• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dudley Passes Away

InsaneBoost

Click link for full article: http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Hall_of_Famer_Dudley_Passes_Away_103201.jsp

Halfback Bill Dudley, who played three seasons in Washington in the early 1950s, has passed away at his home in Lynchburg, Va.

He was 88.

Dudley played for the Redskins in 1950-51 and 1953. In a 9-year NFL career, he was named first- or second-team All-NFL six times and was named to three Pro Bowls.

"We are deeply saddened to learn of Bill’s passing,” commented Hall of Fame President/Executive Director Steve Perry. “Perhaps as much as his greatness on the football field, we will remember Bill as a great friend and a true ambassador for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the sport he loved.”

I remember my Dad telling me he saw "Bullet" Bill Dudley and Sammy Baugh play together at Griffith Stadium. Like Baugh, Dudley played offense, defense and punted. He also returned kicks and led his team in scoring every year during his career.

RIP Bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.