• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Statement in Alex Smith 12/6/18

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
December 6, 2018

STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON REDSKINS:

"On behalf of Alex Smith, we appreciate all of the concerns and prayers over the injury he incurred on November 18th against the Houston Texans. Although this is a serious injury, Alex and his family remain strong. We would ask that everyone please honor the Smith family's request for privacy at this time."

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a couple of the media outlets posting about possible post-op complications on Twitter yesterday. Honestly, I would be careful about spreading rumors, whether believed true or not, about someone's health condition given HIPPA laws. We don't have a legal ‘right to know' when it comes to this kind of thing.

I'm guessing that's what prompted this statement. And I don't think this is good news btw.

I held on to the news as well and thought about posting it last night, but this story seems to have longer legs this morning.

I think it is serious as well and his career is possibly over. That could be wild speculation at this time - maybe overly so, but the team didn't confirm or deny anything.

There has been RUMINT on this for a few days or so, but I didn't believe any of it. Just hope he pulls through ok.

Definitely does not sound good but hopefully just a hiccup in the process and not career ending, both on the side for Alex Smith and his well being but also for the Redskins future.

When I hear requesting privacy, I am not thinking about football

I agree Solitary Man, it is never good when family requests privacy. It may be nothing more than they don't want every sports media outlet hanging out at the hospital. I've also heard couple say they weren't fans of PG Hospital.

I just pray for the best in regards to Alex Smith and his family.

I saw a couple of the media outlets posting about possible post-op complications on Twitter yesterday. Honestly, I would be careful about spreading rumors, whether believed true or not, about someone's health condition given HIPPA laws. We don't have a legal ‘right to know' when it comes to this kind of thing.

I'm guessing that's what prompted this statement. And I don't think this is good news btw.

You know what lurks in hospitals. I hope everything turns out OK for Alex

I take this news very seriously. I don't think things like this are rare, but it's definitely serious. My father had surgery a couple of years ago and dealt with infections. For Smith's sake I hope they take care of this and get him healed.

As for the Redskins statement, it sucks they even have to make this statement. It tells you about all the weasels in the media and how they have zero respect for anyone. All they care about is being the one to break the story. It doesn't matter that a guy has gone from a devastating season ending injury and wondering if it's career ending to possibly being life threatening. I'm sure this is a great time for him and his family to be playing defense against to media. That's got to be at the top of their list of what they want to do now.

And yes, I'm upset about this. Maybe it's just the timing of it, and maybe I'm overreacting. But I swear I've seen more stories and tweets about this since the statement than before. It's almost like that statement put out the flag to the media to go hunt down the story. I'm not blaming the Redskins because they are doing what is right and telling these vultures to back off. But the way the media acts is sickening to me.

So Alex has/had a post surgery infection? That's the first time I've heard that.

Hope he's doing okay now

A lot of media down this way is reporting that Alex Smith's surgically repaired leg has what appears to be a career-ending infection.

From what I have read, surgery may be needed to clear the infection, followed by extensive plastic surgery. Shortening of the leg may be the final outcome.

Geez..............we haven't seen an injury to a quarterback like this in a long time in the NFL.

At 34/35 you can also question whether Smith even if he possibly can come back in 2020 or 2021 would want to by age 36.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.