• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

trade down scenerio- who do we pick

who do we pick at 14

• Mike Iupati OG Idaho 6-5 325

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Everson Griffen DE Southern California 6-3 278

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 6-5 318

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Golden Tate WR Notre Dame 5-11 195

• Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson 6-4 248

• Earl Thomas CB Texas 5-10 195

• Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech 5-11 235

• Anthony Davis OT Rutgers 6-6 325

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sergio Kindle OLB Texas 6-4 255

• Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa 6-6 312

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
using the draft value chart the value of our 4 is
and

I doubt we would get these picks but if we did we would have the
14, 37, 46. 78 and 100th pick in the draft, albiet before comp picks.
By the way; I would love this scenerio

So who do we pick at 14?

By the way, I used cbs rankings of players; at this time lists are all over the place so I am sure one can find 543 lists that contradict this ranking.

I would also love to have the 14th pick this year... along with the 46th and 78th of course. I would take the best OT with our first pick. I voted Trent Williams but I may change that before the draft to Anthony Davis. I like Bruce Campbell out of Maryland too. Of course it still depends on what we do in Free Agency but I think our 37th pick we might want to think about a RB. Dwyer could still be there if not I like Ryan Matthews from Fresno State too.

I still think the chances of the Skins taking Bradford or Clausen are pretty good but if Shanahan is happy with Campbell I think trading down would be a good way to go.

some of the players available at 37 and 46

Brian Price DT UCLA 6-2 300
Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 206
Maurkice Pouncey C Florida 6-5 318
Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma 6-6 258
Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida 6-6 265
Dominique Franks CB Oklahoma 6-0 192 1-2 "
Damian Williams WR Southern California
Brandon Spikes ILB Florida 6-3 256
Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State 5-11 220
Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona 6-6 265 1-2 "TYPE=

at 46
Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri 6-1 241
Colt McCoy QB Texas 6-2 212 2
Tim Tebow QB Florida 6-3 236
Terrence Cody DT Alabama 6-4 370
Aaron Hernandez TE Florida 6-2 250
Kyle Wilson CB Boise State 5-10 190
Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech 6-3 229
Jerry Hughes OLB TCU 6-2 257
Ducasse OT Massachusetts 6-5 326
Dexter McCluster WR Mississippi 5-08 165

I chose Brian Bulaga, but would take Trent Williams as well. Pouncey would likely be available at 37 and at 46 we could probably pick up a decent RB.

I'm split on Iupati and Bulaga at 14. Then at 37 and 48 pick up at least one more OL.

When see Tebow at 46...makes me glad Allen and Shanahan are running the show.

Vinny would take Tebow in a second!!!!! I am not sure what Shanahan is thinking at QB yet but we know it isn't Tebow.

It looks like Bulaga or Willliams-before I go to round 2 here is some information on both

http://www.giantsgab.com/2010/01/24/prospect-profiles-t-bryan-bulaga/

BULAGA

Scouting Report: If I was building an offensive tackle in a lab, he’s look like Bulaga. He’s tall, but has a low center of gravity, huge wingspan, and is rock solid. Going into the season, what I wanted to see from Bulaga was his run blocking. Because his pass protecting is text book. He’s got nimble feet, moves well laterally, and shows great control over defenders in pass protection. He uses that reach to re-direct players and dictate the action. he is strong enough he doesn’t get beat with the bull rush, and is so smart, he does really well in assignments and picking up blitzers. On to his run blocking. This season has been a tough read, because of the Thyroid condition that sidelined him for the first few games and has limited him up until just the past 2 or 3 games. But what I have seen lately is, he’s improved in his run blocking. He’s going much better in space, getting to the second level and has improved in finishing his blocks in the run game. His strength has improved a ton, and the run game is where it really shows. He’s showing a great punch.

Draft Status: Going into the year, I had no doubt Bulaga would have a huge season, declare and battle Russell Okung for that top spot at tackle. But his Thyroid problem really set him back. Having said that, he’s rallied in a huge way, and that should motivate him to head to the NFL. The window of opportunity for these guys is small, and he needs to go now, while he can. Iowa is getting a ton of media attention, and he’s played exceptional the past few weeks. He’s a lock for a first round pick, and a strong finish and offseason could put him firmly in the no.2 tackle spot, which would mean top 15 pick and top 15 money.

Final Analysis: I love the lunch pail type head knocking offensive linemen. Bulaga is that guy. One thing you can never underestimate in an offensive lineman is a nasty streak and a complete disdain for his opponent and Bulaga has that like no other player in this draft. Seems his Thyroid problem is under control and will not be an issue in the future so we focus on what is good. He’s an elite LT prospect, great pass protector, and shows a ton of potential as a run blocker. There really isn’t much else you could ask for, is there? He’s not the flashy prospect of some tackles the past few seasons, and he isn’t getting the media attention he should, but his game really does speak for itself.

Reminds me of: Michael Oher, OT Baltimore Ravens-Similar builds, both exceptional pass protectors and both improving every week as run blockers. Very similar in size and style and Baluga looks to have a similar impact on the team that drafts him, that Oher has had for the Ravens.

Red Flags: Medical

TRENT WILLIAMS

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010twilliams.php
Trent Williams, 6-5/310

Offensive Tackle

Oklahoma

Trent Williams Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths:
Solid height and bulk
Long arms
Very athletic
Gets set quickly
Nice lateral movement
Consistent footwork and mirrors well
Patient; gets comfortable in stance
Gets to second level
Displays short range explosion
Light on his feet
Great balance
Instinctive; counters moves well
Nice stunt/blitz awareness
Effective hand punch
Shows ability to handle elite speed off edge

Weaknesses:
Lacks a nasty demeanor
Not very physical in run game
Sometimes lets rushers into body
Occasionally has bad posture
Must sustain blocks at higher level
Lapses in concentration
Looks a little stiff with knee bend

Summary: Trent Williams is a very solid left tackle prospect, but he has lots of room to improve in the running game and I don't think he will ever be considered an elite pass protector in the NFL. Williams is making the move from right to left tackle in 2009, and NFL scouts will be monitoring his progress closely. The official Oklahoma Web site claims he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.82 seconds... we'll see about that at the Combine.

Player Comparison: Donald Penn. Penn is an athletic pass protector, but lacks a nasty demeanor against the run.

Trade down might be possible with Cleveland.
Per the TMZ of football PFT:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/08/report-browns-high-on-joe-haden/
via Cleveland Plains dealer:
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2010/02/terry_plutos_talkin_about_shaq.html

1. Yes, Florida cornerback Joe Haden is very attractive to the Browns, who want to add at least three defensive backs between the draft and free agency. The coaches believe they have only two legitimate starters in the secondary -- Eric Wright and Abe Elam. They consider Elam the No. 2 safety, meaning they want a real playmaker at the position. They have no idea what will happen with Brodney Pool, who was making significant progress before suffering a season-ending concussion in Game 11. It was at least his fourth concussion since turning pro in 2005.

2. Clearly, Tennessee safety Eric Berry appears to be a rising star, but he is expected to be gone long before the Browns pick at No. 7. Haden could be available. The Browns had 10 interceptions last season -- four by Pool, whose future is in question. The average NFL team had 16. Only three teams -- St. Louis, Detroit and Oakland -- had fewer interceptions.

There have been some early rumors/projections that KC will either go after a OT, S or Haden at #5, so if Cleveland really wants a guy like Haden or Eric Berry (or even Bradford or Clausen) maybe they'll be willing to trade down with us to leap-frog KC.

Last edited:
I think if Eric Berry falls to #4 then I think a team would be willing to trade with us. However, don't be shocked if the Skins go ahead and take Berry. That way we can move Landry back to Strong Safety which is where he belongs.

I think if Eric Berry falls to #4 then I think a team would be willing to trade with us. However, don't be shocked if the Skins go ahead and take Berry. That way we can move Landry back to Strong Safety which is where he belongs.

With pressing/dire needs at OL (especially LT) a desire to find a franchise QB, a need for younger, more explosive RBs, a need to find another starting corner not to mention a SLB (if they run a 4-3)...I have to think if the Skins take another Safety that high would be practically insane.

But this is the Redskins we're talking about, if Vinny was still here it would be a high possibility.

There have been drafts that Shanahan has ran where he has taken best player avalable over highest need, if he does that here Berry is a possibility.

I would take best avalable OT with our first round pick, this is just an observation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.