A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Air Force

Default Reuben Foster, Kareem Hunt, and DV in the NFL

Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt yesterday. Should we?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...er-exempt-list
    0 0 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Random Redskins Thoughts

So, Rueben Foster and Kareem Hunt have already been deemed guilty. What's to say the females in question aren't responsible for their actions! They want 'equal rights' but when it comes to cases like these, out come the tears and the 'woe is me' behaviour, and will tell the police anything just to get the man in trouble. The female can do a lot more damage than a male, and the proof is already out there, but will the police do anything other than arrest the male?
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?

2016 Blognostications Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnedAussie View Post
    So, Rueben Foster and Kareem Hunt have already been deemed guilty. What's to say the females in question aren't responsible for their actions! They want 'equal rights' but when it comes to cases like these, out come the tears and the 'woe is me' behaviour, and will tell the police anything just to get the man in trouble. The female can do a lot more damage than a male, and the proof is already out there, but will the police do anything other than arrest the male?
    Do you honestly believe the false equivalency you just posted, or are you just putting something forth for debate?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Well - in Kareem Hunt's case, there's a video. So obviously he engaged in something if not illegal, certainly that crossed acceptable boundaries. We all ought to be able to agree that domestic violence is wrong and that there should be severe consequences for anyone who engages in it, no matter who your employer is.

In the Kareem Hunt situation, it did look to me like the females involved were nearly as out of control as Mr. Hunt was. Quite possible there should be others charged. Women also commit domestic violence. I don't see it as a single-gender problem. Clearly law enforcement sees this kind of violence perpetrated by both sexes. It isn't acceptable no matter who is committing the violence. I always find it ironic that folks routinely advocate violence as a solution to a problem or a viable expression of feelings. How many times have you seen men and women post about 'kicking someone's ass' or 'you wouldn't say that to my face' over some heated debate? Punching someone in the face in America is pretty much an accepted response if you feel sufficiently aggrieved or upset. I can guarantee you that getting sucker punched in the face is no less devastating and traumatizing for a male who is the victim than for a female. We are just predisposed to view women as the physically weaker gender and there is more of a stigma associated with violence towards women than there is with men. I'm not sure there should be in terms of violence being deemed acceptable or a minor infraction?

It is no doubt true that there have been instances of women using charges of domestic violence as a means to hurt a former or current spouse or significant other, or who have used the threat of charges to extract $$ or other benefits from them. But so what? One has to believe those instances are rare by comparison to real claims. And the fact that yes, it happens, does not diminish the disgustingly criminal nature of the far more prevalent instances where the individual IS guilty.

'Innocent until proven guilty' is of course the bar we should all embrace. But that is a legal standard, and it doesn't mean we ignore common sense and logic, particularly when a video of the alleged crime is in the public domain.

Btw - if we want to have a discussion about this - it really belongs in the PA Forum.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welllllll - and Boone is correct that this needs to be moved over to PA - this isn't just a theoretical position SkinnedAussie has put out for consideration. I have seen false accusations used as a tool to get ahead at work more than once. While retributive justiuce has its pros and cons, one thing is for certain, for every outcome there are going to be winners and losers. Best be very careful when administering the declining concept that used to be called justice in this country. Ugggh, Boone please boot this all over to PA! You think the ridiculous farce we just witnessed with the SCOTUS nomination doesn't highlight how political and cut-throat this has all become? Cleaning up a societal problem is one thing that has merit. Doing so in a way that other's rights aren't trampled upon in the process should also be pivotal.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Reuben Foster, Kareem Hunt, and DV in the NFL

If you want to talk about here, here's your thread
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Reuben Foster, Kareem Hunt, and DV in the NFL

What we've seen in the Kareem Hunt incident is what happened OUTSIDE the room, and once all the shit started. What we haven't seen is what went on INSIDE the room. If, as suggested, the girls had've left when asked to, Hunt would still be with the Chiefs and none of us would be any wiser. How do we know the girls haven't made it out to be their own fault by not leaving when first asked? How do we know that the girls didn't attack first because, well, because they are female, and nobody hits a female, right?

With the Foster incident, she has accused him once before, and she is likely to continue to do so until she gets 'justice' (read money). She dropped the charges the first time, but she has accused him again.

What the NFL have done is to have sentenced both before being found guilty. We are talking about a person's livlihood, his career, his job, but nothing has been done about the accusers. DV does happen both ways, and is often more dangerous when committed by the female, but the NFL have already deemed Hunt and Foster as the offenders.

If, and when, the investigations are concluded and one, or the other, or both, are found to be guilty, I'll be the first to apologise, but to have the NFL be the judge, jury and executioner is going too far.
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnedAussie View Post
    What we've seen in the Kareem Hunt incident is what happened OUTSIDE the room, and once all the shit started. What we haven't seen is what went on INSIDE the room. If, as suggested, the girls had've left when asked to, Hunt would still be with the Chiefs and none of us would be any wiser. How do we know the girls haven't made it out to be their own fault by not leaving when first asked? How do we know that the girls didn't attack first because, well, because they are female, and nobody hits a female, right?

With the Foster incident, she has accused him once before, and she is likely to continue to do so until she gets 'justice' (read money). She dropped the charges the first time, but she has accused him again.

What the NFL have done is to have sentenced both before being found guilty. We are talking about a person's livlihood, his career, his job, but nothing has been done about the accusers. DV does happen both ways, and is often more dangerous when committed by the female, but the NFL have already deemed Hunt and Foster as the offenders.

If, and when, the investigations are concluded and one, or the other, or both, are found to be guilty, I'll be the first to apologise, but to have the NFL be the judge, jury and executioner is going too far.
    Here's the problem with your/our position: after watching what happened with Clinton and classified information handling, the destruction of evidence and the unfolding cover-up/conspiracy - I no longer believe there is justice in this country. It's all situational ethics and political ideology. Stand the heck by, this doesn't bode well for anyone.

And so we move along.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Here's the problem with your/our position: after watching what happened with Clinton and classified information handling, the destruction of evidence and the unfolding cover-up/conspiracy - I no longer believe there is justice in this country. It's all situational ethics and political ideology. Stand the heck by, this doesn't bode well for anyone.

And so we move along.
    I have to say I somewhat agree with you. It's sad (and exceedingly obnoxious) that things continue to go down that path.

The more I read, the more I've just got disgusted with extemists on both sides, and with social liberalism in general. Too much entitlement by left and right extremists, and not enough actual justice and liberty of thought.
    0 1 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

I don't know if Reuben Foster is guilty of domestic violence, but the video clearly establishes he's one stupid MFer. And the look his girlfriend is giving him as the cops ask her what is going on may tell us all we need to know.

0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's all part of the script. Ever sat around and listened to a wives tupperware party (when they didn't realize a hubby was near)? Inevitably some wife will convey her frustrations with her marriage. The uniform response? "Take him to court and take everything."

Think this isn't scripted? Anymore than, say, the political messaging in advertisements these days or SCOTUS nominees being subjected to what accusers and politicians KNOW IN ADVANCE are false claims? This is all about ideology and power. In the end, no one really cares about spousal abuse/violence against women any more than they care about the Kate Steinle's of the world. Senator Warner, for example, is pushing support for Ashanti's Law...but voted against Kate's Law. Point being, doing the right thing isn't what is going on. It's about gender politics, money and power.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Identity politics are a scourge. They are designed to divide and conquer. They want to place everybody in neat little groups, and set them against each other to keep them from both thinking on their own, and organizing against those in power (on both sides of the political spectrum). Gender and racial politics are just a subset of the theme.

To be fair, I think many people, many individuals, care greatly about abuse and violence. But individuals get ignored when the groupthink takes over. As long as people just keep subscribing to the idea that "the other group is the devil!", there will be a continual downward spiral of decency. It's easy for people to justify horrific acts and unethical behavior if it is targeting the "other" group, whatever the "other" designator happens to encompass.

Don't be surprised that discourse has lowered and violence has risen; that is literally what identity politics and tribalism does. Discussion ends, and it's all about making sure you get yours.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Florida State

I rarely weigh in on domestic abuse situations because I watched my father break my mother's jaw when I was a 5 or 6 yr old child. He was a mean drunk, who had little control over his emotions once the fire water entered his system. I hated that man for the 1st half of my life.

He turned into one of the greatest human beings I ever met once the alcohol was no longer a part of his life, with one of the largest funerals the funeral home had seen in years in downtown Alexandria as a testament of who he'd become...people all over loved him.

What does that tell me about Ruben Foster? Nothing really, just that my perception is a little different.

I am not sure what the look his GF had on her face, but I never saw that look in my mothers eyes...I saw fear in mom, and I'm not sure that Foster's GF had fear in her eyes...looked more like disgust. And for a woman who had been slapped in the face by a man twice her size, I'd expect some marking...I see none. I will grant the video does not provide the most accurate image of her possible injuries, but if she been slapped in the face, marks would be there, and the cops would not have allowed that to slide with no arrest.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.