• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is there a worse homer than Larry Michaels?

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I know he is bad as an announcer, but watching his annoying pregame “analysis” may be worse.
I don't think he has ever had us with fewer advantages than our opponents going into a game.

He gives check marks for offense, defense, special teams and intangibles. For this past game against the giants, he had us with the advantage on defense, special teams and intangibles, and tied with the giants on offense because of Sequan.

His analysis is so bad, it out sucks his actual announcing voice in my opinion.

I don't know why but when I see LM speak on tv, I see Daniel Snyder giving the fans the middle finger.

He's paid to be a homer.

If the organization was good and it was winning, fans would love it.....in a "Oh that Larry..he's crazy but he's one of us" kind of way.

Baghdad Larry is a paid hype man. Whether he believes what he peddles... who knows.

I think one way or another you can feel sorry for one of these shill types.

Either they just don't have any self-respect, so they do this kind of work, or they are so hard up for a job or money that they feel it's worth it.

As the Skins do worse and Larry's shtick continues, he looks like he's aged a hundred years too. I don't see him that much (or listen to him much) but that's what I recollect from seeing him sometime this year. Anyway, I kind of feel sorry for Larry more than anything else. I do my best to pity people who I'd otherwise dislike.

I've met Larry Michaels and been around him quite a bit. One of the nicest guys you'll meet and absolutely the hardest working media person (if you want to categorize him as such) you will find anywhere.

I'm not sure we should expect any team-affiliated media person to rag on the team and blamestorm when things go south.

I know it's irritating. But he's not an independent media source and doesn't claim to be as far as I know. Look at it this way - he's no more extreme in his positivity than independent sports media types are extreme in their negativity :). This season, all the negativity is warranted but that's not always the case and in better times I appreciate what Larry Michaels does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy, this is extremely hard to find. The Skins lawyers must have demanded the web be scrubbed.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/04/holden-and-danny-larry-michaels-highlight-show/

And so begins the “Larry Michaels Highlight Show”…

Michaels: So the Redskins, the best team in the NFL, come in with a record of 11-0. (They) win the coin toss, Sunny, don't want the football. They don't even need it.

Sunny: Kick the ball.

Michaels: So — me, me, me — Kai Forbath, leads the league in all kicking categories, to kickoff.

So, Scifres back to punt — me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, that punt out of bounds at the one.

This awful field position brought to you by D.C. realty. When you don't like where you are — move.

Redskins — me, me, me — decide not to score the TD and kick a field goal. Why do they do that here, Kris?

Kris: I have a reason for everything.

Michaels: So here's Forbath, who has never missed in his life to kick… and it's blocked! Keith Burns is doing a sensational job, Sunny.

Sunny: Throw the ball.

Michaels: Thank you, Sunny.

So after the Chargers cheated and it isn't called it will be their stolen and undeserved football at their 15. And believe me I know about getting things you don't deserve.

Redskins ball at their own one. What should they do here, Sunny?

Sunny: Throw the ball.

Michaels: Okay, Sunny. Griffin back to pass. He's staring at one receiver… it's illegally batted in the air. Touchdown San Diego. How does that not get called?

Kris: Twenty years ago they would have been considered completely normal.

Michaels: That bad play call and opponent touchdown brought to you by frustrating sadness. Frustrating sadness and the Redskins partners for 21 years.”

Well, Sonny and Chris Cooley are paid by the team but that doesn't stop them from recognizing and speaking to the reality of the 2018 Washington Redskins.

Well, Sonny and Chris Cooley are paid by the team but that doesn't stop them from recognizing and speaking to the reality of the 2018 Washington Redskins.

That's true enough. I think Michaels is an ultra good guy - so I'm going to forgive him his transgressions.

That's true enough. I think Michaels is an ultra good guy - so I'm going to forgive him his transgressions.

Yeah, I think it's a mixture. Larry is the face of the Redskins' media so he is going to be a bit more rosy. Add to that his given temperament...I wish I were as nice as he.

My take as well. I agree with all the comments on homerism. However, I can tolerate one guy who is the forever optimist - so long as I have the choice to turn it off when I chose.

He does strike me as a fundamentally nice guy - which is your point.

Yeah, I think it's a mixture. Larry is the face of the Redskins' media so he is going to be a bit more rosy. Add to that his given temperament...I wish I were as nice as he.

Me too! Just kidding my friend. :)

Had to exploit the opening you left us all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.