• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 11 - 2018: Redskins v Texans

Who Wins on Sunday?

• Good guys!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Houston - we have a problem!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask Josh Norman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems Colt energized the offense a bit.

Are we getting decent pressure on Watson?

When they're pressuring him, they're getting him. When Houston makes stuff happen, though, the D is getting beaten pretty badly.

What kind of idiot coach tries a 63 yd FG with a less than 100% kicker whose never made on from nearly that far? Why even make that call? How do you not know he can't kick that far? That's your job as the coach to know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not like pinning anything on the refs, we could have have won this game, but the no-call on the pass interference on Doctson at the end of the game was a bullshit call. Doctson was sandwiched by the defenders before the ball was even close. I can't wait to see the NFL defend that one!!!!

That is the kind of bullshit that irks me about the NFL. If that is New England, new Orleans, Dallas or Seattle, they get the call!

I think he was looking at 8 seconds left, not much of a chance to do much. The Offense needed to get a first down and somehow stop the clock. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No other options. That's a lot to ask of 8 seconds.

I feel filthy somewhat defending Norval Gruden.

I do not like pinning anything on the refs, we could have have won this game, but the no-call on the pass interference on Doctson at the end of the game was a bullshit call. Doctson was sandwiched by the defenders before the ball was even close. I can't wait to see the NFL defend that one!!!!

That is the kind of bullshit that irks me about the NFL. If that is New England, new Orleans, Dallas or Seattle, they get the call!

The league won't defend it, they'll just silently tell the team “Yeah... our bad” and that'll be the end of it.

I don't know who the head Ref was, but that entire crew was from Bizarro Earth. The one call when even a pedestrian fan would have assumed Houston would decline the penalty, but he made some wonky call... ? That was just oddball.

I think he was looking at 8 seconds left, not much of a chance to do much. The Offense needed to get a first down and somehow stop the clock. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No other options. That's a lot to ask of 8 seconds.

I feel filthy somewhat defending Norval Gruden.

Colt did well, but the 2nd down play after he got us past the 50 was a poor throw that could easily have been a 7 or 8 yard pickup, just a poor throw from Colt. But I am reeling about that no-call on the PI. That was a terrible decision by the refs...horrible. And like I said, they call that for Dak, Tom, Drew, and Russell every single time!

Edit: I mean, if you're going to call Norman for a simple tug at the jersey on a play that the "infraction" would not have affected the outcome in any way, then call the WR getting sandwiched by the defenders before the ball ever gets there!

I am not upset by the team effort on this one at all. Alex Smith made some bad throws, but kept us close for most of the game prior to the injury. The call against Josh Norman was ticky tacky, but he played well enough for most of the day. The defense kept us close the whole way. And our OL was able to play well enough considering they went up against the best DL in the game, arguably.

One call by the refs changed the outcome of this game...one horrible, shitty call.

This loss sucks, but we lost to a good team. So I guess I'm happier with a hard fought loss than I am with the terrible win last week. :laugh2:

Agree El, that non PI call was atrocious, even Helen Keller would've called that.

I am not upset by the team effort on this one at all. Alex Smith made some bad throws, but kept us close for most of the game prior to the injury. The call against Josh Norman was ticky tacky, but he played well enough for most of the day. The defense kept us close the whole way. And our OL was able to play well enough considering they went up against the best DL in the game, arguably.

One call by the refs changed the outcome of this game...one horrible, shitty call.

This loss sucks, but we lost to a good team. So I guess I'm happier with a hard fought loss than I am with the terrible win last week. :laugh2:

My 3 keys to the loss.

1) Easy drop by Davis on the long ball.
2) Non-PI against Norman.
3) Bad play-call on our last play to throw a long ball, when we really just needed 5 yards or so.

El,

I understand your frustration about the non pass interference call, but the fact is that you can't make a low percentage long downfield throw on 3rd down when you need about seven yards or so to get in legitimate field goal territory. That's what forced us into a 63 yard try.

El,

I understand your frustration about the non pass interference call, but the fact is that you can't make a low percentage long downfield throw on 3rd down when you need about seven yards or so to get in legitimate field goal territory. That's what forced us into a 63 yard try.

Why not? Doctson was open, and could have had a shot at the ball had he not been tackled. Drew Brees would go for the throw on that play. The throw before it was the questionable one where he had the open receiver in the flat, and threw a duck. I'd rather take the chance, than throw a poor pass like that.

El,

I don't think El is referring to the long ball to Doctson on the last play,
Like I did in my last post, I think he's referring to when Houston was driving down the field, and Norman was called for PI, when it clearly was not.

I don't think El is referring to the long ball to Doctson on the last play,
Like I did in my last post, I think he's referring to when Houston was driving down the field, and Norman was called for PI, when it clearly was not.

No, I mean the attempt to get Doctson the ball. That was a clear PI, and if the refs are going to call Norman for his hold to give the Texans another shot, then they better call the PI against the Txans for totally mugging Doctson.

CH believes we should have been playing for the yardage, and I agree, but Doctson was open. What I did not see was anyone open down the middle of the field. With 19 seconds left, Quinn in the slot should have been the option. That is plenty of time to get the completion, and get down the field to down it.

I agree with CH the call should not have been a deep out route, but no one was open down the middle. And I don't mind that McCoy took a shot...it shoulda gone our way.

You throw that ball for two outcomes a catch or pi, that was the right play, Doctson had everything but his nuts grabbed on his attempt to catch it. Its bs these refs held the flags in their pocket.

If that's Brees, Brady or Dak throwing the ball on that play, the flag is thrown 100% of the time.

That call on Norman was a bad call and the non call on Doctson is probably PI in a non end of game situation, which always bugs me. But the Redskins were the beneficiary of the worst call of the game. One that was not only a horrible call on the field, but they also reviewed it and still gave the Redskins the ball. That was that Hopkins catch and fumble. He never had control of the ball, yet somehow they came out of a review and said it was a catch and fumble. Just an awful call and even missed by the review. You couldn't even tell from the review if it was an interception, so you can't even come out of the review with that.
i
So yeah, the two calls we wanted to go the Redskins way didn't. The really bad one did go their way and possibly took points away from Houston. It just didn't happen in the last minute of the game. But Houston somehow still found a way to win, despite the ridiculous call that went against them.

Can we burn the ****ing throw back uni's now? I've been calling for that for 25 years because NOTHING good EVER comes out of us wearing them.

Not good news to wake up to. A./ we lost, and b./ Alex Smith suffered a broken leg and is possibly done for the year.

We entered the weekend with a two-game break and holding first place in the NFC East. Thursday should see us level with Dallas, then we have Philly and NYG, so the next three weeks are probably the most important we've had all season. With Colt under centre, can we maintain our lead or will we be fighting a losing battle at the end of the next three weeks?

Only time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.