A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-15
    Posts
    352
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    As to the premise of the thread - I don't really agree. He made a Sunday a little less miserable than most Sundays this year. That's all. Skins are not making the playoffs. We're getting down to 3 combination requirements (and that assumes we win out, which you'd have to be crazy to predict). It's not happening. I'll moderately enjoy today for what it was but it really changes nothing.
    Learning how to close out games is huge for a young team. Especially in December.
    I want to see them lay it all on the line next week.
    Rally around each other.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #22
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Obviously winning out is the first thing that has to happen. And then, having the Seahawks and the Vikings falter is required.
    It's not required that both of them falter.
    We only need to overtake one of them, not both.
    We absolutely can make the playoffs if Seattle wins out.
    1 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,024
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Win out, and the Vikes losing 1 is more likely path. Lions would have to do it next week. Bears could be sitting people for the playoffs week 17.

    Not sure how a 3 way tie would affect things. As far as Seattle goes.

    Even better, would be to win out, while the crackboys lose out.
    Vikes playing the Bears at home is a tough one. I don't worry about teams 'resting' starters - as it rarely happens. Most coaches worry far more about losing momentum or rust than they do about resting players. If we win our last 3 and get into the playoffs, may not be a popular statement, but Gruden will deserve another year.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  4. #24

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,939
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Well, you know I want Gruden gone. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he is now, at being the head guy.
    And I believe him to be below average. Better than Zorn. Much worse the Schottenheimer.

    My conundrum is, I want the team to win out and make the playoffs. As I am incapable of EVER rooting for my team to lose.
    Knowing full well that by doing so, Gruden will get another year. Of course, I already think he will anyway.

    So then, I agree that if they make the playoffs, he will get another year.
    I don't agree, that he would deserve it. He, and his system, need to hit the road.
    0 2 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  5. #25
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

    Join Date
    11-18-12
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    3,748
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Air Force

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    For his career, Sprinkle has 5 catches, and 2 TD's.
    He scores a TD nearly half the time he touches the ball.
    Maybe we should throw to him more often.
    Apparently this math is too difficult for Jay to break down.

    For the record I’m good with our new GM giving Alex an injury retirement and cutting Colt. Johnson could get a year maybe 2 to groom our draft pick(s) at qb. Maybe a development guy this draft and a first rounder in 2020.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

  6. #26
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,535
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Well, you know I want Gruden gone. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he is now, at being the head guy.
    And I believe him to be below average. Better than Zorn. Much worse the Schottenheimer.

    My conundrum is, I want the team to win out and make the playoffs. As I am incapable of EVER rooting for my team to lose.
    Knowing full well that by doing so, Gruden will get another year. Of course, I already think he will anyway.

    So then, I agree that if they make the playoffs, he will get another year.
    I don't agree, that he would deserve it. He, and his system, need to hit the road.
    Yeah, after the win in Jax...I think it's a foregone conclusion he gets another year.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  7. #27
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    As to our competition, here are the final games for each wildcard contender:

    Seattle (8-6)
    vs. Chiefs
    vs. Cardinals

    Vikings (7-6-1)
    at Lions
    vs. Bears

    Eagles (7-7)
    vs. Texans
    at Redskins

    Panthers (6-7)
    vs. Saints
    vs. Falcons
    at Saints

    Redskins (7-7)
    at Titans
    vs. Eagles
    I'm going to add in Dallas, because technically if we do what we need to do to become a wild card (win out), then that puts us in a position to possibly still win the division.

    On one hand, if you see who they have left to play, you might think they aren't going to concede the division title/lead.
    But on the other hand...they just got shut out by the Colts.


    Dallas 8-6

    vs Tampa Bay
    at NY Giants
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  8. #28
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    To be fair to Gruden, you can't blame him for Sprinkle only having 2 touchdowns.

    During the season plays were called for Sprinkle in the red zone that could have lead to a couple more TDs but Alex Smith wasn't able to deliver the ball on time and on the mark.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #29
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-15
    Posts
    352
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    I believe Josh will be back next year and deserves to be. Regardless of whether they get another qb in free agency. Colt has to be cut at this point unless he agrees to take a much much smaller deal.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #30

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,024
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Johnson has exceeded expectations and they may have little choice but to bring him back next year. But he's not a starting cailber QB. His career completion % is sub-60% and historically, when he's gotten the opportunity he's thrown a lot of picks. He has done a good job stepping in with little prep this year. But we saw yesterday why he's never stuck as a starter despite significant talent. More often than not, he'll make critical mistakes. On top of the INTs yesterday (which may or may not have been his fault), he missed a gimme TD with a poor throw early. He hits that pass and we may be doing nothing but grinding out the clock on the ground late.

    I like Johnson. But he'll be nothing more than a bridge to buy us time, and that's assuming Gruden (if he survives) doesn't go right back to Colt McCoy - which we should expect.
    0 2 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  11. #31
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-15
    Posts
    352
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Johnson has exceeded expectations and they may have little choice but to bring him back next year. But he's not a starting cailber QB. His career completion % is sub-60% and historically, when he's gotten the opportunity he's thrown a lot of picks. He has done a good job stepping in with little prep this year. But we saw yesterday why he's never stuck as a starter despite significant talent. More often than not, he'll make critical mistakes. On top of the INTs yesterday (which may or may not have been his fault), he missed a gimme TD with a poor throw early. He hits that pass and we may be doing nothing but grinding out the clock on the ground late.

    I like Johnson. But he'll be nothing more than a bridge to buy us time, and that's assuming Gruden (if he survives) doesn't go right back to Colt McCoy - which we should expect.
    Boone, he was just picked up.
    No one is saying he is the long term solution.
    Look at what the guys are saying about how he commanded the huddle. Look at what he did with our offense.
    I would say the chances of Josh starting week one for us next year, has gone up tremendously.
    The Eagles game next week, will be another chance for him to prove it.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #32

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,024
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    I don't think I'm saying anything different than you just did He's done a good job under the circumstances. But he's never going to be the guy, and honestly, any time we commit to him is just delaying the development of whoever we think IS going to be the guy. We may have no choice but to go with him for awhile.

    And btw - there definitely ARE people who think he could be the guy. Just log into Twitter.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  13. #33
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-15
    Posts
    352
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    I don't think I'm saying anything different than you just did He's done a good job under the circumstances. But he's never going to be the guy, and honestly, any time we commit to him is just delaying the development of whoever we think IS going to be the guy. We may have no choice but to go with him for awhile.

    And btw - there definitely ARE people who think he could be the guy. Just log into Twitter.
    I don't think our long term answer at qb will be on our roster even next year(percentages/qb draft class, plus all of our other needs), so I would love for us to shore up a bunch of other spots.
    0 1 0 0
     
     

  14. #34
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    The answer is that Mark Sanchez is so bad that a player that can actually execute the forward pass and show some athleticism makes him look very good in the moment.

    In truth neither Sanchez nor Johnson should be on an NFL roster.

    But then again Cody Kessler should not be either.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #35
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Re: Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

    Tress Way might have been a better choice for 4th QB
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-18, 05:55 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-18, 09:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-16, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-16, 07:37 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-10, 04:46 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •