• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 12 - 2018: Redskins @ Cowboys

How will Skins fare against the Cowboys?

• Win - backups have a great history here!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Lose - who are these guys and how long have they been on the team.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Will brining make this game easier to digest?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cannot wait for the next home game and the home "crowd" that shows up.

Norman better not say one damn word about the fanbase after two shit performances back to back.

All true Miles. The defense nevertheless wasn't good enough tonight.

The margin for error in this season is slowly slipping away. I kinda thought they'd lose tonight, but I thought it would be a close game. Not the case. It was ugly.

This is not true, we were never out of the game. There were 2 lucky plays to Amari Cooper...other than that, we were in it almost all the way, with one failed onside kick at the end for a chance to tie the game in the final minutes.

This is not true, we were never out of the game. There were 2 lucky plays to Amari Cooper...other than that, we were in it almost all the way, with one failed onside kick at the end for a chance to tie the game in the final minutes.

Really?

The only time this offense could score was when they were given a short field. Colt is not physically capable of being a starting QB on this level and it showed today.

When the Cowboys went back up 20-13, every reasonable Redskins fan knew that was it unless the D forced a turnover and gave the offense another short field.

The more troubling thing here? Jay couldn't wait to get away from being a run dominant offense. As soon as Colt was in place, he was going to have him sling the ball all over the park ala Spurrier/Wuerfuell...instead of understanding that Colt can't carry a team and the fact that they had no practice...and leaning on the run game, it was going to be a pitch and catch day.

And that's why Jay's not head coach material: He does not want to adapt to the moment and he has no vision.

Hell, he's in year 5 and he still can't manage the game clock! And there was absolutely no sense of urgency late in the game when they still had time.

Boone won't like this and he'll argue against it but Jay needs to go. We've seen his best and it's just not good enough.

Last edited:
Days like these make me wonder why I can't ever seem to let the Redskins go.

The on field product never changes.

Backup qb, no live practice in pads this week and the refs f***ing us like kevin spacey at julliard prospects and the sky is falling, HTTR!!

Keep your heads up. Something great is about to happen.

The Redskins lost this game because of 3 plays. All 3 of those plays had everything to do with the Redskins and nothing to do with the refs.

The first Cooper TD showed that Dunbar shouldn't have been playing. How everyone watching knew that but the coaches didn't is mind boggling. Cooper made a simple cut that Dunbar couldn't and then had zero shot to pursue and make the tackle.

The second TD was just poor tackling and a poor angle by Clinton-Dix. How you can't tackle a guy and let him get loose like that is ridiculous. Tackle Cooper and you make Dallas drive the length of the field, something they only did once all day.

The 3rd was the missed sack on Prescott where he ran it in for the TD. You make that tackle and it's a FG at best for Dallas.

You make 1 of those plays, you have a shot to tie the game at the end instead of that FG. You make 2 of those plays, you probably win the game.

Looks, I get it. These calls by the refs the past 2 weeks are infuriating. Some of them are blatantly obvious and they are missing them. It makes the game much less enjoyable. Win or lose I hate watching a game with terrible officiating. The last 2 weeks have been especially bad. But if the Redskins make the plays they need to make, they win the game despite the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Maybe Jay's the problem and a new HC will take Colt to the SB.

2. Maybe Bruce and Jay are sent packing and we get several new people that don't call Kirk "Kurt" and who don't guarantee Alex Smith $72 million.

Maybe they also don't trade away one of the most promising CBs in the country in a passing league.

We're still in first place. Dallas plays the Saints next weekend.

It's not ideal, but it's not incredibly bad either.

1. Maybe Jay's the problem and a new HC will take Colt to the SB.

2. Maybe Bruce and Jay are sent packing and we get several new people that don't call Kirk "Kurt" and who don't guarantee Alex Smith $72 million.

Maybe they also don't trade away one of the most promising CBs in the country in a passing league.

We're still in first place. Dallas plays the Saints next weekend.

It's not ideal, but it's not incredibly bad either.

I'll go with #2 please. The Saints will wax the Cowboys, but that isn't going to make our play or the playcalling any better. We have fundamental problems that have to be fixed in order to ever have a solid team again. Reason 1 can't be fixed because it's the owner. Reason 2 CAN be fixed with Bruce Allens firing, but then you have to look back at reason 1

I thought the officiating was horrible, and not all in Dallas favor either (although on the balance it was).

There was a first down given to Reed in the first half that I felt was clearly short. By about a yard too. I was shocked the Cowboys didn't challenge it.

Colt didn't have a great game but I didn't think he was horrible either, all things considered. That second INT was a brilliant individual effort on the part of Lawence.

The defense is what let us down today. Once Ionnidas got hurt, they started pushing the line and getting yards running the ball and the secondary forgot how to tackle. Take away those two long TD's by an otherwise average Cooper and what was the score?

I thought the officiating was horrible, and not all in Dallas favor either (although on the balance it was).

There was a first down given to Reed in the first half that I felt was clearly short. By about a yard too. I was shocked the Cowboys didn't challenge it.

Colt didn't have a great game but I didn't think he was horrible either, all things considered. That second INT was a brilliant individual effort on the part of Lawence.

The defense is what let us down today. Once Ionnidas got hurt, they started pushing the line and getting yards running the ball and the secondary forgot how to tackle. Take away those two long TD's by an otherwise average Cooper and what was the score?

All true, but when the Skins went down by esstenially 3 scores, I knew the game was over, and that was early in the 3rd. Pissed me off too, because this was the first NFL game I've watched in 2.5 years, and it's the same ol crap from the Skins

Keep your heads up. Something great is about to happen.

Either that or the wheels are about to fall off. For anyone keeping count, we've just gone 1-3 over the past four games.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, a garden-variety 6-5 team should win out, or at least go 4-1 over the last five games. That would win us the division this year.

On the other hand, a garden-variety 6-5 Gruden-coached Redskin team will lose to the Eagles in Philly this week and end up going 2-3 or so down the stretch. Sadly, my money is on that outcome at the moment.

We are who we are until we're not.

All of us here know what's coming on Monday Night Football.

We can deny it all we want to but deep down, we know this team rarely ever performs on a national platform...especially MNF.

Eagles trending down,players out to injury? This team will be the shot in the arm they need.

I do not like feeling this way about my childhood team. But after the last 25 yrs and the last five of Jay, I've resigned myself to the fact that this is who the Redskins are and what they do.

At this point, I'm ready for the return of Charlie Casserly. And the Tuna. ANything........................

The more troubling thing here? Jay couldn't wait to get away from being a run dominant offense.

When you're kicking an onside kick at the end, there's a chance...not out of the game. Our offense was poor, McCoy didn't get it done, but dude did not have a single practice with the offense, just walk throughs. On 2 poor plays, they let us down but that defense kept us in this game regardless of what some say. The game could have been a lot different had Moreau not been called for a ticky tack hold on a play his actions would not have affected the game at all on a 3rd and long we stopped them.

As for getting away from the run, yeah he panicked when the run game never really got going, but you could see AP was a shell of the RB he was in our 1st match up with them.

The rest of your post, I agree. It's time for Gruden to get the axe if he cannot salvage a division title out of this season. Is this the kind of loss that the team simply gives up, or do we come out against Philthy and win convincingly? Henry is correct, a 6-5 team in this situation can easily end up 10-6, and I don't think that's out of the question, and Monday night is the indicator.

I still don't think we are done for the season. Without AP we need Marshall, Perrine, and Bibbs to step up...they couldn't last year, hopefully the can step up their games after some leadership from AP.

For the 1st time this year, I think 10 wins is not out of question, but 9-7 is still likely. Although it would be a feat to beat the Eagles twice, the only game I think we will have real trouble is the Titans.

Edit: And don't be surprised if Dallass upsets the Saints. You can only ride so high for so long...the Saints are due for a let down, they usually do at some point.

Last edited:
The #Redskins lost yesterday but incredibly, they will enter the month of December with either the lead or a share of the #NFCEast lead for just the 3rd time in the last 27 seasons. Here's the list: 1996 a share, 1999 the lead, 2018 a share. #HTTR ??

--@kevinsheehanDC

That's hard to believe.

Jay likes to say we have a formula to win. Run the ball,play good defense limit turnovers.

Jay didn't give up on the run yesterday. You can't give up on something you never really tried to do with any consistency .

First possession of the game was three straight passes. Three and out. Not one run. You knew then that Jay Spurrier was back.

Someone already responded! All a matter of perspective I guess. Right at the turn of the 4th quarter after the so caslled lucky play, we were behind 31 - 13. That changed the dynamic entirely with a new QB who was having difficulties all day with decision-making and accuracy. Not all problems of his making, but it was obvious to most that he wasn't the vessel to carry the team to a come-back. Add to that the continual mistalkes by the defense and it was clear where it was going to go. In theory, they had a chance. However, the Skins surrendered whatever momentum they had so fast that it made my head spin!

This happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.