• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Claim Rights to LB Reuben Foster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still beleive in a basic fundamental right in this country - "innocent until proven guilty" - although, the media and some citizens forgot that basic right in September and early October. Friends, it is still a right.

Perhaps I misunderstood this reference. What were you talking about here then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A man's life, his family, and his profession. The football part - it is his profession. Fortunately, there have been no deaths threats against Foster that we know about.

That's not what I would call a ringing endorsement. The Redskins aren't exactly the model of wisdom and wonder.

This is a PR fire the Redskins don't really need. They clearly think "hey, we've got Alabama players and he's from Alabama! Wheee!"

I hope it works out, but I think the Redskins jumped into something they didn't need to because they've got stars in their eyes. Definitely wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, I'm kinda with Henry on this one. Out here on the Left Coast they've been jawjacking about this guy since his second incident. The prevailing opinion is whether he did anything or not to this girl recently, given the MAJOR problems the first episode caused him, like very nearly having his career ended almost as soon as it began...why in the holy hell would dude even remotely consider an ongoing relationship of any kind with her? The facts will probably always be out of reach for those of us here, but there's one fact that trumps a whole legion of speculation and recantations, etc etc. It is a fact that if this young man had ceased any and all contact with this woman after the first drama, he would not be hung out to dry on the waiver wire like some mid round practice squad journeyman. It seems likely that his judgment and decision making skills are as horrible as his athletic talent is wonderful.

If, IF, he has truly turned over a new leaf there are some teams that could help him along that process, and in a couple years turn him into the reclamation project from hell-or would it be the Hall lol? Thing is, I haven't seen much of that ever happening with the Skins. In Gibbs 1.0 the man would snap up the so-called flakes, the eccentrics, whenever otber teams failed to see that they were ballers despite the window dressing...but he was very good at spotting the true head cases who had ability that a blind man could see, but invariably would split a locker room wide open everywhere they played. Ergo, the dynasty had no need of em. Later, boy, many of tbe B&G leaders who unenviably had to follow in the Legend's footsteps TRIED to come up with some finds like that in a last-gasp attempt to somehow overcome not only some pretty barebones rosters but also probably to gloss over their clearly less-than-Gibbs coaching skill. I may be misremembering but I can't think of any one time where that DIDN'T blOw up in their faces like a claymore mine. Meaning every time we concocted one of these "experiments" it didn't just not pan out, it left us in a bigger hole than we were in to begin with. Not such a far-fetched outcome if you stop to consider the known variables in such an equation, seems to me. Not sure I'd even think about pulling the trigger on that fascinating but scary handgun if the one time I did it nearly broke my wrist and knocked me flat on my back to boot, but what do I know lol?

Uh, wow. I look at this quick reply turned serious rant and self-consciously feel the verbal or written embarrasment of one who comes out of the bathroom unaware that a piece of seat cover or tp has come along for the ride. Okay, big guy, deep breath. Good air in, bad air out... I guess I'm just tired of watching countless idiots take their opportunity to play pro sports for granted, and piss it all away. I'd like to think if it was me I would find somebody who wasn't a dumbass like me and forbid them to ever leave my side so that I could skip all those times where I might fall victim to myself. Who knows, maybe not, but I've never been that kind of valuable so I'll never know. I'm not one of the most elite athletes on the planet, I'm an aging drywall carpenter roughneck. Big difference. Even if I TRIED to throw that all away I'm pretty sure a couple guys would find me and drag me back kicking and screaming anyway, so, err, I've got that going for me.

Alrightey, end rant.

Last edited:
Haven't read all of the articles on this. But the media frenzy has been pretty over the top as it usually is. You have guys in the official media conference asking Gruden repeatedly if they 'called the victim' before making the decision. Call the victim? In what universe does a potential employer personally contact people who've made allegations agains a potential hire? That just doesn't happen and wouldn't be appropriate if it did. But it's supposed to be some 'gotcha' question from hyperventilating media types.

It's fine if any fans (or for that matter, outside groups) don't like that this guy was claimed. But the team that claimed him (be it the Redskins or had it been some other team) is not responsible for whether he did or didn't do something untoward or illegal. He's nothing more than a potential employee. If it turns out the 'charges' against him are substantiated and he becomes legally culpable for them, they'll no doubt release him. If the charges prove to be baseless and it's determined by law enforcement or the courts that nothing criminal transpired, then he will be a Redskin.

The Redskins are not morally or legally responsible for individual player actions off the clock. They are not. They may take a PR hit from those that want this guy shunned by society even before he gets his due process. But they haven't done anything wrong to date in my opinion.

By the way, I did see all of the uproar over whether the Skins FO did query their former Alabama players about Foster before pulling the trigger or not. The Riggo's Rag article doesn't even make sense. They state that two of the guys they asked about it said 'no comment'. Then they state that 'The revelation that the players did not speak with the front office, as the statement alleges, makes the referenced statement not just a factual inaccuracy, but an outright lie.' At least from what they stated in the article 'no comment' does not equate to 'I was never asked about him'.

I don't believe the offiial statement says they spoke with former Alabama guys *before* claiming him. I don't even think it matters. Claiming Foster would've been a time-sensitive action that could quickly be undone. I think they pulled the trigger with the thought of beating out any other team with the intention of doing due diligence on the guy (including former teammate discussions).

Doesn't really seem nefarious to me - but the media is trying to make it so.

Morality and legality aside, I will go to my grave believing that taking on a player with that kind of baggage is a distraction for the rest of the team at some point. May be a big or a small one, and be extremely shortlived or end up going on and on forever. Either way, for a time it IS a distraction. My concern is that it just adds to an ever growing buzz and sideshow atmosphere that will do absolutely nothing to help us miraculously right the ship, if it's even possible, and save something from this rapidly deteriorating season that the team can build on moving forward. That's what I object to about signing him. I wouldn't want the team to have to work around the added circus even if Foster was a MUCH better player than I think he is. Even if I thought he had a much greater chance to turn it around and produce some consistent longevity. I most definitely do not in this kid's case. Every potential plus that might outweigh the risk factors are just so-so with Foster. I hope he has a long and successful career playing on Sundays, but even if he does I don't see him doing anything to be considered a top-tier LB like Kuechly, a pass rushing demon like Miller, or right here at home a very good all around player like Vet91, who has that motor to fuel his work ethic and as a result has been doing it pretty damn well for some time now.

I would be astounded if Foster gets anywhere near that kind of production in his career.

Until something substantial happens, this is much ado about nothing.

Having media folk convince people otherwise is par for the course.

Mole hills are always mountains, with them.
Creeks are raging rivers.
Blips on the radar are full scale nuclear invasions.

It's ironic to me that the same people that want to convict Foster out of hand without due process are the same people that are against the death penalty because an innocent man may be executed 🧐

Which is funny because back in my unruly non choir boy days my mom and grandmom used the switch to keep me in line especially after I did some wicked stuff in a church in NC when I was 6.(I was caught telling my cousin its not gonna hurt just cry out loud). but in todays environment sparing the rod and not talking to kids in an intimidating manner is mandatory. Hopefully he is smart enough to move on from the girl if she lied then again they should just find new people to be with unless there are circumstances like children etc.
Boone, do you put my post off to the side because it is untrue, off point or because it in fact points up the Redskins have taken on troubled players in the past?

Someone today had to remind me that Adrian Peterson had pleaded in the child abuse case when he was in Minnesota.

So there is a more current case of considering players with question marks.

A video exists. Let me know when the video of Reuben Foster is released. Ok?

It's ironic to me that the same people that want to convict Foster out of hand without due process are the same people that are against the death penalty because an innocent man may be executed 🧐

Nothing surprising heck they already decided a potential SCOTUS judge was guilty without due process until details of a coordinated smear with people charged with lying on the new SCOTUS came out. Heck some idiots still want to pursue it.

Riddick is the biggest kiss ass.

Now that he is in the media he's all for clean hands in re player conduct, etc.

When he was in the front office we signed Donte Stallworth, Darryl Gardener and Darrell Russell.

Didn't seem to have any issues with these guys wearing burgundy and gold.

Riddick must be frustrated he can't get a GM job after interviewing for 10 jobs 😛

His record speaks for itself just like Jim Bowden with the Nationals.

Kryptonite no one wants to touch.

since when did we start giving a shit about what guys do off the field anyway? honestly, most of these guys are no angels off the field, if he really was seriously abusive, then yeah, but from the sound of it, its not nearly as serious as people are making it sound.

ESPN and Whitten pisssed me off tonight. They had a total agenda with the topic. One can argue that we shouldn't have picked him up for the PR and optics, but they were convicting him which is totally different. Whitten even said he has a history of domestic abuse which is incorrect since charges were dropped. I've seen people falsely accused of sexual assault and domestic abuse. If it's proven he did it, then good riddance, but until then innocent until proven guilty and I'm fine with arguing about that point and taking a PR hit.

ESPN and Whitten pisssed me off tonight. They had a total agenda with the topic. One can argue that we shouldn't have picked him up for the PR and optics, but they were convicting him which is totally different. Whitten even said he has a history of domestic abuse which is incorrect since charges were dropped. I've seen people falsely accused of sexual assault and domestic abuse. If it's proven he did it, then good riddance, but until then innocent until proven guilty and I'm fine with arguing about that point and taking a PR hit.

I wanted to reserve judgement on this topic until you know actual facts come out, but like you I was very upset with ESPN generally and Witten specifically. As you stated, Witten had his mind made up and clearly did not even take the time to research that his “previous incidents” turned out to be false. With Witten it's extremely hypocritical because he either a. Played all last year with a guy who beat up a woman. Maybe that's why he retired this year, but if it meant that much to him, he should have retired last year. Or b. Played with a guy who was falsely accused of beating a woman and had a yes of his career derailed by a false accusation. I that case, he should know better than to convict a guy before the facts.

I'll post more of my thoughts on this subject later. But it does bug me when people convict at the accusation. If Foster is guilty of this, then I will be outraged like everyone else. But let's find out what actually happened first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, with every air head wearing a skirt automatically believing every accusation made by anyone else wearing a skirt...Combined with the pussy whipped American male looking for praise from said air heads, it's no wonder this non story just won't go away.

How many men throughout history, especially black men, have lost their freedom, or their lives, because of a lying woman.
Of course they're not all lying. But they don't all deserve automatic credibility either.

Let me just say that Witten is another politically conservative ex-Cowboy who in all likelihood has his own agenda.

Ironically though he does come off a team that had Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory on it 😜😜😜

I don't remember Witten asking for a trade.

If you guys want to talk about the accusations against Foster or DV in general, there is a thread in the PA forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.