• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Quotes Skins vs. Giants 2018: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

REDSKINS CORNERBACK GREG STROMAN

On his frustrations today:
“Anytime you lose it's frustrating, but we'll just go back at it next week.”

On penalties:
“I mean that's unacceptable. We just have to go back and correct it.”

On playoff chances:
“No, anything can happen. We're going to play our hearts out every game.”

On improvements on defense:
“We just have to play together. We just have to keep grinding. It'll work out.”

REDSKINS LINEBACKER RYAN KERRIGAN

On the defensive struggles:
“It's the little things. You have to get off blocks and allow running lanes for the guys who are filling in. It's that, it's coverage. It's easier said than done but it's what we have to do.”

On practice this week:
“I feel like we had a good week of practice, a good week of work. Guys were excited coming off a disappointing game against Philadelphia [Eagles]. We knew if we won this one, we'd be right back in it. But we didn't.”

REDSKINS WIDE RECEIVER JAMISON CROWDER

On his career long touchdown reception:
“I don't know. We just got man coverage and got by the corner on the shallow and just caught him in playing and shooting right down the sideline. That's pretty much it.”

On what QB Josh Johnson brought to the game:
“Yeah, I just think he brought a certain level of energy. It was a tough day, but when he came in, you could kind of just feel he had a certain level of energy and we just all kind of fed off of that and just played along with it.”

REDSKINS OFFENSIVE LINEMAN MORGAN MOSES

On the amount of penalties and the adversity on the offensive line:
“Well it is and obviously there are some things we've got to correct. Obviously, having different quarterbacks in there, the cadence and things like that, but obviously we've just got to hone into what we do. Whatever it is, if it's keeping the offense simple, whatever it is we need to. We just have to make sure everybody is one page and that way we can execute it as best as possible.”

On if the team feels they still have a chance at the playoffs:
“Oh definitely. Obviously, you play to win and you've got three games left—three winnable games. Obviously, Jacksonville has a great defense, but they're struggling on offense just like we are. We've just got to come out and be explosive. We've got to come out and correct the things, not put ourselves in those second and 15's and first and 20 situations and just try to move the ball down the field. Our defense is playing lights out. Obviously, we turned the ball over in the short field or we give them a short field to go, it's obviously harder for our defense. But the young guys come out there and play, they play with their heart. We've just got to make sure we put them in the best positions so we can succeed as a team.”

On what QB Josh Johnson was able to bring:
“Obviously, he didn't get a lot of reps this week because we were getting Mark [Sanchez] ready. I don't really know that much about the guy [Laughter] because he's kind of been ducked off in meetings trying to learn the offense himself. Obviously, his run ability brings a lot to the table, but obviously he's been around the league for a while and things like that. He's been with Jay [Gruden] before, so to see what he brought to the table today was definitely eye opening.”

REDSKINS LINEBACKER MASON FOSTER

On being drained physically and mentally:
“It's tough, it's a long season. But, there's no excuses and we have to play better. We still have to keep playing no matter who they have at quarterback or who we have at quarterback or what's going on with the offense or any of that.”

On the defensive struggles:
“I think it's giving up big plays. Earlier in the year, we didn't give up those big plays. Now that we're giving them up, it's putting us in a hole. We have to be able to fight out of that hole and keep pushing but things just aren't going our way and we have to get it fixed. It's embarrassing to lose like this.”

On the upcoming schedule:
“We just have to keep moving forward. We took a tough loss today. A lot of things haven't been going our way the last couple weeks, but you can turn it around. All it takes is continuing to work hard. Guys have been working hard at practice. We just have to get the little things corrected and we'll be alright.”

REDSKINS CORNERBACK JOSH NORMAN

On what went wrong with the defense today:
“Everything, you saw the game.”

On why practice didn't transfer to success during the game:
“I don't know man. We were taken to the back of the barn, kind of like your grandmother does with one of those big thick paddles and we got it put to the backside pretty good. That's what happened.”

On why the defense is allowing more points:
“I don't really know what it is. At the end of the day, we have to come out and do what we have to do. We just didn't have it today, it kind of sucks. The hand we are being dealt right now, we just have to get through it. We have three games left, so let's make something happen, something positive. Bright spot we had today was Josh Johnson. Everything else, it is what it is.”

REDSKINS QUARTERBACK JOSH JOHNSON

On how much of the offense he knew coming in and how he felt in game:
“When I got in on Wednesday, I went through the game plan and I felt pretty comfortable. A lot of stuff I was familiar with, what I've done with Coach [Jay] Gruden in Cincinnati and down with his brother in Tampa and Oakland. I was pretty excited about that, but obviously there were new things so I had to just grind away like I've done numerous times in my career as I've been in this situation so much.”

On how prepared he felt coming into the game versus where he wants to be next week:
“Well, the beauty of it, I mean I've been a fourth stringer, a third stringer. But you don't actually get any live reps so just to go against the defense, I was able to re-watch the film and just focus on the things I know are necessary to be a productive quarterback. In regards to footwork and timing, I was able to get that done by going against our defense. I really didn't have a clue how it would go in the game because I didn't get reps with the real guys. At the end of the day, I've been doing this long enough, so at the end of the day just go out there and trust your reads, trust your coaches and let's see what happens.”

On how it felt to see it come together on the field:
“It felt good man. It felt good to really just go out there and experience some success with these guys. For myself, I mean I haven't played in a long time. I've always be interested in getting out there in a real game. I had the opportunity and I just wanted to take advantage of it.”

REDSKINS QUARTERBACK MARK SANCHEZ

On why the offense couldn't get in sync:
“Listen, it was tough sledding for sure, that's easy to figure out. I think we were trying to establish the run game hard in the beginning and then we just kind of ran into a little bit of buzz saw there and got ourselves into some tough situations. Some second and longs, third and longs and some know passing situations and it makes it tough. But, I thought there were plays to be made. I thought we hung in there, it wasn't an effort issue by any means. I was proud of the way guys thought and hung in there even when things started to turn. You got a tipped interception on really what could have potentially been a breakout play. You're not looking at that lineman right in front of you. He kind of falls off a block and I'm trying to make a throw down the field, which even looking at it on the iPad, I'm curious to see it on film. I think we had Mike Floyd running, so that's too bad. There's nothing you can do about it and things just snowballed from there. Then Coach [Jay Gruden] wanted to go with Josh [Johnson] and he adds a different element. He can really run and he uses his ability to scramble, so I was proud of his effort and tried to help him as much as I could. No matter what, going into this thing, it's a team effort and you do everything you can to win. Obviously, we imagined it going a lot different than this and it's really too bad. But like I said, it was never an effort issue and guys had a great attitude the whole time. They were positive, as positive as you can be in the face of adversity like that.”

On how much the two quarterbacks are able to talk with each other:
“Listen, as soon as Josh got the call, we knew there were going to be a couple different changes with his ability to move. Then everything I was seeing, I tried to relay to him and then just be his eyes on the sideline, remind him of anything I could. That's what you do in a quarterback room, that's what you do as a professional. Sure, would I have liked the day to go better and have a big win and be celebrating right now? Absolutely, but it didn't go that way. We're both teammates. I really respect him and I thought he came in and played his butt off. I'm proud of him and the whole team. They really did rally around us and that's not easy to do, you know? So I appreciated that.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was hands down the worst loss in quite awhile.

The 43-19 loss to NO was not a surprise but being behind 40-0 to a 4-8 team at home that is playing without its best player in Beckham was freakin' joke.

This was hands down the worst loss in quite awhile.

The 43-19 loss to NO was not a surprise but being behind 40-0 to a 4-8 team at home that is playing without its best player in Beckham was freakin' joke.

I agree...unless you're a bad team, you just don't lose to 4-8 that badly at home.

But Barkley is hands down their best player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.