• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 9 - 2018: Redskins v Falcons

Who Wins on Sunday?

• Good guys

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Dirty Birdies

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • With all their injuries I nearly feel sorry for the Falcons. But only nearly...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Smith has had a slow start (and that may be the understatement of the year), but he did everything he could today. He played well and got almost no help in the process. Reed isn't getting the job done and is the 2nd best TE on this team right now. The only WR who looked marginally competent today was Harris. Zero running game today as well.

We sucked today but it wasn't on Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, when you sit Jordan Reed for stretches of the game when you lack weapons and it takes you three games to find Vernon Davis and Maurice Harris....is that the coach or the Ex-Andy Reid Qb they got duped on again?

Well, when you sit Jordan Reed for stretches of the game when you lack weapons and it takes you three games to find Vernon Davis and Maurice Harris....is that the coach or the Ex-Andy Reid Qb they got duped on again?

I think they sat him because he got in an officials face arguing a stupid call, acting like a rookie instead of the 6 year vet he's supposed to be. After a decent first couple of games, he's back to dropping half of the passes thrown his way (his 2018 reception rate is the worst of his career). There's no doubt he is one of the biggest talents they have on offense. But without a healthy CT and Jamison Crowder out there, his impact has really been lessened. Blame whoever you want for that.

I think they sat him because he got in an officials face arguing a stupid call, acting like a rookie instead of the 6 year vet he's supposed to be. After a decent first couple of games, he's back to dropping half of the passes thrown his way (his 2018 reception rate is the worst of his career). There's no doubt he is one of the biggest talents they have on offense. But without a healthy CT and Jamison Crowder out there, his impact has really been lessened. Blame whoever you want for that.

Time to blame him. The coaches even tried to line him up in 3 TE sets with him out wide, but he wasn't getting open, using his size to box out smaller CB's or run past LB's or safeties trying to keep up with him.

Just frustrated Boone, as we all are.

I blame myself for half way buying into the snake oil Jay was selling:

Built to win now.

Probably go down in Redskins history like Norv's: What we do works

Still a lot of season to go. We have had shit luck on the injury front - that's not on anyone - it's just shit luck. I fully expect that both Lauvao and Scherff have season-ending injuries, then you have Trent out and Moses limping every other play. I'm not sure how any NFL team overcomes that? We had record bad injuries last year, but it may end up even worse this season before all is said and done. We were struggling on offense already. It may be about to get a lot worse.

We've won more than not, so there's that.

Beaten by 24 points AT HOME! Just a disgrace. Clinton-Dix was supposed to be an upgrade but we were a downgrade from previous weeks. Even the NYG or Ari would have won today! Consistency doesn't exist in the players vocabulary, so don't expect any. I'd be surprised if we go better than 8-8 this year.

Blame whoever you want for that.

And this is exactly what happens. Think about this...

Have you ever noticed, that without fail, after every single loss, it gives birth to a certain obsession.
An obsession of fans everywhere insisting they know where the blame lies. Often it's one player, or a position
group, or a coach, etc. It's rarely ever attributed to numerous players, even though about 40 players played in the game.
But that becomes their war cry. "I know where all the blame lies. I know it. It's right there. And only there !"

Everyone wants to be the one - who knows who IS the one - who is to blame.
And it's such an obsession that leads to arguments and heated debates about who's the one who knows who's the Fall Guy.

The obsession is some sort of Blame Game. A Blame Game Obsession.
So I call it a BG Obsession. Or I guess you could call it a BGO, if you want to sound super cool. :)
But please understand I'm not directing this at any one particular person, or any group of people, at all.
It's universal among Redskin fans absolutely everywhere. So I'm not blaming any blamer, in particular.
Just wondering if it makes sense to anyone else. And if they see the tragedy in it - not just because it creates
a lot of unnecessary arguments, but also regarding the logic of pinning everything on one scapegoat.

Last edited:
Still a lot of season to go. We have had shit luck on the injury front - that's not on anyone - it's just shit luck. I fully expect that both Lauvao and Scherff have season-ending injuries, then you have Trent out and Moses limping every other play. I'm not sure how any NFL team overcomes that? We had record bad injuries last year, but it may end up even worse this season before all is said and done. We were struggling on offense already. It may be about to get a lot worse.

We've won more than not, so there's that.

Also, Nseckhe was playing hurt the last series. He was clearly hurt but gut it out because he had to. The injuries are my biggest concern out of today. Scherffs injury really concerns me since the way he was acting I fear it's some sort of tear.

I want to be more mad about the game today, and trust me I was mad as the game was happening. But the Redskins are 5-3 having played the Packers, Panthers, Saints, and Falcons. Before the season, those were probably all counted as losses. They also beat the cowboys and giants, who have owned them in recent years. They have their work cut out for them. And most of the criticisms of the players and coaches are valid. But this team has shown they have a formula to win games. That hasn't always been the case. We will see if they can execute that formula or if they have games like today where they seem to have no answers.

Also, Nseckhe was playing hurt the last series. He was clearly hurt but gut it out because he had to. The injuries are my biggest concern out of today. Scherffs injury really concerns me since the way he was acting I fear it's some sort of tear.

I see that we have 2 Tackles, but zero Guards on our PS. That kinda sucks too.
I wonder how many of our backups in preseason that we cut, are still available ?
Because we had a pretty decent group of OL, that were barely not good enough to make the 53.
Kalis was good, and I see that he's on the Browns PS. We should bring him back onto our 53...for the 53rd time. I bet he's tired of goin back and forth.

And this is exactly what happens. Think about this...

Have you ever noticed, that without fail, after every single loss, it gives birth to a certain obsession.
An obsession of fans everywhere insisting they know where the blame lies. Often it's one player, or a position
group, or a coach, etc. It's rarely ever attributed to numerous players, even though about 40 players played in the game.
But that becomes their war cry. "I know where all the blame lies. I know it. It's right there. And only there !"

Everyone wants to be the one - who knows who IS the one - who is to blame.
And it's such an obsession that leads to arguments and heated debates about who's the one who knows who's the Fall Guy.

The obsession is some sort of Blame Game. A Blame Game Obsession.
So I call it a BG Obsession. Or I guess you could call it a BGO, if you want to sound super cool. :)
But please understand I'm not directing this at any one particular person, or any group of people, at all.
It's universal among Redskin fans absolutely everywhere. So I'm not blaming any blamer, in particular.
Just wondering if it makes sense to anyone else. And if they see the tragedy in it - not just because it creates
a lot of unnecessary arguments, but also regarding the logic of pinning everything on one scapegoat.

Thanks for making me smile and laugh on a day when those things have been in short supply! :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.