• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/30/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
"All righty, did not participate were Quinton Dunbar, shin; and then limited, Zach Brown, knee; [Matt] Ioannidis, shin; [Morgan] Moses, ankle; [Adrian] Peterson, shoulder; [Tony] Bergstrom, knee; [Jamison] Crowder, ankle; [Jordan] Reed, back; and [Trey] Quinn, ankle."

On if CB Quinton Dunbar will play Monday:
"I haven't ruled anybody out yet."

On if WR Trey Quinn aggravated his ankle in the Cowboys game:
"I think the Sunday-Thursday game took a little bit of a toll on him back to the short week. It got a little sore."

On if Quinn looks good in and out of his cuts:
"Limited, not quite full strength, but he's done a little bit."

On the team covering tight ends this year and how they will cover Eagles TE Zach Ertz on Monday:
"Depends, I think when you're talking about playing good tight ends in the league, you have to have a plan. Man-to-man, you have to have somebody that can cover. I think D.J. [Swearinger] has done an excellent job on some of the tight ends when we have played man. Then some of the zone concepts we've played, we've done a good job with our awareness of where they are. But Zach's a different animal. I think he's the fourth or fifth highest targeted player in the league and he's going to get his opportunities. So when you're in man, you have to have somebody that can match him up. Big target that has a big catch radius, can run all the routes from all the different positions, it'll be a great challenge to go along with Alshon Jeffery on the outside and [Nelson] Agholor on the inside and a lot of good weapons for them."

On how important it was for RB Adrian Peterson to have a longer week heading into Monday's game:
"Yeah, it's been good for him. I think the long rest has helped also. I think it's been good for everybody really. Adrian is taking a lot of carries, a lot of hits, but he still looks like he has plenty in the tank, which is good."

On if he thought the story about LB Reuben Foster would still be going today:
"No, no."

On the optimism that RB Chris Thompson will play Monday:
"Optimistic? [I am] very optimistic. He's been full, so I anticipate the guys that are full to be ready to play. Then, it's just going to be a decision on how many backs I dress and who I dress."

On if the better health gives the team an advantage going into Monday's game:
"I don't know about an advantage. I think we've still got a lot of question marks, really. You're talking about [Zach] Brown, [Matt] Ioannidis, [Morgan] Moses, [Adrian] Peterson, [Tony] Bergstrom, [Jamison] Crowder, [Jordan] Reed, [Trey] Quinn, those are all guys who were all limited and [Quinton] Dunbar of course. That has a major effect on how many lineman you dress and how many linebackers you dress. Then, for special teams it has a trickle-down effect. There's still a little bit of questions as far as who we can dress, who will be available, who is full strength, and if you dress a guy that's not quite full strength and he goes down early, it's going to have a major effect on that position group. We've just got to do a good job figuring out the guys that are ready to play and can't play but we are pretty healthy on defense – knock on wood – and then offensive line-wise they are as healthy as they've been."

On how much the extra day helps the limited players:
"Well, it helps a lot, in preparation number one, but also in the rest, the focus and the ability to get these guys ready to play. It helps."

On what RB Chris Thompson will mean to the offense:
"Well, I've said it a lot, he's a very explosive player. Not just when he touches the ball, but when he is in protection also. Philadelphia does a nice job, they did a nice job early in the year, they've done a nice job against us in year's past with some blitzes and he can fit up on the linebackers. Sometimes he's forced to block a defensive lineman and sometimes he's forced to block a defensive back, but the recognition of the fronts and the blitzes, he's very good at. Then, we can get him outside and work him in the screens and work him on some options routes, so he's very important. He's a guy that's a valuable asset to this football team."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this game is essentially for the season.

If guys who are sore or nursing non career threatening bumps and bruises don't suit up for this one we might as well put them on injured reserve.

My thoughts exactly. Get on the field or go find your next team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.