• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes Post-Game vs. Falcons 2018: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

REDSKINS HEAD COACH JAY GRUDEN

On injuries:
"Injuries, [Brandon] Scherff, we're going to check his shoulder, get an MRI tomorrow; [Shawn] Lauvao, knee, same thing; [Morgan] Moses, knee, came back into the game; [Quinton] Dunbar had just more aggravation on his nerve or shin and [Jordan] Reed hurt his neck and back but he came back at the end and played."

On if TE Jordan Reed limped off the field at the end of the game:
"Limped off? Oh, I think so, I don't know. I didn't hear that."

On if the issue in the run game was due to the offensive line injuries:
"Well, the first half we had two major penalties take us out of drives. They played good, hats off to Atlanta [Falcons] though. [Falcons Head] Coach [Dan] Quinn and their staff did a great job. Their players played well – both sides of the ball. But as far as the running game, I don't know, I'll have to look at the tape."

On playing from behind:
"Don't get behind. We just have to dig down deep. We had a chance. We cut it to a couple score lead. I think it was 28-14 and [they] came right down and they scored again to make it a 21-point game. A lot has to happen right for you to come back from three scores in the NFL. You have to have great protection. You have to have great defense. You have to get off the field. You have to stay on the field. We had a chance with the ball and then had another critical penalty. I believe two, three, four penalties, I believe on one drive, which hurt us on that drive for a chance to come back."

On how hard it is to win with so many penalties:
"It's impossible. It's impossible, you might as well just give them the ball and give them the game. I have to check the tape out to see what these penalties are all about. It's very frustrating. We got a couple of token penalties on there late. I have to look at the tape, and if they are legit, we have to get them corrected."

On what he would have done if another lineman went down:
"That's panic time. Matt Ioannidis would have played guard. Losing two starting guards is hard. You dress a backup tackle. I think we had to move Ty [Nsekhe] in there at guard. Not good. We've been there before. Love to have some guys to step up who are practicing with us and get them ready to go."

On how the Atlanta Falcons were scoring so quickly:
"It did surprise me. Really the way they were scoring, they had a bunch of third down conversions in the first half. Which we've been really good on third down all year and today, for whatever reason, we weren't very good. They scored on two screen passes for long touchdown runs. One at the end and one early in the game to [Tevin] Coleman. The third down conversions, really what kept them in the game. They ran the ball effectively but for us to get a team like Atlanta, we have to get a team like them off the field on third down and we didn't do it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.