• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rumor indicates Colin Kaepernick 'wants to play,' will Redskins sign him?

Sarge

Heh. I'd rather see what Heath Shuler is up to these days. Or Danny Weurffel

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/11/...pernick-wants-to-play-will-redskins-sign-him/

The Redskins are in need of a quarterback, now that Alex Smith suffered a brutal season-ending leg injury in Sunday's loss to the Texans.

Colt McCoy is a serviceable backup, but nothing more than that, and the Redskins are looking for a signal-caller to lead them to a division title. They (6-4) currently have a one-game lead over the (5-5) Cowboys, which makes the impending Thanksgiving Day matchup loom large.

The Redskins are working out a number of quarterbacks this week — Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates and EJ Manuel reportedly among them.

Why would you want to sign a RPO QB to be your backup when the Offense has been obsoleted for almost five years now? Like I said a couple weeks ago there's a ratio of pain-in-the-ass vs talent and Krap weighs more heavily on the “pain-in-the-ass” end of that ratio, far too much too to have as a backup.

Heh. I'd rather see what Heath Shuler is up to these days. Or Danny Weurffel

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/11/...pernick-wants-to-play-will-redskins-sign-him/

The Redskins are in need of a quarterback, now that Alex Smith suffered a brutal season-ending leg injury in Sunday's loss to the Texans.

Colt McCoy is a serviceable backup, but nothing more than that, and the Redskins are looking for a signal-caller to lead them to a division title. They (6-4) currently have a one-game lead over the (5-5) Cowboys, which makes the impending Thanksgiving Day matchup loom large.

The Redskins are working out a number of quarterbacks this week — Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates and EJ Manuel reportedly among them.

That article is fundamentally wrong Sarge. It'll be Colt all the way from here on, barring injury. He's been a loyal soldier, has enough skills to win us some games, and Gruden trusts him. There is no one out there who Gruden is going to trust to QB a team that still has a game lead in the division.

There's a reason this guys not in The NFL anymore. He's not that good and he doesn't fit the offense.

Compared to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Josh Johnson and the others Colt McCoy is Joe Montana :laugh:

There is nothing but rubbage out there on the street in terms of quarterbacks at this stage of the season.

Smith's injury in my mind signals that the Redskins are now going to have to make quarterback a top priority in the draft.

The overlap of a young quarterback's rookie salary over the next 2-3 years and the expiration of the guaranteed portion of Smith's deal would seem to be this team's best way out of a real salary cap crunch.

And that's assuming Smith can come back and play.

If like Theismann he is out of the league the cap hit in 2019 is going to be huge.

That article is fundamentally wrong Sarge. It'll be Colt all the way from here on, barring injury. He's been a loyal soldier, has enough skills to win us some games, and Gruden trusts him. There is no one out there who Gruden is going to trust to QB a team that still has a game lead in the division.

Yea they're assuming we're bringing in those guys to compete for starter, and there's no chance anyone but Colt is the starter.
Obviously we need a backup. That's what the plan is with those guys.

I would be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Colt McCoy wasn't named the starter for the rest of the season.

Then again, nothing really shocks me when it comes to this team anymore, so maybe I wouldn't be shocked.

But I should be.

Whatever. :)

I would be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Colt McCoy wasn't named the starter for the rest of the season.

Then again, nothing really shocks me when it comes to this team anymore, so maybe I wouldn't be shocked.

But I should be.

It would be a total shock. Even for this team that seems to specialize in shocking us.

I think.

M'eh. :knife:

But I should be.

It would be a total shock. Even for this team that seems to specialize in shocking us.

I think.

M'eh. :knife:

Doesn't McCoy have a habit of hurting his fingers.
Probably wouldn't be a shock if he does that in the next day or 2, and Sanchez is indeed named starter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.