• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Helmet-to-helmet hit

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
It is being reported on NFL.com that Dallas' Xavier Woods has been fined for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Jordan Reed during the Thanksgiving game. What I found hilarious about the article was the comment 'The hit was inexplicably not flagged during the game', but the word inexplicably has been misused in this instance.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994216/article/roundup-pats-cordarrelle-patterson-fined-13k
Part 2 of No 2.

The hit wasn't missed as it would have meant a 15 yard penalty, and a possible first down for the Redskins, and we all know that a 'cheap' first down will never be handed to the Redskins, no matter what.

They need to start fining some refs. I've seen more missed calls this year on blatant fouls.

They need to start fining some refs. I've seen more missed calls this year on blatant fouls.

Throughout most of the season I have seen less than in the past, but as the season wears on...it gets worse. I think as playoff implications are here, it will get worse. Not sure if it's narrative the NFL wants (calling in favor of one team over the other), blatant bias against/for a certain team, or the refs get more nervous, but it always appears to make the difference in more and more games as the playoffs approach.

Hey, if the NFL is serious about player safety the refs up in the box watching the game replays should signal down to the field when the on field folks miss 15 yard head shots and other unsafe plays.

There shouldn't be any need for the institution of a coach's challenge or retroactive review by the league.

We can do this in real time.

The NFL stops the game for 1,500 commercials hawking beer and shaving blades, they can take the 10 seconds to get these plays right.

Wonder if they will fine the Dallas player who went head-to-head with Kamara in the Thursday game as he was about to score?

I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories but even I have to wonder if there is a league memo out there instructing refs to favor the Cowboys because their being in the playoffs is good for business.

*shakes head*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.