Sundays this year. That's all. Skins are not making the playoffs. We're getting down to 3 combination requirements (and that assumes we win out, which you'd have to be crazy to predict). It's not happening. I'll moderately enjoy today for what it was but it really changes nothing.

Get off my lawn!!!

Forrest-Gump-GQ-19May16_b.jpg

"Somebody later told me it gave people hope.....Nahhh...I don't know anything about that..."

So, just to get off the negative nancy train for a minute, here is how the playoff picture looks (contingent on tonight's Panther outcome that is):

Win out, and the Vikes losing 1 is more likely path. Lions would have to do it next week. Bears could be sitting people for the playoffs week 17.

Not sure how a 3 way tie would affect things. As far as Seattle goes.

Even better, would be to win out, while the crackboys lose out.

If we manage to some how slip into the playoffs that will I guess make this season worth remembering in the way it all unfolded with the injuries incurred. Honestly, I'd rather have a higher draft position with the looming possibility of eating tons of cap space if Smith can't return. I'm glad we won, it always feels good to win but the long term outlook is definitely disconcerting. Hopefully with another week in the system Johnson can get a little more comfortable with the offense and make the last two games competitive. We will also need our defense to have some swagger and dominate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.