• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/13/18: Bill O’Brien

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

November 13, 2018

Houston Texans Head Coach Bill O'Brien

On comparing S DJ Swearinger Sr. and his progression from his time with Houston to this season with Washington:
"I think that DJ did a really good job for us here. As you come into putting your team together on a year to year basis, you just try to make decisions in the best interest of the team. DJ made a lot of plays for us here. He's a very instinctive, tough, competitive player. He's obviously gone on to Arizona and now in Washington and I think he's a captain there and he's leading the league in interceptions, doing a great job, has got excellent ball skills, good tackler, tough, competitive guy. He's going to be a challenge to go against on Sunday."

On Swearinger's maturity level and if it was ever an issue in Houston:
"No. I think that every player goes through that. I think every player that comes into the league, no matter who you are, it is a tough transition from college to professional football and then on top of that you have a coaching change and things like that, that DJ had to deal with. I think a lot of players go through that and DJ has obviously done a great job of coming into Washington and really performing at a high level."

On what has worked well during the six-game win streak:
"I think number one is our guys are playing hard. They're doing a good job of taking care of the ball on offense, playing pretty good complementary football and I think we have to continue to do that. We have to continue to complement each other in all three phases and just continue to play with great effort."

On his impressions of the Redskins newly acquired offensive linemen:
"I thought they played well. I think that they have a great coach there; obviously Jay [Gruden] and then Bill Callahan does a great job with that group and I thought they played very well. They run a very challenging system and it's going to be a tough game on Sunday."

On the success of the defense and what jumps out to him:
"First of all, I think they have 18 takeaways and only seven giveaways so I believe they are plus-11 thereabout in that category and I think that has a lot to do with their success. They do a great job on defense of disrupting the ball and Alex Smith and the guys on offense do a great job of taking care of the ball. I think they play with great effort on special teams, I think they have a really good special teams unit and I just think they are playing really well right now."

On the confidence level of the team:
"Look, I think winning helps. Obviously, I think everybody has confidence in their ability to go out there and play well, but I also think our team understands that this is a very humbling league. This is a league, like I always say, it's a short walk. It's a short walk from where you are right now to where you were when you were 0-3. So, I think our team really understands that, they understand that we have to try to continue to try and improve and get better every day."

On RB Adrian Peterson:
"He is obviously one of the best to ever play the game. I mean, he's big, strong, fast, has got good vision, great cutting ability, very, very difficult to stop especially when he gets to the second level and the third level –rushing for over 600 yards I think it is this year – just doing an excellent job. It's a credit to him, the way he's been able to stay in great shape and really a credit to the Redskins' system. They are doing a great job with him."

On if he considered signing Peterson in the offseason:
"I think we consider everybody that is available. I think we look at everybody. I don't think there's anybody that we just say we're not considering. I think we look at everybody and try to make a decision that's in the best interest of our team."

On what home field advantage means to him:
"I think that I'll just speak for my experience here in Houston. We have great fans, our fans are fantastic. They're loud, they show up early, they stay the whole game and I really believe in that. I think it's very, very difficult to play on the road in this league. I think it's always been a hard thing to do, you go on the road versus an NFC East opponent like this, I mean it's going to be a very, very challenging deal. I think playing at home with a great crowd like we have, is definitely an advantage. I think going on the road is tough, so we have to be able to try and go in there and do the best we can to try to win a game."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.